PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Please Read This

cal***boat
09-22-2003, 10:22 AM
As of today 9-22 all efforts to obtain donations for Steve Lowater has stopped.
I would like thank everyone that sent in donations and put up auction items to help him out.
I myself feel that Steve should post some replys and thank you's for all that has been done for him in the last couple of months but I have no control over that.
Steve is responsable for his own actions and I don't know what to say about that except that I'am sorry if some people are upset.
Steve did spend quite some time in the hospital and is still not himself yet and I know it will take a long time to get back to normal from what he went through.
Once again I would like to asy thanks for all you have done.
Dave.
[ September 23, 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: cal***boat ]

Hud
09-22-2003, 11:11 AM
No need for any thanks here, just glad to help a fellow boater out a little. I would hope people would do it for me. I have talked to Billy B about Steve 2 or 3 times & Steve has a long & hard road to recovery! Steve, hang in there buddy,& see you at the water!

Mrs. Quick Shot
09-22-2003, 11:33 AM
We would like to send you our deepest regards, and will keep you in our prayers. May you gain a sense of peace in such time of sorrow. God bless!

superdave013
09-22-2003, 01:09 PM
I would not expect him to post anything. He didn't post much before and what's he going to say now?
I guess he could thank us for all kicking in some coin so he could have a Red Rock trip on us.
Steve, You're welcome bro.
I didn't go due to lack of funds (dog had surgery the week before). I'm glad to hear that my donation to Steve was well spent. Hope at least one of you guys drank a beer out of his cooler as you most likely paid for it. Don't sweat his med expenses, your taxes will pick up that tab.
Dave, you tried to do the right thing and help a guy out.

Sangster
09-22-2003, 01:38 PM
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

Sangster
09-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Well **** Me to Tears....Lowater was at Red Rock.....You would think the ****er would have had the decency to tell us to **** OFF before he headed down there..I wanted to go also but funds were tight on my end also...Not to mention the time spent getting scoops to auction when I had other work to do & put it off for him....God knows that if I get injured and need alittle R&R..Steve will be the first one I call to set up my R & R Fund Raiser...Nothin' like get the High Hard One from someone you try to help......And don't get me wrong I didn't do the auction thing so I could say he owes me, or to say where he should or shouldn't go...But, I think an explanation/appology is in order to those to those who sent cash...Cal***boat, Is this why the deal suddely came to an end..I had a friend tell me he heard he was going a few weeks ago, I found it hard to believe...Sounds like the run of the mill ****IN" to me...And you can pin this one also.... burningm burningm burningm

superdave013
09-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Sangster:
Sounds like the run of the mill ****IN" to me...And you can pin this one also.... burningm burningm burningm ok

HM
09-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Is anyone really suprised?
I was reading some of the old posts, and Cal***boat must feel like $5 ***** on payday.
I think we should start a fund raiser so that Cal***boat can get the surgery to remove the knife out of his back.

smalls
09-22-2003, 02:46 PM
On are way down to Red Rock on Tuesday we saw him on the opposite side of the I5. he was headed North.????? We were wondering WTF also,,,,,

Sangster
09-22-2003, 02:47 PM
That's what I'm Saying...

Sangster
09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
smalls:
On are way down to Red Rock on Tuesday we saw him on the opposite side of the I5. he was headed North.????? We were wondering WTF also,,,,, Smalls, was he towing the boat....

HM
09-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Sangster:
smalls:
On are way down to Red Rock on Tuesday we saw him on the opposite side of the I5. he was headed North.????? We were wondering WTF also,,,,, Smalls, was he towing the boat.... Sangster, JBG posted in the Bench Racing Forum that they saw him towing his boat on I 40.
There is so much to say, but I will wait until a reply from Mr. Lowater. A lack of response will make it clear as to how he feels about the people who gave to help him in a time of need.
There could a few good reasons why he was at Red Rock:
1. Someone paid his way to get him out of the house.
2. He came down to advertise his boat and Motorhome for sale to pay his medical bills.
3. Someone else borrowed his stuff.
4. A twin Steve Lowater was ported from a parralel universe where Steve did not have an accident.
5. The Bermuda triangle has moved to form at the corners of Blyth, Needles, and Barstow and it was all an illusion.
5b. It was like a desert illusion - only, instead of seeing water, these people saw Steve.
6. Someone who does not like Steve paid a stunt double to make Steve look bad.
7. Steve actually paid all his medical bills and was able to travel south, just after signing up for new medical insurance.
8. Steve has an extremely fuel efficient motorhome and boat that run on oxygen alone.
9. We are all just a-holes.

