PDA

View Full Version : got my commercial

SHOTKALLIN
03-21-2007, 10:10 AM
driver license today. :D Any Car haulers on the boards? I'm looking at getting into the car hauling business. Anybody have any contacts?

HCS
03-21-2007, 10:37 AM
If there's any care haulers on here they better watch where their going. :sqeyes:
Being in the car business I see those guy every day. Some of those guys have some big trick rigs.
The owner operators that is.

ekbearly
03-21-2007, 11:29 AM
couple of comapnies you should look into:
www.carhaulnetwork.com
United Road
PARS Inc.
McNutt Auto Transport

SHOTKALLIN
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks for the info

caroftheweek
03-21-2007, 01:39 PM
thanks for the info
another 92555 resident. What the hell does Rancho Bellago mean anyway?

MR.rvrluvr
03-21-2007, 01:56 PM
good luck....Fresh out of school it will be hard to get into haulin cars, Tankers are the same way. Not impossible though.
I am in sand and gravel (Transfers). not bad except for winter time. I have done everything over the road produce hauler (Fresno to Boston once a week ....YUK), flatbeds, tankers gasoline, groceries, Burger King, dirt. Dirt is so easy, find the job, pull the switch and collect the money.....see ya.
anyway good luck, its not bad work if you don't think about the hours you put in, (I average 12-15 in the summer per day) been doing it for 17 years and still going strong.:) :)

HocusPocus
03-21-2007, 02:25 PM
congrats.. i was long haul (48 states and canada) for 4 years then local for the same company for a year before i decided to semi retire. sometimes i still miss driving those big ol noisy things. :D
http://www.geocities.com/hulaman.geo/redtrucksmall.jpg

jdf
03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
congrats.. i was long haul (48 states and canada) for 4 years then local for the same company for a year before i decided to semi retire. sometimes i still miss driving those big ol noisy things. :D
http://www.geocities.com/hulaman.geo/redtrucksmall.jpghow long were you with u.s

RitcheyRch
03-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Congrats

Jrocket
03-21-2007, 04:31 PM
If you decide to haul dirt,get on with Robertson ready mix.Cut your teeth there and then move to a better company afterwards.

KLEPTOW
03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
My best fiend is a driver/trainer for Dominos, was with Sigma and has contacts at both locations pm me if you are interested.

mobldj
03-21-2007, 05:00 PM
good luck....Fresh out of school it will be hard to get into haulin cars, Tankers are the same way. Not impossible though.
I am in sand and gravel (Transfers). not bad except for winter time. I have done everything over the road produce hauler (Fresno to Boston once a week ....YUK), flatbeds, tankers gasoline, groceries, Burger King, dirt. Dirt is so easy, find the job, pull the switch and collect the money.....see ya.
anyway good luck, its not bad work if you don't think about the hours you put in, (I average 12-15 in the summer per day) been doing it for 17 years and still going strong.:) :)
you gravel hauler piss the public off dropping crap eveywhere

Jim W
03-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey shot,
what are you interested in?
Owner operator or as a hired driver?
I am a few months away from buying a 5 pack hauler and have a good friend with a 10 car.
As a hired driver, there are a few companies that will train you in car hauling. Pretty much none that will hire a new guy with no car hauling exp. and with no training.
www.Centraldispatch.com is a good load board if you go owner operator.
Also, a good site for trucking info is www.classadrivers.com
Real good money to be made as a o/op if you are smart about it.
PM me if you want more details.
Be good, Jim

MR.rvrluvr
03-21-2007, 06:37 PM
you gravel hauler piss the public off dropping crap eveywhere
I have stainless steel (polished)gates with rubber water tight seals, three locks on each gate. I can haul WATER if I wanted to. I haul a LOT of golf course, and sand blasting sand out of state to NV., AZ., UT., OR., I DON"T LEAK ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At $2500 per load (material and haul) I can't afford to loose any of it or I loose the customer.:) :)

MR.rvrluvr
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
If you decide to haul dirt,get on with Robertson ready mix.Cut your teeth there and then move to a better company afterwards.
f robertsons. you wont make a dime and you will work weekends and nights to start.
I got my brother in law at west coast sand and gravel right out of school, started at $15.50 an hour. Works about 60 hours a week min. They are in Buena park but have trucks in chino, Indio, San Diego, and northern CA.
If interested in dirt give me a PM I will point you in the right direction.:)

Havasu1986
03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I got my brother in law at west coast sand and gravel right out of school, started at $15.50 an hour. Works about 60 hours a week min. They are in Buena park but have trucks in chino, Indio, San Diego, and northern CA.
This is who my company uses when we need sand in our ditches.:)

Jrocket
03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
f robertsons. you wont make a dime and you will work weekends and nights to start.
I already did the material hauling deal,moved onto other things.He can start at RM and thrash there stuff for 6 months then move onto a better pay and company afterwards,just my suggestion for non experienced drivers.

