PDA

View Full Version : GM might want you in a commercial

PHOTOGLOU
03-20-2007, 09:16 AM
I have the phone number for this campaign... Please contact me if you think you are a possibility.. Jay 714 552 0300
We are planning an ad campaign ad to showcase people who traded out one of our competitors to buy a GM. We need the regions help to identify customers that we can showcase in the ad. Attached please find the chart of the GM vehicles and their trade-in conquests for our upcoming Testimonials Campaign on the West Coast (near Deutsche to cut costs).
This Testimonials campaign will showcase real individuals who have traded in these conquest vehicles for a GM and will include a TV spot as well as radio commercial to run in Texas, Florida and California (the more skeptical states). We are creating an authentic and unique “switchers” campaign that will communicate that GM offers quality products parallel to highly regarded competitor products. We want to make sure we are highlighting stories that impact and resonate within this audience.
Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions. Thank you for your help!
Matthew Scarlett
GM Brand Marketing
Trade In Conquest Vehicles by Division
CHEVROLET GMC PONTIAC BUICK CADILLAC SATURN
Crossover SUV EQUINOX ACADIA SRX OUTLOOK
Honda CR-V Acura MDX Acura MDX Honda Pilot
Nissan Murano BMW X5 BMW X5 Mazda CX-9
Toyota Highlander Honda Pilot Infiniti FX Lexus RX330
Toyota Rav4 Infiniti FX Land Rover R3 Nissan Pathfinder
Land Rover R3 Lexus GX/RX/LX Nissan Murano
Lexus GX/RX MB M-Class Toyota Highlander
MB M-Class Volvo XC90 Toyota 4Runner
Toyota Highlander
High Volume Car COBALT G6 LUCERNE CTS AURA
Honda Civic Honda Accord Toyota Avalon Acura TL Honda Accord
Toyota Corolla Toyota Camry Nissan Maxima Audi A4 Toyota Camry
Nissan Sentra Honda Civic Lexus ES MB C Class Nissan Altima
Mazda 3 Mazda 6 Acura RL Audi A6 Mazda 6
BMW 3 Series Infiniti G BMW 5 Series BMW 3 Series
Acura TSX Infiniti M BMW 3 Series
Audi A4 Audi A4 MB E Class
Nissan Altima MB E Class Infiniti G
Toyota Corolla MB C Class Infiniti M
Volvo S60 Lexus GS
Lexus ES

HALLETT BOY
03-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I've been a GM fan all my life, but just for kicks I test drove the new Toyota
Tundra this weekend...all I can say is GM watch out ! With a six - speed trans and all that horsepower and torque, the truck hauled "A"

PHOTOGLOU
03-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I've been a GM fan all my life, but just for kicks I test drove the new Toyota
Tundra this weekend...all I can say is GM watch out ! With a six - speed trans and all that horsepower and torque, the truck hauled "A"
I agree... But for a 1500... IT WON'T compare to Ford Dodge or GM in the 2500 class.... Toyota has a warning in their manual..... If towing more than 8500 LBS in 85 degrees or higher temp. enigne might over heat..... Even though it is rated to tow in excess of 10500 LBS

LLGirl
03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Great arguement!?!? The 1/2 ton totyota won't compare to the 3/4 ton chevy. Can't compare 1/2 to 3/4 tons accurately. But compare the 1/2 ton toyota to the 1/2 ton chevy and the Toyota is head and shoulders above across the board (for the record, we own a 1/2 ton crew cab chevy). Compare apples to apples when toyota comes out with a 3/4 ton.

