PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin water levels??

brianwhiteboy
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Anyone know how the water level is this time of year at Laughlin? I'm looking to take the boat out at the end of this month. Wasn't there a website that actually shows the water levels of the Colorado river?

RT21
03-19-2007, 04:59 PM
http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/
The level was really high last weekend. These numbers look really good also.

dumbandyoung
03-19-2007, 05:18 PM
i was up this oast weekend...its deep in the afternoon

shippingguy
03-19-2007, 05:23 PM
From the Needles bridge south you are good to go with a prop or jet, but north of the bridge you need to watch out even witha jet. The water levels are usually pretty low just past the bridge and then up by Avi and then again as you make the last bend to the Laughlin stretch. A jet you should be fine no matter what, but prop I would not chance it right now. Just my .02. I have ran that part many times with a prop and have been fine, but you need to know that stretch like the back of your hand to do so. I have only done it mid summer though.

brianwhiteboy
03-19-2007, 05:34 PM
yeah i've got 20' Cole jet so I think i'll be fine. I haven't been up there for 10 years or so...so I'm not real familiar with the river like I used to be. I've been going down to 6th st. in Blythe lately and there are a sh_tload of sandbars down there.
Time to hit a stretch of the river where you aren't darting back and forth to avoid the sandbars! :2purples:

Wheeler
03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
yeah i've got 20' Cole jet so I think i'll be fine. I haven't been up there for 10 years or so...so I'm not real familiar with the river like I used to be. I've been going down to 6th st. in Blythe lately and there are a sh_tload of sandbars down there.
Time to hit a stretch of the river where you aren't darting back and forth to avoid the sandbars! :2purples:
They got sand bars in Blythe?

Wheeler
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
he better get a run at the havazoo dam then again in parker,who knows how many deverison dams(sp):D where at in byth are you? bill schockn(sp) boat builder lives down their hes a cool dude, had some TQ (alot)1 night at his trailer:)
My brother is building a house in (next to hidden beaches) Blythe. I went down to get some pics of the property. I hang out in Parker and Bouse, AZ.

brianwhiteboy
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
my dad's got a spot in between Mayflower and Hidden Beaches (actually right next door to Hidden Beaches).

Wheeler
03-19-2007, 07:00 PM
my dad's got a spot in between Mayflower and Hidden Beaches (actually right next door to Hidden Beaches).
My Bro's is down river, next to hidden beaches. If you boat by it, you will see the front of the property, dug down to the water. The new house is going to be about 5,300 sq. ft. He was nice enough, to sell me his Parker House.