Sangster
09-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Holy Moly...That was good and I'm sure more can be said...It sure sounds like a sad deal..Let me tell ya'....I've lost/pissed away alot of money before...It never bothered me as much as loosing a friend... smile_sp smile_sp

FlatStupid
09-22-2003, 05:11 PM
HolyMoly:
Sangster:
smalls:
On are way down to Red Rock on Tuesday we saw him on the opposite side of the I5. he was headed North.????? We were wondering WTF also,,,,, Smalls, was he towing the boat.... Sangster, JBG posted in the Bench Racing Forum that they saw him towing his boat on I 40.
There is so much to say, but I will wait until a reply from Mr. Lowater. A lack of response will make it clear as to how he feels about the people who gave to help him in a time of need.
There could a few good reasons why he was at Red Rock:
1. Someone paid his way to get him out of the house.
2. He came down to advertise his boat and Motorhome for sale to pay his medical bills.
3. Someone else borrowed his stuff.
4. A twin Steve Lowater was ported from a parralel universe where Steve did not have an accident.
5. The Bermuda triangle has moved to form at the corners of Blyth, Needles, and Barstow and it was all an illusion.
5b. It was like a desert illusion - only, instead of seeing water, these people saw Steve.
6. Someone who does not like Steve paid a stunt double to make Steve look bad.
7. Steve actually paid all his medical bills and was able to travel south, just after signing up for new medical insurance.
8. Steve has an extremely fuel efficient motorhome and boat that run on oxygen alone.
9. We are all just a-holes. I'm certainly a 9 eek!

BGMAN203
09-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Never met lowwater before, but his boat and his wife were sure as hell there, he might of been there but I didn't see him or get introduced to him.

cal***boat
09-22-2003, 06:44 PM
As all of you have read from my post in the begining of this thread I feel very disappointed with the outcome on this matter.
God knows that I tried to do the right thing and help a friend in need when he needed it the most.
I spent every day on the phone with the hospital he was in up Eureka to find out anything I could about his condition but was never really told a thing because I was not a family member. The only story they kept telling me was that he was in critical condition and had no time frame on his release date.
I talked to Steve and told him about all the money we have collected from donations and auctions for him and he seemed real glad that people cared and also talked alot about getting back to work as soon as he could. The doctors told him it would take a long time to recover from his accident and get back to his old self.
I noticed that Steve has a hearing loss and a very short term memory at this time because one minute you are talking about something and the next you have to start all over again because he lost track of it.
At this point the money is still sitting in the bank account for Steve from the donations that were made by all of us.
I have to agree with what Holly Molly said and it does feel like I have a knife in my back, but I'am not one to pass judgement on Steve at this time.
When we first started this for Steve I made it a personal goal to get at least $5000 in donations but we never made it there and we were planning a get together at Camp Far West to give him the money.
I feel I was personaly let down by him by taking this unnessary trip to Red Rock and I can not blame anyone for being upset about this.
I have had alot of phone calls and PM's today about this and all I can say is I'am sorry for his actions and bad judgement

FlatStupid
09-22-2003, 06:52 PM
Cal ***boat I've gotta a check for 75 bucks comin in on the used MSD6AL that I auctioned on this forum. Its no thing, just let me know what you want me to do with the check. :confused:
[ September 22, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Flat Stupid ]

FlatStupid
09-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Damn it! Double post.
[ September 22, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Flat Stupid ]

cal***boat
09-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Flat Stupid:
Cal ***boat I've gotta a check for 75 bucks comin in on the used MSD6AL that I auctioned on this forum. Its no thing, just let me know what you want me to do with the check. :confused: Hang onto the check and check with MRS GOFAST here on the boards because she will be starting a bank account to help out Wayne & Jenna (dossangers) in there time of need.
I'am done with doing fundraisers for awhile because this deal has left me feeling let down and now I have the feeling that people here on the boards feel that I let them down also.

