PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake V-drive Regatta

dave n
03-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Irvine Lake's V-Drive Regatta will be held on June 16 & 17, 2007. This year we are combining our Regatta with the Boat Racers' Reunion. The hours will be Saturday from 7:00 a.m. until dusk, and Sunday 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Camping will be available. We are limiting the event to the first 50 boats registered. Call Corinne at (714) 649-9113 for a registration packet.

BUSBY
03-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Okay, I'll be the one to ask ... are you going to allow jet boats attend? if not, why post in the just jets forum.
I'm just playing devil's advocate here ... I just know that the question is going to be asked.
Brian

lilrick
03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
ditto

Oldsquirt
03-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, that's also an NJBA race weekend.

dave n
03-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes it is a V drive event, I posted here and in sandbar because we are also hosting the Boat Racers reunion on Saturday. They plan on bringing some classic old raceboats to the event which I feel everyone well enjoy. I believe that the NJBA race is the weekend before.

dmontzsta
03-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I know alot of jet boaters like to attend, even though they cannot put their boats in the water. I have never my old boat in the water there and know of other V-Drive guys who never have, but we still go to watch and hang out. It is definitely good times for all, jet boats or V-Drives, after all we all like to watch fast boats right? :)

Schiada Time
03-21-2007, 06:51 AM
I have wanted to go to this for a long time. I may even tow my boat home from Mead to attend.

Mrs.Racer277
03-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Dang same weekend as the NJBA at Ming.....That Sucks :(

BUSBY
03-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Yes it is a V drive event, I posted here and in sandbar because we are also hosting the Boat Racers reunion on Saturday. They plan on bringing some classic old raceboats to the event which I feel everyone well enjoy. I believe that the NJBA race is the weekend before.
I just had to ask, as I get phone calls asking why we can't hold an NJBA event there ...
unless???
How about it Dave? We have rescue and our own insurance. We (NJBA) would love to rent the lake from you.
And unfortunately ... the regatta is on the same weekend as the race w/ NJBA in June.

Goad
03-21-2007, 01:31 PM
How about it Dave? We have rescue and our own insurance. We (NJBA) would love to rent the lake from you.
I cannot express how much I would like to see this happen.

lilrick
03-21-2007, 04:20 PM
too bad there aren't more events being held there...Maybe they make a killing on bait!!:D

cyclone
03-21-2007, 07:51 PM
given the choice between going to the river and driving my jet boat or paying to watch a bunch of vdrivers enjoy their boats at irvine lake...well you know where i'd be. This whole excluding the jet boats BS is lame Dave. what do we have to do to allow jet boats on the lake with the vdrivers?

Goad
06-02-2007, 09:44 AM
bump....
anyone goin to this? few guys from my site are goin to hang out and watch some passes.

Ralph Brunt
06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I just had to ask, as I get phone calls asking why we can't hold an NJBA event there ...
unless???
And unfortunately ... the regatta is on the same weekend as the race w/ NJBA in June.
this would turn my circle boat into a drag boat real fast

SCR INC
06-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Okay, I'll be the one to ask ... are you going to allow jet boats attend? if not, why post in the just jets forum.
I'm just playing devil's advocate here ... I just know that the question is going to be asked.
Brian
Pls check your pms.... thanks

Marty Gras
06-03-2007, 08:11 PM
given the choice between going to the river and driving my jet boat or paying to watch a bunch of vdrivers enjoy their boats at irvine lake...well you know where i'd be. This whole excluding the jet boats BS is lame Dave. what do we have to do to allow jet boats on the lake with the vdrivers?
"what do we have to do to allow jet boats on the lake with the vdrivers?" Slow the vdrivers down about 50%! That way all of the boats would be going about the same speeds! Isn't this thing called a "v drive regatta"? not an "any boat regatta". do the "jet guys" invite the V-drive guys to their events? "Let's make the girl scouts and the boy scouts into the "people scouts", would that make you happy? Go to the river and leave the V-drivers alone!

Goad
06-03-2007, 10:20 PM
"what do we have to do to allow jet boats on the lake with the vdrivers?" Slow the vdrivers down about 50%! That way all of the boats would be going about the same speeds! Isn't this thing called a "v drive regatta"? not an "any boat regatta". do the "jet guys" invite the V-drive guys to their events? "Let's make the girl scouts and the boy scouts into the "people scouts", would that make you happy? Go to the river and leave the V-drivers alone!
why so much racism? cant we all get along?! :D honestly, i have never understood why the segregation between them since we all have the same passion. Yes, I know this is comming from a guy who runs a jet only website. I do have v-drive and outboard owners frequenting the site as well.
anyways....actually, its called the "v-drive regatta and the boat racers reunion"
to me, the 2nd part just opens the door to all types of boats, but tho i dont know anyone who is bringing anything other then a v-drive. :D
sorry for the drunken ramble, I am off to bed.

LuckyDaze
06-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Fack man, ain't we out for the same thing? Checking out hot boats, doing hot laps, and looking at the paisties? This sort of segregation is dumb. Its almost as dumb as the "separate but equal" clause. Why post in the jetboat forum and exclude us? Thats GHEY!
~Brian