PDA

View Full Version : Chillie Charlies

Intruder
03-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Anyone ever hangout a Chillie Charlies. We were there Sat and had a good time. It's kind of hidden away but the girls from the distributors of Cabo Wabo found it and the party was on!!!

Cole Trickle
03-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Anyone ever hangout a Chillie Charlies. We were there Sat and had a good time. It's kind of hidden away but the girls from the distributors of Cabo Wabo found it and the party was on!!!
Cool place with good food/drinks/prices.
One thing I have learned is that there $1.00 margaritas are worth about 50 cents;):jawdrop: :D

phebus
03-20-2007, 02:59 PM
They have the smallest beer mugs I have ever drank out of. Kind of like beer shot glasses.

1 Baja Guy
03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
They have the smallest beer mugs I have ever drank out of. Kind of like beer shot glasses.
Yeah you have to order a pitcher to get the size of a normal beer mug :D :D :D :D

Kachina26
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
It's not quite the same after the change of ownership. And the dollar margs are indeed worth about 50 cents.

BDMar
03-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Last summer we tried to go there and it looked like they were out of business. We used to love that place. New owners? Is the food the same?

phebus
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Last summer we tried to go there and it looked like they were out of business. We used to love that place. New owners? Is the food the same?
Yep, as bad as ever. :)

Kachina26
03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
The food was very good before. It's still decent food, but the service and the prices, well, not so much.

SummitKarl
03-20-2007, 05:01 PM
there is a rumor floating around they are closing up and heading to the south end of town:confused:

bohica
03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I gotta agree, the food there was terrible. Fast food at it's worst.:jawdrop:

Kachina26
03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I gotta agree, the food there was terrible. Fast food at it's worst.:jawdrop:
Did you ever have the fish tacos? They were pretty good under the old management. As far as the beans and rice, well, that's pretty hard to fock up.

yamakazi
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Last summer it did indeed change ownership. My buddy Dustin and his uncle Mark took over the place in August. Both are extremely nice guys and avid boaters. Don't let experiences of the past judge this place, if you haven't tried it lately...give it another chance. They are both trying really hard to make this place work again; cleaning it up, new games, new TV's/Screens, etc. trying to make it a good family place again. For those of you hating on the place, how about next time you're in there just mention your thoughts about the beers, food, margaritas and so on to either one of them. They are both open and willing to hear suggestions and really want to improve and make it work for everyone. They can't change what they don't know about. If you mention stuff and get ignored....then you can flame me all you want.....but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Anyways, give it a second chance if you haven't been there lately. Ok, stepping down off the box. :)

phebus
03-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I'll give it another try. Thanks for the update.

Kachina26
03-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Last summer it did indeed change ownership. My buddy Dustin and his uncle Mark took over the place in August. Both are extremely nice guys and avid boaters. Don't let experiences of the past judge this place, if you haven't tried it lately...give it another chance. They are both trying really hard to make this place work again; cleaning it up, new games, new TV's/Screens, etc. trying to make it a good family place again. For those of you hating on the place, how about next time you're in there just mention your thoughts about the beers, food, margaritas and so on to either one of them. They are both open and willing to hear suggestions and really want to improve and make it work for everyone. They can't change what they don't know about. If you mention stuff and get ignored....then you can flame me all you want.....but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Anyways, give it a second chance if you haven't been there lately. Ok, stepping down off the box. :)
I don't know if he got rid of some of the wait staff or if they left, but I do miss the older hispanic gal that used to work there. She was really on top of things. As far as the dollar marg, well, I shoulda known better. Now I do. That's what I get for being a tight wad. Overall, it still seems to be a laid back place, and the food that I get is still good, but the prices went up considerably.

HavasuSelect
03-20-2007, 05:28 PM
I remember watching the OJ chase there on the big screens:D

XtrmWakeborder
03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
We always stopped in there, but haven't been in a year or so. Not too bad in my opinion.

THE WIDGE
03-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Like Yamakazi said, give it a second chance. Both Dustin and Mark are good friends of mine and they are very open to your thoughts and input. Both are avid Hot Boaters. Yamakazi, you forgot the Hot Boat wall you started.

Havasu1986
03-20-2007, 07:00 PM
We have been going for years. Did see it get kinda bad there for awhile. But will try it out next trip.:)

RaceFace
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
I wondered what happened! Last 2 visits were sub-par. I will give 'em another shot and voice my "consumer" opinion to the new ownership if there is an issue. My inlaws have lived in Havi since before the London Bridge was there and they gave up on the place...and it was one of their favorites. I will relay the message and get them on board too! Thanks for the ownership update!!

THE WIDGE
03-20-2007, 07:29 PM
there is a rumor floating around they are closing up and heading to the south end of town:confused:
They are not moving, that is confirmed. This is how good old Havasu gosip starts getting around!

Mandelon
03-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Geez, just double the price of the marg's to $2.00.....still seems cheap but they could pour a better tequila and add lots of triple sec to cover the taste. :D

Intruder
03-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Don 't be a Charlies hater!! Dustin and Mark have made changes to the decor/menu/staff all for the better. They are good dudes that will listen the peps and continue to make positve changes. They deserve and will continue to earn the support of HB crazies.

