PDA

View Full Version : roadrunner

LAFD
03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
just heard that the roadrunner is doing some construction new bar expanding upstairs doin some more stage work new bathrooms some pool tables dart boards etc. some good news.

blackcloud75
03-20-2007, 10:53 AM
just heard that the roadrunner is doing some construction new bar expanding upstairs doin some more stage work new bathrooms some pool tables dart boards etc. some good news.
Only bar they have open is the one on the dock, upstairs is tore up and they demolished the one by the stage.:mad:

AZKC
03-20-2007, 11:24 AM
They were just talking about their remodel on their MySpace page. Sounds like it'll be nice when done. But a mess right now;)

LAFD
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Only bar they have open is the one on the dock, upstairs is tore up and they demolished the one by the stage.:mad:
yeah they are supposed to be expanding upstairs and redoing a bunch of stuff outside.

Throttle
03-20-2007, 11:26 AM
sounds good!:D
i might just have to stumble back down there...

Mrs.Racer277
03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Aren't they the people that won the lottery???

OCMerrill
03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Aren't they the people that won the lottery???
Correct.
They had money already but for whatever reason kept from putting any into the place until now. So the extra money is going into the hood I guess. Its all good.

Throttle
03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Correct.
They had money already but for whatever reason kept from putting any into the place until now. So the extra money is going into the hood I guess. Its all good.
allready had $$$ and then win the lottery...:idea: nuff said!

Riverguy92345
03-20-2007, 04:09 PM
they took out the boat ramp and made the beach bigger. Also changing the stage where the wet T contest is held. Not that i have ever been.

OCMerrill
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
allready had $$$ and then win the lottery...:idea: nuff said!
Yep - With some folks even their bad luck is worth $$.
The story goes the orig owners sold it, the buyer ran it for years and just could not pay his monthly payment. The current owners took it back.
Roadrunner works because they have a beach to park on when the dock is full and LaPaz Park is next door so basically a big drag on beach available to them.
Sundance died for many reasons but one big one was where to put the boat.

ClownRoyal
03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Good deal. I like that place. Plus it has the best chicken sandwhich on the strip.;)

AZKC
03-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Quote from MySpace
SOON I WILL BE POSTING SOME PIX OF THE NEW CONSTRUCTION,
CLUB ROADRUNNER IS LARGER, WITH NEW RESTROOMS, AND WILL HAVE 2 POOL TABLES, DARTS, NEW BAR, BIGGER DANCE FLOOR, AND DOWNSTAIRS WILL HAVE NEW RESTROOMS ALSO, NEW FOOD AREA AND???? CAN'T WAIT TIL SUMMER

don johnson
03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
The story goes the orig owners sold it, the buyer ran it for years and just could not pay his monthly payment. The current owners took it back.
Roadrunner works because they have a beach to park on when the dock is full and LaPaz Park is next door so basically a big drag on beach available to them.
Spent many a day/ night there when we had a home in Parker....
I understand the story actually goes... Father turns business over to son, Tony. Scum bag son, Tony, does not pay taxes for 2-3 years and embezzles all the cash and leaves the business high and dry never to be seen since. Dad, Don, takes the business back over and is having a hard time making the numbers work due to the back taxes and hits the lottery which makes all his financial problems go away.
Scum bag Tony also left his wife, Courtney, high and dry. However, he managed to ditch town with a new custom Diesel Pusher, a 30 foot Hallet with twin SC motors and 2 custom Harleys.....

Waldo
03-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I understand the story actually goes... Father turns business over to son, Tony. Scum bag son, Tony, does not pay taxes for 2-3 years and embezzles all the cash and leaves the business high and dry never to be seen since. Dad, Don, takes the business back over and is having a hard time making the numbers work due to the back taxes and hits the lottery which makes all his financial problems go away.
Scum bag Tony also left his wife, Courtney, high and dry. However, he managed to ditch town with a new custom Diesel Pusher, a 30 foot Hallet with twin SC motors and 2 custom Harleys.....
What's up Ponus?

Mrs.Racer277
03-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Very interesting story.......Might just have to check into all this.......I am friends with sister in law.

Waldo
03-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Very interesting story.......Might just have to check into all this.......I am friends with sister in law.
Don's a pretty good source, as he & his better half spent many a day/night/$ there...talk about a good drama source.:D

Mrs.Racer277
03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Don's a pretty good source, as he & his better half spent many a day/night/$ there...talk about a good drama source.:D
Not doubting at all....Just confused. My friends sister is married to the son but her name in not Courtney??? See why I am confused. I knew they were having money issues. They have been for some time.

MAF
03-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I will be there in a couple of weeks. Try to post some pics.

mobldj
03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
we stayed at echo 5 times last summer,roadrunner has the best french toast,my wife put an end to going there when she saw a HUGE cocaroacha crawling behind the counter.freaked her out,i do miss the sundance tho,actually won the macho man contest once(proves even a fat ass has talent).sister in law won the wet t shirt once to.nothin like the announcement over the house pa someones boat is sunk on the dock......good times

Firecracker
03-20-2007, 09:10 PM
La Paz is a very nice place to stay also. We were staying there a few years ago, it's cheap, and easy to get to the bar. You don't have to worry about getting home. Oh and the shrimp dinner at Roadruner is the best!

OCMerrill
03-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I guess I was told the politically correct version. Tony's parents must be real proud....think not.
At any rate...the Roadrunner is an Icon. Glad its being renovated. Was badly needed. I do remember the owners refused to put money in it because it would not turn a profit. I can see how the lottery could fix that.

OCMerrill
03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
La Paz is a very nice place to stay also. We were staying there a few years ago, it's cheap, and easy to get to the bar. You don't have to worry about getting home. Oh and the shrimp dinner at Roadruner is the best!
I have often thought about throwing the Motor Home into LaPaz park but it's 24/7 Generator hell. Good Beach and a great river location just no hook-ups.
I am a fan of the 6 Prime Rib tacos for $5.:D
The breakfast Burro is pretty good also.
I have never seen a wet t-shirt contest there but if I had I am sure it was ...I mean would have been great.:D :D

Firecracker
03-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I have often thought about throwing the Motor Home into LaPaz park but it's 24/7 Generator hell. Good Beach and a great river location just no hook-ups.
I am a fan of the 6 Prime Rib tacos for $5.:D
The breakfast Burro is pretty good also.
I have never seen a wet t-shirt contest there but if I had I am sure it was ...I mean would have been great.:D :D
Actually they do have hook ups.... They are not right on the water, but they are still conveniently located very close to the wall for Roadrunner :D We used to go in my friend 5th wheen toy hauler, and they would plug that thing in, and set the air to 68*... Needless to say the dog was a pupsicle! The showers there are really clean too...