BigBoyToys
09-22-2003, 07:16 PM
cal***boat:
Flat Stupid:
Cal ***boat I've gotta a check for 75 bucks comin in on the used MSD6AL that I auctioned on this forum. Its no thing, just let me know what you want me to do with the check. :confused: Hang onto the check and check with MRS GOFAST here on the boards because she will be starting a bank account to help out Wayne & Jenna (dossangers) in there time of need.
I'am done with doing fundraisers for awhile because this deal has left me feeling let down and now I have the feeling that people here on the boards feel that I let them down also. Dave, personally, I don't believe that you let me down or anyone else on the boards for that matter. You were trying to do what was right and I admire you for it. It is not your fault that this thing went sour and had you known sooner, I know you good enough to know that you would have stopped it right then and there. Don't let this incident affect your big heart and willingness to help out others.
Jim

Sangster
09-22-2003, 07:25 PM
cal***boat:
Flat Stupid:
I'am done with doing fundraisers for awhile because this deal has left me feeling let down and now I have the feeling that people here on the boards feel that I let them down also. Not I ....Your a stand up guy..If anything should happen to Jeff or Myself, your the kind of person I would like looking after my interest....Dave don't let it get you down.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jrocket
09-22-2003, 07:27 PM
cal***boat:
I'am done with doing fundraisers for awhile because this deal has left me feeling let down and now I have the feeling that people here on the boards feel that I let them down also. I could see why your done with helping out a friend! I doubt that anybody on these boards feels like you let them down! Steve on the other hand...well?
I would bet that the people on this board would be happy to have a person like you around in a time of need.I know I would. :) You did what you thought was right,and it was.Just for the wrong person is all!

Mrs. GoFast
09-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Hi Dave,
Just a note to let everyone know that I am working on the account For Wayne & Jenna.(dossanger). However I am having trouble with the Bank, the first response was they wanted copies of the death cert. I told them to shove it.
I am staying home from work to talk to my personal banker tomorrow to see what I can do. If all else fails, I will just ask you to trust me and open a regular account, then transfer all the money collected over to Wayne. Due to no life jackets on some of the people, I don't know if insurance covers anything. We are still waiting to here from them, but I don't want to intrude on them at this time. As I find out the situation, I will make others aware of what is going on.
As for Steve, I did see him and Anna at Red Rock. I was told that his son payed for the trip, so that he could see all his friends, and maybe it would help his memory, the doctors told him no boating or drinking. However, there was a riff between him and the misses, he lost his temper, which I'm told he does frequently, and he packed up and went home, he said he didn't want to cause unpleasentness for everyone around. Thats about all I can tell you.

Sangster
09-22-2003, 08:10 PM
I know Wayne always posted that he had insurance with someone down L.A. way...He sent alot of busisness their way too...Hope they aren't gonna screw him on some kinda stipulation on this...I dont think you need to have a life vest on when being hit by a boat, they jest need to be in the boat..I'm not trying to be a smartass or disrepectful here but I don't know how else to say it....Maybe boatcop can shine some light on this....

Mrs. GoFast
09-22-2003, 08:22 PM
No offense taken, like I said, I don't know. When ever I find out any more info, I will let people know if I can. Might be a good idea to ask boat cop, who would know the law any better then him???

burbanite
09-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Hope it all works out for everyone.
There are many lessons to be learned in life, one of them is that if you help someone, do it without expecting a return.

superdave013
09-22-2003, 08:30 PM
BigBoyToys:
Dave, personally, I don't believe that you let me down or anyone else on the boards for that matter. You were trying to do what was right and I admire you for it. It is not your fault that this thing went sour and had you known sooner, I know you good enough to know that you would have stopped it right then and there. Don't let this incident affect your big heart and willingness to help out others.
Jim BBT, You could not have said it better.
Cal, You're the man if you ask me. Don't beat yourself up over this. Your intent was to help Steve pay some med bills and you can still do just that. Don't just give him the cash. Write a check out to the hospital and your deed is done.

Havasu Doug
09-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Mrs. GoFast:
Hi Dave,
Just a note to let everyone know that I am working on the account For Wayne & Jenna.(dossanger). However I am having trouble with the Bank, the first response was they wanted copies of the death cert. I told them to shove it.
I am staying home from work to talk to my personal banker tomorrow to see what I can do. If all else fails, I will just ask you to trust me and open a regular account, then transfer all the money collected over to Wayne. Due to no life jackets on some of the people, I don't know if insurance covers anything. We are still waiting to here from them, but I don't want to intrude on them at this time. As I find out the situation, I will make others aware of what is going on.
As for Steve, I did see him and Anna at Red Rock. I was told that his son payed for the trip, so that he could see all his friends, and maybe it would help his memory, the doctors told him no boating or drinking. However, there was a riff between him and the misses, he lost his temper, which I'm told he does frequently, and he packed up and went home, he said he didn't want to cause unpleasentness for everyone around. Thats about all I can tell you. Mrs. GoFast,
While many of the people on the HD Forums frequent this board, many do not. I'll do everything I can to keep them in the loop on what they can do to help.

Harper's
09-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Steve and Anna were at RedRock for 1 day. They brought the boat, but did not use it. I would say he is far from his "normal" self.

