PDA

View Full Version : Fockin' UPS!!!!

Jordy
03-20-2007, 12:57 PM
So I'm expecting a new monitor from Dell and get some automated message that it's supposed to be delivered today between 8 AM and 7 PM and someone has to be present to sign for it. Great, like I'm going to be around my house all day to sign for it.
So around 11:00 my phone rings and it's this UPS driver telling me he's there to deliver some computer something and am I around. Tell him I'm at my office and will be for another hour or so. He says, "Cool. Did my number pop up on your phone?" I tell him it did. This is the part that really gets me... He said to give him a call when I get up here and he'll meet me somewhere to get my stuff to me. Imagine that!!!! :D :D :D
Last time I had something from Fed Ex, they left a door hanger with a note that it could be picked up at their depot after 7:00 PM. The only problem is, their depot closes at 6:30, which I found out after I drove down there.
Figured I'd put up a good UPS story for a change. :D

gmocnik
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
ups on my s list this week also...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144349
still waiting.........

Rod-64
03-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm waiting for a Nascar die-cast display case that started out in Illinois, was in Phoenix on Friday, and is now in Indiana. WTF?? This thing is going more miles than 3 or 4 races. Thanks UPS.:D

Jordy
03-20-2007, 01:40 PM
So now I've got my new monitor all hooked up. 24" widescreen is nice!!! :D :D :D
Going to take some getting used to though. I might even be able to read Former Raiderette AKA Mrs. Eliminated Sprinter's posts without having to use the bottom scroll bar. :jawdrop: :D :D :D

Big Warlock
03-20-2007, 01:41 PM
So I'm expecting a new monitor from Dell and get some automated message that it's supposed to be delivered today between 8 AM and 7 PM and someone has to be present to sign for it. Great, like I'm going to be around my house all day to sign for it.
So around 11:00 my phone rings and it's this UPS driver telling me he's there to deliver some computer something and am I around. Tell him I'm at my office and will be for another hour or so. He says, "Cool. Did my number pop up on your phone?" I tell him it did. This is the part that really gets me... He said to give him a call when I get up here and he'll meet me somewhere to get my stuff to me. Imagine that!!!! :D :D :D
Last time I had something from Fed Ex, they left a door hanger with a note that it could be picked up at their depot after 7:00 PM. The only problem is, their depot closes at 6:30, which I found out after I drove down there.
You bitch about everything!!!!! :D

Jordy
03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
You bitch about everything!!!!! :D
Apparently I must have laid on the sarcasm just a little bit too thick if even you missed it!!! :D :D :D
UPS did a great job today and I got my new stuff rather than coming home to a door tag and having to wait until tomorrow or run down to the depot to get it. :D :D :D

HM
03-20-2007, 02:02 PM
If you had ordered bullitz, it would have gone down much differently. :D

Tom Brown
03-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Jordy, stop hating.

Jordy
03-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Jordy, stop hating.
Actually, I was reverse hating!!! :D :D :D

BarryMac
03-20-2007, 02:15 PM
RD Sux...
Nice job Jordy, I knew you had a softer side... :D :D

Tom Brown
03-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I prefer the forward variety but hey, it's up to you.

Jordy
Nice job Jordy, I knew you had a softer side... :D :D
SHHHH!!!! Don't say that so loud. Dammit, I have a reputation to uphold around here!!!! :D :D :D

voodoomedman
Nice props Jordy. Thanks.
As for the others then PM the tracking # and I will see what I can do to help. Sometimes my hands are tied and others I can make things happen. At least I will give you detailed info on what's going on rather than runaround. Of course, it's easier to just bash us on the internet.

HM
03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
As for the others then PM the tracking # and I will see what I can do to help. Sometimes my hands are tied and others I can make things happen. At least I will give you detailed info on what's going on rather than runaround. Of course, it's easier to just bash us on the internet.
Very true. I had an issue with a package around christmas and was getting the run around. I pm'd voodoomedman and he checked out what was going on and gave me the straight scoop. I still didn't get my package for a month as it was the shipper who fukked things up, but he wasn't able to blame it on UPS.

Jordy
03-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Figure UPS gets beat up on quite a bit around here and this guy went over and above to make sure I got my stuff today. Never had a problem with UPS. ;) :D
I did have to put a catchy title on it though, just to keep things lively!!! :D :D :D

voodoomedman
03-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Figure UPS gets beat up on quite a bit around here and this guy went over and above to make sure I got my stuff today. Never had a problem with UPS. ;) :D
Yes of course there are exceptions but as a whole we have the best drivers in the industry bar none. Without guys like that we wouldn't be on the top.
I did have to put a catchy title on it though, just to keep things lively!!! :D :D :D
True. If you didn't title it like that not very many people would read it in this place.

BarryMac
03-20-2007, 02:37 PM
SHHHH!!!! Don't say that so loud. Dammit, I have a reputation to uphold around here!!!! :D :D :D
I bet you like fruity drinks with one of those faggity umbrellas in it... :D :D You fockin Metrosexual... Did you ever tell my friend that I said hi?

voodoomedman
03-20-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26926&d=1174430226

Biglue
03-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Since you're defending and commending the underdogs today, why don't you say a little something about Kachinas. :D

Jordy
03-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Did you ever tell my friend that I said hi?
Which friend would that be? The one from Cali that has been in Phoenix quite a bit??? :D
Since you're defending and commending the underdogs today, why don't you say a little something about Kachinas. :D
Now you're pushing it harder than a 1950's era walk behind reel mower!!! :D :D :D

BarryMac
03-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Which friend would that be? The one from Cali that has been in Phoenix quite a bit??? :D
That would be the one, no calls, no letters, no nada, the pain is almost unbearable anymore... :D :D

Biglue
03-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Now you're pushing it harder than a 1950's era walk behind reel mower!!! :D :D :D
I knew you didn't have it in ya. :jawdrop: :)

Jordy
03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I knew you didn't have it in ya. :jawdrop: :)
Babysteps focker!!!! :D :D :D

ChumpChange
03-20-2007, 03:11 PM
I might even be able to read Former Raiderette AKA Mrs. Eliminated Sprinter's posts without having to use the bottom scroll bar. :jawdrop: :D :D :D
I didn't think they made monitors that big. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

wsuwrhr
03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Got my box from J&L today.
Just like I did Monday and last Wednesday. Right on time.
Brian

Jordy
03-20-2007, 03:16 PM
I didn't think they made monitors that big. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I did say might!!!! :D :D :D
It is a wide screen though so there could be a chance!!! :D :D :D