Schiada Time
03-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Jay-I've always had Chevy's but I am the Editor of StreetTrucks Magazine. My testimonial of the great experiences I have had with Chevy's may hold some clout.

vee-driven
03-20-2007, 05:52 PM
never owned anything but a chevy, but i can tell you how bad my friends fords suck. lol

XtrmWakeborder
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
The toyota tundra also looks like an ass with a fat tumor attached...Thing makes me want to throw up when I look at it. As for the power and tranny, all the reviews sound pretty good, but when I think of a 1500 platform I think of a daily driver and occasional towing vehicle that gets decent milage. How good is the milage on that Toyota? If I wanted a work truck with 400/400 i'd get a 2500 or 3500 platform. my .02

Outnumbered
03-20-2007, 08:50 PM
...Toyota has a warning in their manual..... If towing more than 8500 LBS in 85 degrees or higher temp. enigne might over heat..... Even though it is rated to tow in excess of 10500 LBS
Now that is some dirt...where did you find this? If this is true, I bet it will be all over the net soon:D

Outnumbered
03-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Great arguement!?!? The 1/2 ton totyota won't compare to the 3/4 ton chevy. Can't compare 1/2 to 3/4 tons accurately. But compare the 1/2 ton toyota to the 1/2 ton chevy and the Toyota is head and shoulders above across the board (for the record, we own a 1/2 ton crew cab chevy). Compare apples to apples when toyota comes out with a 3/4 ton.
Ya, but it is just a badge. They built it like a 2500 and put a 1500 badge on it...big breaks...big ass motor...etc. Since they don't have a 2500 out I will have to say that their truck HAS to be compared to others in the 1500 and 2500 class since the Toyota is kind of in between. Maybe it should be a 1500HD:D GM tried this badging trick before.

LLGirl
03-21-2007, 05:26 AM
This is photoglo's place, so I'll leave this alone. Very happy with our 1/2 ton chevy. Just think toyota is way ahead with technology on their new truck. The big three will follow suit or lose a portion of the market.

Outnumbered
03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
This is photoglo's place, so I'll leave this alone. Very happy with our 1/2 ton chevy. Just think toyota is way ahead with technology on their new truck. The big three will follow suit or lose a portion of the market.
Well, he started the brand comparison topic so I guess it is fair game:D I own a 2004 Toyota Camry and I can tell you that Toyota quality is not what it used to be. It is my 4th or 5th Toyota, most were 80s and 90s trucks, and the Camry has left me disappointed. My 2004 Dodge has less rattles and clunks. The Toyota does have a good strong drive-train though.

PHOTOGLOU
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I have no problem with the truth.... Toyota IS going after this market HARD... I think it is great.... I think there advertising is MUCH better thaan GM's right now.... GM knows this too (In my opinion) but GM is cautious to have there vehicles DO EXACTLY what they claim I am concerned Toyota is going after the 2500 market with a 1500 and people will buy it with the hopes that IT WILL TOW 10,500+ LBS to and from the river in heat and earn a rep like GM HAD WITH POOR Quality years ago.... Cudos to Toyota the 1500 they have on the market Seems to be the BEST out there right now (1500's to ME should be rated to tow up to 8500 LBS) I am anxious to drive one and pull a boat with it.... Please someone with one post comments. I will offer a Chevy 6.0L with max tow pkg 4.10 gears and Locking diff so we at ***boat can do our own comparison... I think with the 6 Speed in the toyota it will win a 0-60 non towing and a 0-55 non towing but I would like to be there to see it... Any Toyota dealers up for this? any private owners? I will also find a boat to tow for the comparison.... BUT watch out GM is poised to put a 6 speed in their 1500 soon too.... Is one of the truck or BOATING MAGS willing to post these results? AGAIN I think the 6 speed in the Toyota is going to out pull, BUT I am more about the truth on all levels than selling a truck.... PLEASE FEEL FREE to post the truth in this tread. Positive feedback for any MFG.. No truck will out do any truck in EVERY situation IE price, brakeing, MPG, Resale so every truck has its strong points BUT here at ***boat one of the most important this is towing reliably in the heat and this will be one of the tests I would like too...