Mr. Crusader 83
03-21-2007, 09:10 AM
on tuesdays they have free tacos if your drinking beer and corona's are $1.75 i think

Keith E. Sayre
03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes I agree, they're new at this but seem like great guys.
I hope they do well, when my kids are in town, they love
that place.
Keith Sayre

Baja Big Dog
03-21-2007, 09:28 AM
This is all fine, but if they are in the business they know how much it costs to tap a beer, and what are the ramifications if they choose to "short" or "cheat" people out of an extra 3 Oz's of beer. Lets face it, when it comes to beer we are all experts, and a shot of beer is not entertaining many folks, the word will get around in a hurry (as you can read here!). Ive said it before and Ill say it again...you never know the value of a customer until you loose him.
I suggest If these guys are your "Buds" you pass some of this input as to the quality, quantity of food and the alcohol issues to them and see if they choose to stop the leak in the dam.
Lets face it, you can take a guys girl, you may be able to take his boat, but his beer.....NEVER!!!!!:idea:
:idea:

Intruder
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Beware the bite of the "Big Dog". Be advised this tread is being monitored. Don't be a hater I'll buy you a couple of those 9oz coldies.

CornWater
03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_4.gif

Baja Big Dog
03-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Beware the bite of the "Big Dog". Be advised this tread is being monitored. Don't be a hater I'll buy you a couple of those 9oz coldies.
Man I hope I didnt come across too hard, Ive just had a miserable week, went to the sis's house Sunday for corned beef, felt a bug coming on, about scharded the ole shorts, then sat through "Borat"...my god what the fock was that???? been tattooing the ole porcelain saddle all week, bad week. If I offended anyone Im sorry....Yea right!!!
Like I said...dont mess with the beer man....
9 oz'r sounds nice though, thanks Bro:jawdrop:

yamakazi
03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Be assured, all this is being passed along. As far as "cheating" and "shorting", I really don't think that this is the intention at all. I can tell them this all I want, but like I said....you, the customer, needs to mention these concerns as you are in the place. Let's keep it all in perspective here too folks....we're talking about $1.50 beers and $1.00 margaritas?! If people don't agree with the price of the tap, perhaps kick in the $.50 for a bottle?
Anyways, I'm not trying to call anyone out and such....let's just keep it all in perspective. Don't base it on what you "heard"...remember this is a person's livelyhood.

Havasu1986
03-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Has he got the after work construction guys to come back yet. When I was having my RV garage built a couple years ago the concrete guys said that they quit going after work because they raised the prices on beer. Maybe a couple calls to the right people and some specials will get them back.:) Word travels fast in Havi.

Baja Big Dog
03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Yama...If you read up here you will find that if want an opinion ask for it and you will receive.....good, bad or indifferent.
Most honesty will be brought out here. If someones livelihood is on the line then the "ball is in his court".
At 400 lbs you can rest assured I WILL give an honest opinion, I dont eat based on "baller status".
Javilina ....sucks Hernandez....rocks
Montana is OK....but Ill take Rods anyday....
IN N OUT says it all etc etc.
Heres a way to end the controversy..everyone on the forum stops by eats/drinks, and dont mention HB. Then lets give it an honest rating!!
Ill be there Thursday, gotta get my nails done and will stop by the weekend, and give it another try.

novaguy
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Chili Charlies rocks!!! Dustin and Mark are good friends of mine and like Yamakazi and the widge have said, they are cool people and trying to make the business run. I know it is hard to please everyone and the place has history (good or bad). Dustin and Mark are avid ***boaters and you could see them hanging out in the channel on most weekends during the summer. Why don't we have a ***boat get together there and kick back and drink some beers? We will be there this weekend. I am leaving on Friday.....
Rob

yamakazi
03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
BB Dog...fair enough. I agree with your list and taste. Can I suggest the carne asada tacos loaded with guacamole Thurs......but arroz con pollo, uh not so much. PM me with your thoughts Friday, good or bad, and I'll pass them along for ya!

Intruder
03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I wish I was going to be there this weekend but the dog days of summer are just beginning. Wishing you all many taco's and cold beers

monkey rage frank
03-21-2007, 07:12 PM
All of your coments will not get ignored. I am also a good family friend, we all will pass on the info. Dustin and Uncle Mark are working there tails off and actually alot of havi locals have been pleased with their progress. I have been there and have seen many locals and they seemed very happy, some even have fallen out of their chair their so drunk. (awesome). They have had some local bands in on certain nights and that has turned out well. Dustin is actually interested in getting some so cal hot boaters in more often. So I'll talk to Dustin and see what we can do, Maybe we can set somthing up for this summer? I like to get drunk!!!!!!!!!!!! How about you??????????? I feel like most people workin our as## off and we are in need of some COOOLLLD BEERRSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WIDGE
03-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Monkey, you know I'm down and I'll be their this weekend!! Hope you can play!

monkey rage frank
03-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Widge, oh yea and your a cheap date too. Since I'm the Head of Security @ chili Charlies I think I can smoozsh the owner for a couple of drinks. I heard a friend bought a new truck? Whats up with that?:D :idea: Just stirrin the pot. I'm lookin to go out there in early Apr. Big John wants to go also. I think you guys should go. Who ever wants to hook up for some beers we'll keep ya informed. Frank