HM
09-22-2003, 09:48 PM
cal***boat:
Flat Stupid:
I'am done with doing fundraisers for awhile because this deal has left me feeling let down and now I have the feeling that people here on the boards feel that I let them down also. Dave, I too think you did not let any of us down - as you were so passionate at helping a friend out, and you were the reason I donated a small sum. I don't think you let us down...you made us want to help someone....and actually sounds like time is needed for more heeling.
If he is truly having memory problems, then there is not much that can be done until he heels.
Also, his son paying his way down, fell under my #1. reason for him to be at RedRock. If it was my dad, and I thought a trip to the river would help him out, I would send him as well. Is his son aware of the donations?

cal***boat
09-23-2003, 05:15 AM
HolyMoly:
cal***boat:
Flat Stupid:
I'am done with doing fundraisers for awhile because this deal has left me feeling let down and now I have the feeling that people here on the boards feel that I let them down also. Dave, I too think you did not let any of us down - as you were so passionate at helping a friend out, and you were the reason I donated a small sum. I don't think you let us down...you made us want to help someone....and actually sounds like time is needed for more heeling.
If he is truly having memory problems, then there is not much that can be done until he heels.
Also, his son paying his way down, fell under my #1. reason for him to be at RedRock. If it was my dad, and I thought a trip to the river would help him out, I would send him as well. Is his son aware of the donations? Everyone here is starting to make me feel better about myself because I really thought I let people down here.
Thank's for the support and kind words guys, It really helps. When I first came onto the boards here I saw a lot of good people and some assholes posting things and after time I found that 99 percent you are good and caring people. Even though I have not met most of you personaly I feel you are all friends.
I'am a shy kind of person and for being that it makes it hard for me to meet new friends. My only interest is hot boats and now that I don't have my boat anymore I live a sheltered life in front of this computer. I would love meet every single one of you and have some good times together.
Steves family and his son know all about the donations that I have gotten together for them.
I feel now the best way is to make the check payable to the hospital Steve was in and send it to them.
What do you all think about that idea ?
Thanks everyone, Dave

BigBoyToys
09-23-2003, 06:19 AM
No boat Dave? Wanna buy one? J/K.
I have met you in person and do know you, and believe me, I am straight forward enough to let folks know how I feel and I wouldn't have posted what I did if I didn't mean it. Thanks again for all your effort Dave.

superdave013
09-23-2003, 06:52 AM
cal***boat:
I feel now the best way is to make the check payable to the hospital Steve was in and send it to them.
What do you all think about that idea ?
Thanks everyone, Dave I think that's a great idea.

haulina29
09-23-2003, 06:57 AM
You mean to tell me because you raise a few bucks on your own for somebody who has had an accident he cant go to the river ? give me a break ! Sounds like maybe the guy raising the money didnt have all his facts straight . If he hasnt got the cash yet take all the guys out for dinner and drinks who donated for christ sakes grow up :rolleyes:

smalls
09-23-2003, 07:15 AM
haulina29:
You mean to tell me because you raise a few bucks on your own for somebody who has had an accident he cant go to the river ? give me a break ! Sounds like maybe the guy raising the money didnt have all his facts straight . If he hasnt got the cash yet take all the guys out for dinner and drinks who donated for christ sakes grow up :rolleyes: HEY NOW! Take it easy Champ. The guy is just trying to do "THE RIGHT THING" with the money donated when he was right thing in the first place.

Jetboatguru
09-23-2003, 07:56 AM
Dave,
You did a great job of helping your good friend. Your selfless act to raise money was more than most people would have done. My post in the bench racers section was not a reflection on you in a negative way. In fact, it was just the opposite.
The problem here is this: Steve may have had a river trip paid by his son which is great. He may have had the whole enchilada covered. As far as the forum members knew he was laid up in bed, out of work and struggling to make ends meet while you and others were circling up money for him. Couple that with the fact that nobody has heard a peep out of him or his family or any friends.
Your efforts are applauded by all. (even though that is not what you are looking for)
Tony
[ September 23, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Jetboatguru ]