MR.rvrluvr
03-21-2007, 07:09 PM
This is who my company uses when we need sand in our ditches.:)
If you ever want to make a change let me know:)

SHOTKALLIN
03-22-2007, 09:04 AM
another 92555 resident. What the hell does Rancho Bellago mean anyway?
supposedly it means ranches and beautiful lakes. I think it's funny ass shizzle. They have to rename the city to sell million dollar homes. I don't think it will work. Your kids will still be going to school with illegals and drive by shooters.:D

caroftheweek
03-22-2007, 09:07 AM
supposedly it means ranches and beautiful lakes. I think it's funny ass shizzle. They have to rename the city to sell million dollar homes. I don't think it will work. Your kids will still be going to school with illegals and drive by shooters.:D
And my poor wife will be teaching them. (she teaches 6th grade at Landmark Middle School). our days in "Rancho Belago" are numbered.

SHOTKALLIN
03-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey shot,
what are you interested in?
Owner operator or as a hired driver?
I am a few months away from buying a 5 pack hauler and have a good friend with a 10 car.
As a hired driver, there are a few companies that will train you in car hauling. Pretty much none that will hire a new guy with no car hauling exp. and with no training.
www.Centraldispatch.com is a good load board if you go owner operator.
Also, a good site for trucking info is www.classadrivers.com
Real good money to be made as a o/op if you are smart about it.
PM me if you want more details.
Be good, Jim
sending you a pm!

SHOTKALLIN
03-22-2007, 09:11 AM
And my poor wife will be teaching them. (she teaches 6th grade at Landmark Middle School). our days in "Rancho Belago" are numbered.
Mine have been numbered for a long time. My daughter will be 4 in June. she will not see landmark jr high. I think at the most a couple years at Ridgecrest but then thats it.

SHOTKALLIN
03-22-2007, 09:22 AM
I already did the material hauling deal,moved onto other things.He can start at RM and thrash there stuff for 6 months then move onto a better pay and company afterwards,just my suggestion for non experienced drivers.
I only wanna haul cars. Just want the experence then I will buy my own own rig. Still waiting on the local 12 also JROCKET. :D

caroftheweek
03-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Mine have been numbered for a long time. My daughter will be 4 in June. she will not see landmark jr high. I think at the most a couple years at Ridgecrest but then thats it.
my wife says that our son will never go to school in Mo Val/Rancho Belago. he is 2 1/2 months old so we still have a while. next Feb. we will be in our house for 2 years and then it is time to move. AZ here we come :) :)

6 Dollar Boat
03-22-2007, 09:48 AM
My best fiend is a driver/trainer for Dominos, was with Sigma and has contacts at both locations pm me if you are interested.
If you are talking about Richard he is just the FNG. Good guy but still green...damn it's a small world.

Jrocket
03-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Still waiting on the local 12 also JROCKET. :D
Keep trying.If I could help you out more I would.

SHOTKALLIN
03-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Its all good. they take apps in sept. I plan to have my own rig by then though so we will see. It would be nice to get into the local 12 and pay someone to drive my truck.;)

uselessgrant
03-23-2007, 02:04 AM
if you are going to be a company driver try to get on with a union company if you can, you may have to get your feet wet non union and then switch later. Union scale is much better along with the benefits as well. This is not a guess cause i are one. (union carhauler that is):D

lawbreaker2
03-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Oh great another billy big rigger,:D just kidding, I use to haul cars for myself, sold of the rig, and got a day job hauling grocerics.:rolleyes: not bad, but Home every night and weekends.:D Been driving for 21 years, and thinking about going o/o again, this company $hit sucks.:mad:

SHOTKALLIN
03-23-2007, 06:22 AM
if you are going to be a company driver try to get on with a union company if you can, you may have to get your feet wet non union and then switch later. Union scale is much better along with the benefits as well. This is not a guess cause i are one. (union carhauler that is):D
how long would you say to wait before buying your own rig? I definitely am not gonna wait the 2 years it takes to get with one of the union companies. Where do these companies expect you to get your experience if nobody will hire you?