PDA

View Full Version : best place on headers for o2 system?

IMPATIENT 1
03-20-2007, 07:39 AM
where's the best place on some rewarder twisties(bbc jet) to put some o2 bungs? i'm having bungs and a evac system welded on, does anyone have pics of their set-up i can use for reference? thanks guys:D

don johnson
03-20-2007, 08:05 AM
where's the best place on some rewarder twisties(bbc jet) to put some o2 bungs? i'm having bungs and a evac system welded on, does anyone have pics of their set-up i can use for reference? thanks guys:D
In the collector best if 4 inches past the primaries.
I have Imco type exhaust and have them in the collector 5 inches after the manifiold elbow.

sanger rat
03-20-2007, 12:36 PM
What are you going to do with the weep holes when useing the O2 meter?

IMPATIENT 1
03-21-2007, 05:31 AM
i'm runnin dry headers this yr., may weld up the weep hole, but at wot on a blower mill , doubt they'll mess with the o2 readings too much.

Unchained
03-21-2007, 11:53 AM
i'm runnin dry headers this yr., may weld up the weep hole, but at wot on a blower mill , doubt they'll mess with the o2 readings too much.
I wouldn't try it without plugging the holes. It should be quick and easy to put stainless screws in the holes to plug them and be sure about it. The O2 sensor is real sensitive to slight changes in a/f ratio.

IMPATIENT 1
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't try it without plugging the holes. It should be quick and easy to put stainless screws in the holes to plug them and be sure about it. The O2 sensor is real sensitive to slight changes in a/f ratio.
that'll work too, didn't think about that.thanx for the idea unch.! where did you put the ones on your turbo tunnel?

Unchained
03-21-2007, 07:17 PM
I put the O2 sensor in the 4" pipe about 6" from the turbine housing and it's worked well there.
You'll like using an O2 sensor. No more quessing.

IMPATIENT 1
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I put the O2 sensor in the 4" pipe about 6" from the turbine housing and it's worked well there.
You'll like using an O2 sensor. No more quessing.
yeah, that's what i'm goin for. i'm a newbie to blown jets and i'm in no position to replace a mill i spent all fall/winter/spring saving to build. i'm trying to find a intake temp sensor system that's cheap and a easy install as well, got any idea where to get one?

MACHINEHEAD
03-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I do know if you get them too close to an open collector end it will read a little off. Westechs 8 O2 rig is in every primary tube. Still not sure if it really matters just not too close to the end (8''?)

Unchained
03-22-2007, 03:44 AM
I don't know where to find a stand alone intake temp sensor.
Mine is tied into the Haltech box and I can only read it through the laptop.
You can probably find something on the Megasquirt EFI site.
As far as the O2 sensor sensitivity. My sensor is about 12" in from the end of the 4" pipe. Without the engine running you can blow in the end of the pipe and it will register the O2 of your breath.

Taylorman
03-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Why do you need to close them off. Are you talking about the little holes to drain the water in bassetts?

IMPATIENT 1
03-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Why do you need to close them off. Are you talking about the little holes to drain the water in bassetts?
they'll siphon in oxygen from the outside and screw with the o2 sensor. tman, what happened to your sig? i always like the roost 1 ya had.:D