Sangster
09-23-2003, 08:03 AM
haulina29:
You mean to tell me because you raise a few bucks on your own for somebody who has had an accident he cant go to the river ? give me a break ! Sounds like maybe the guy raising the money didnt have all his facts straight . If he hasnt got the cash yet take all the guys out for dinner and drinks who donated for christ sakes grow up :rolleyes: Haulina29...I think the issue at hand here is the fact that a 10+ hour, oneway trip(let alone all the preperation to go) can be made and there's no time to acknowledge what Friends & people you don't even know are doing to help you out...Very Lame in my book..AGAIN, No one is looking for a pat on the back here or turn this into something its not...It's jest, How long should a charity deal go..Steve's medical bills will be hangin' over him for a long time...They are his responsibility..No one is saying he should stay home (except his Doctors)..I agree whole heartedly that getting out is a good thing...I know, I have spent afew months in a hospital bed myself and still suffer from related paralysis..I feel for Steve...And maybe jest an update on his condition or a friendly word from a family member would have be the right thing to do prior to this trip..As Cal***boat said the funds are still there and I'm sure Dave will see they will go where they were intended... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
[ September 23, 2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

cal***boat
09-23-2003, 08:15 AM
haulina29:
You mean to tell me because you raise a few bucks on your own for somebody who has had an accident he cant go to the river ? give me a break ! Sounds like maybe the guy raising the money didnt have all his facts straight . If he hasnt got the cash yet take all the guys out for dinner and drinks who donated for christ sakes grow up :rolleyes: (Sounds like maybe the guy raising the money didnt have all his facts straight)
YOU SEE, THE ABOVE IS WHAT I'AM TALKING ABOUT

smalls
09-23-2003, 08:26 AM
cal***boat:
haulina29:
You mean to tell me because you raise a few bucks on your own for somebody who has had an accident he cant go to the river ? give me a break ! Sounds like maybe the guy raising the money didnt have all his facts straight . If he hasnt got the cash yet take all the guys out for dinner and drinks who donated for christ sakes grow up :rolleyes: (Sounds like maybe the guy raising the money didnt have all his facts straight)
YOU SEE, THE ABOVE IS WHAT I'AM TALKING ABOUT Just consider the source! You Know that Opinions are like A-holes, Every one has one and alot of um stink,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wink

Jetboatguru
09-23-2003, 08:41 AM
smalls
Just consider the source! You Know that Opinions are like A-holes, Every one has one and trust me, I have smelled all of them, alot of um stink,,,,,,,,,,,,, wink [/QB]Wow!!!!! Smalls, that is not something I would be posting. Jeeeeezz
[ September 23, 2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Jetboatguru ]

BigBoyToys
09-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Jetboatguru:
Dave,
You did a great job of helping your good friend. Your selfless act to raise money was more than most people would have done. My post in the bench racers section was not a reflection on you in a negative way. In fact, it was just the opposite.
The problem here is this: Steve may have had a river trip paid by his son which is great. He may have had the whole enchilada covered. As far as the forum members knew he was laid up in bed, out of work and struggling to make ends meet while you and others were circling up money for him. Couple that with the fact that nobody has heard a peep out of him or his family or any friends.
Your efforts are applauded by all. (even though that is not what you are looking for)
Tony Well said Tony! :)

smalls
09-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Jetboatguru:
smalls
Just consider the source! You Know that Opinions are like A-holes, Every one has one and trust me, I have smelled all of them, alot of um stink,,,,,,,,,,,,, wink Wow!!!!! Smalls, that is not something I would be posting. Jeeeeezz [/QB]Dang did I say that? HMHHHmmmmmmmm

Monkey Bung
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Jay, I didnt know you could bend over that far and smell your OWN asshole???????That must mean you can lick your balls too. :D :D :D

Sangster
09-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Monkey Bung:
Jay, I didnt know you could bend over that far and smell your OWN asshole???????That must mean you can lick your balls too. :D :D :D He's his own best friend.... smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp

Sangerboy
09-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Sangster:
Monkey Bung:
Jay, I didnt know you could bend over that far and smell your OWN asshole???????That must mean you can lick your balls too. :D :D :D He's his own best friend.... smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp Hmmm..... that triggered an old memory bank, an old limerick..... I think it had something to do with some dude from Nantucket.....

Sangster
09-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Greg..Whats going on...You and Eraser gonna' be up for Father Day....Let me know..It's been a long, hard week for sure..Hope all is well with your family.... :)

Sangerboy
09-26-2003, 05:24 AM
Hey Mike, everyone is doing well. Of course we'll be there for Father's day, I hope to see you and Jeff at Needles in April. You'll actually see me at PCR with the pink boat next weekend, I'm not sure if my brother will make it due to his work schedule (and a new girlfriend) Stephanie has her Camaro up at school now so I'll have her bring it by sometime next weekend and you can check it out. See you soon Greg

Kindsvater Flat
09-26-2003, 04:17 PM
I was just thinking, ya I know, but I believe everyone can qualify for emergency medi-cal regardless of there income. Just a thought but its something I would take a look into if I was on the down and out.