PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Sub

oumills
03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I took my boat into the stereo shop for a basic upgrade, but I'm questioning their recommendation. Hopefully some of you can help?
I've got a 240 Sundeck. I'm keeping the factory head unit and adding a 6 Channel JL Audio Amp. I plan to upgrade the (4) 6.5's to Alpine's. If the boat would have had the upgraded factory system, it would have been w/ a Clarion 10" Sub. This is what the stereo shop recommended, but I"m not sure they're that good? I see a lot of take outs on Ebay and Craig's List.
Does anyone have any feedback on this sub? Before I went, I was expecting a JL Audio sub recommendation or something along those lines?
I want to end up w/ a great sounding system w/ some punch, but doesn't have to shake the snaps off. Clarity is a must.
Thanks in advance.

Mr. Naudio
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Are we talking free air or boxed?
Dose it have to be marine?
Talking an sw clarion or the pxw?
W1 or w3 or w6 or w7?
Not enough amp for over a sw and w1.
The jl marine sounds pretty good in that boat wont pound though.
Need more info.

oumills
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for responding.
Its the CMSW10.1. They're planning on mounting it near the floor using the storage under the seat to seal it off. It would probably be much less to worry about if was marine. When the boat is cleaned or washed out, the sub will be directly in the line of fire. I'd rather not have to worry about it. The amp I'm using is the E6450 for my amp with the Clarion head unit.
I get the feeling that any "marine" sub is not going to sound as good as a normal sub?

Mr. Naudio
03-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for responding.
Its the CMSW10.1. They're planning on mounting it near the floor using the storage under the seat to seal it off. It would probably be much less to worry about if was marine. When the boat is cleaned or washed out, the sub will be directly in the line of fire. I'd rather not have to worry about it. The amp I'm using is the E6450 for my amp with the Clarion head unit.
I get the feeling that any "marine" sub is not going to sound as good as a normal sub?
Its all about the box seat or otherwise (box is always better)
As far as a marine speaker holding up better almost never.
Most have the same cone material and surounds.

Sotally Tober
03-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I would not use the clarion.I added to my 270 sundeck when I ordered it. It was in for 1 season. Here is a linkhttp://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108656 to what I did.