PHOTOGLOU
03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I found this in a google search and I feel the same way SORRY TOYOTA IS NAMED in it and I feel the same way about our 1500, fords and dodges too....
These are not my words...
They can all claim whatever they want, I wouldn't tow 10,000+ lbs with a half ton truck of any brand. I tow my Contender 25 Open with a 2500HD Duramax. I guesstimate the boat and trailer as I tow it (full fuel, all gear, ice etc.) weighs in about 8500-9500lbs. I towed it once (short distance)with a 99 Z71 extended cab... will NEVER do that again! That was over 2 years ago and my anus is still clinched up!
I see all these folks excited about the Tundra towing capacities here. Tow 10,500lbs with a truck whose max GVWR is 7200#? Not me. I've had my truck on a scale and it's 7200# with 2 people, my toolbox and 1/2 tank of fuel (9200# max GVWR) and while it tows my boat just fine, I couldn't imagine towing with a lighter vehicle. What if your trailer brakes fail? No, brakes that are regularly dunked into saltwater would never fail!
I would also worry about getting my 10,000# boat out of the launch with a gasoline engine that develops almost no torque at low RPM. By the time you develop enough torque to move 10,000# up a wet ramp, your wheels are spinning 40mph!
Maybe someone can tell me, because I can't seem to find the info anywhere else. Is the Tundra available with a locking rear differential? I know Chevy is and probably Ford, but can't find info on Tundra.
As far as 1/2 ton P/U's replacing 3/4 & 1 tons, they can put heavier springs and frames on these trucks, but how much load can those 1/2 ton , 5 lug, axles really take? How about 32 psi tires as compared to the 80 psi, E rated tires on heavier trucks?
I think I'll stick to heavier trucks for towing heavy loads.

Cole Trickle
03-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I have no problem with the truth.... Toyota IS going after this market HARD... I think it is great.... I think there advertising is MUCH better thaan GM's right now.... GM knows this too (In my opinion) but GM is cautious to have there vehicles DO EXACTLY what they claim I am concerned Toyota is going after the 2500 market with a 1500 and people will buy it with the hopes that IT WILL TOW 10,500+ LBS to and from the river in heat and earn a rep like GM HAD WITH POOR Quality years ago.... Cudos to Toyota the 1500 they have on the market Seems to be the BEST out there right now (1500's to ME should be rated to tow up to 8500 LBS) I am anxious to drive one and pull a boat with it.... Please someone with one post comments. I will offer a Chevy 6.0L with max tow pkg 4.10 gears and Locking diff so we at ***boat can do our own comparison... I think with the 6 Speed in the toyota it will win a 0-60 non towing and a 0-55 non towing but I would like to be there to see it... Any Toyota dealers up for this? any private owners? I will also find a boat to tow for the comparison.... BUT watch out GM is poised to put a 6 speed in their 1500 soon too.... Is one of the truck or BOATING MAGS willing to post these results? AGAIN I think the 6 speed in the Toyota is going to out pull, BUT I am more about the truth on all levels than selling a truck.... PLEASE FEEL FREE to post the truth in this tread. Positive feedback for any MFG.. No truck will out do any truck in EVERY situation IE price, brakeing, MPG, Resale so every truck has its strong points BUT here at ***boat one of the most important this is towing reliably in the heat and this will be one of the tests I would like too...
The new Tundras are dynoing 30hp 40tq to the ground more than the vortec max. With the 6speed tranny and big gear ratio they are without a doubt king of the 1/2 ton truck market.
I haven't driven one yet and I love the max package in the 1/2 ton silverados/sierras but those numbers are hard to argue.
They are way to much $$ for a half ton truck

Riverat84
04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
my buddy works for cabe toyota in long beach and i test drove the new tundra 381 hp 5.7 and ill have to say i was thouroughly UNIMPRESSED... i dont feel 381 hp in that thing..sluggish and heavy feeling compared to my hemi quad cab ram that weighs in just more than the new tundra....just my .02
Reid