PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Sportbike ride??? 3-24-07

bLoWn N Rayson
03-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Anyone down to go for a ride through some twisties???? I was thinking to meet at Chaparral Motorsports in Riverside, open to suggestions.... Anyone down to ride a couple more times before it gets ridiculously hot....??????

mobldj
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
you mean in san bernadino right ?

bLoWn N Rayson
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
yep....my bad... so u scared or what/??:D

cola
03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
We were thinking about leaving Yucaipa Sat. AM for Tecate for lunch & back home before dark. All back roads.
Mike.
http://www.marininstitute.org/images/tecate_billiboard_reg.jpg
I'am ready to go.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/162_6203ss.jpg

mobldj
03-19-2007, 08:29 PM
just rember to wear yourfull face helmet(open casket is always nice for the parents).scared,hardley,how many sportbikes have you crashed and totalled on,me only one but im sure thats twice as many as you.wear your leathers if your really riding as it hurts when they scrub the pebbles out of your bad ass road rash.just some words of wisdom form an older rider.

bLoWn N Rayson
03-19-2007, 08:59 PM
mobldj
wise wordz........ ive been racing YSR 50s and 80s since i was in diapers just grew up on bikes
but i got hit going 70 mph on the freeway on in the 4th lane in damn near totalled myself, had to do reconstructive on my knee, tore the PCL and ACL, broke my nose cuz i went down face first then somehow rolled over and skidded across three lanes into the dirt, bike was not to bad it was just everything that you could ever think of broken........ still i am here and still doing it so i can say im lucky and stupid
Reason some beaner with a Durango Las Chivas sticker on his honda was wearing his ****in Raiders hat too low and in mexico they dont look when they turn, dont stop when they hit sumone either....
My buddy just damn near died on the same bike as mine on the I-5 on sunday southbound by the 710 so traffik was wadded up like crazy he is never gonna walk again but his reason inexperienced rider goes into Kawasaki dealer sees shiny ZX10R says he wants to be badass like all those guys doing wheelies down the freeway 12 o clockin (my dumbass is one of them, come ride n you will see haha) tries to cut between cars in heavy traffic slams into one and boom there u go....
At least weve both wadded up hard

bLoWn N Rayson
03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey Mike sounds like a ride Tecate??? backroads???? tell me more>>:eek:

NOTALENT
03-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Let me know when you guys head out, im definatley game. My bike isnt so pretty since my crash @ Buttonwillow, but it was a fun crash....most there didnt think so though....:D

Cole Trickle
03-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Let me know when you guys head out, im definatley game. My bike isnt so pretty since my crash @ Buttonwillow, but it was a fun crash....most there didnt think so though....:D
Whats the talley now?
6 months of ownership and 2 spills?

NOTALENT
03-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Whats the talley now?
6 months of ownership and 2 spills?
8-10 but im not just your ordinary rider...I actually ride. Trying to get my pro card by mid next year. First track day out I was bumped from the C group to the B group. I passed and lapped 50+ people and they noticed and pushed me up. I was in the upper side of the B group. Normally they never have Mazda turn open, but they did for this one. I took it inside, drug knee through it and coming torwards the end of the turn the rear end pitched out. Lowsided pretty gnarly it was all caught in like 20 pictues...im waiting for them to post up I find out afterwards that the inside was a bad line. Messed up from the street cars the weeks before. 6 people went down that day on that turn, 3 were pros.