PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Nostalgia Flats are at Burley 2003

CircleJerk
05-30-2003, 01:12 PM
I am happy to report: Nostalgia Flatbottoms are invited to the June 27,28,29 Burley Idaho Regatta! Admission and registration fee is a flat $50. We will be given a special pit-display area and permitted one race a day with up to 6 boats each heat. Number of laps will be up to us, possibly three. All flats that ran Parker are welcome as well as newcomers. Burley sits half way between Washington and California so it is a perfect spot for the North to finally meet the South! Its about a 12 hour tow for us. I know this is short notice but the promoters have been working on one of the biggest fields in many years I have been told. FIVE K BOATS so far! With all the other great classes expected, we are very honored to be invited to participate.!!
Now, the call goes out! Jim Best, Billy B, Jerry, or Brad in the 555 'b'boat, I need names now to guarantee us a spot and insure you get into the gate with your oldie but goodie V-drive. This may be our first and last opportunity to fly around the famous Burley island. smile_sp email me with your phone #. Now if I can only smile_sp talk the Blonde out of her boat! smile_sp wink
[ May 31, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

126driver
05-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Jerry will be busy shooting incriminating after-hours video and will be unable to juggle the added responsibility of nosty driver. wink :D smile_sp

circleboatKIDD
05-30-2003, 04:11 PM
CircleJerk the ole biesemyer would like to run around with u all,MR. VDRIVE VIdeo can handle the driving duties if he up for it :confused: what was your engine limits again?

blondie#1
05-30-2003, 07:02 PM
circleboatKIDD:
CircleJerk the ole biesemyer would like to run around with u all,MR. VDRIVE VIdeo can handle the driving duties if he up for it :confused: what was your engine limits again? OUR ENGINE REQUIREMENTS ARE 500 CUBIC INCHES AND UNDER, NATURALLY ASPIRATED,AND INJECTION IS ALLOWED. I THINK the SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROUP STAYS UNDER 468. JIM BEST ARE YOU OUT THERE????? HEY!ALL YOU GUYS WON'T YOU COME PLAY WITH ME AND MY LAVEY? HEY SCOTT! WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO ARRIVE FOR THE VIDEO FUN? BILLY B, ARE YOU COMING TO JOIN IN THE FUN? YOU SAID YOU WOULD HAVE TO ROB A BANK TO GET TO SPOKANE, YOU'LL ONLY HAVE TO ROB AN ESPRESO STAND TO GET TO BURLEY! THAT IS IF YOU HAVE ANY ALCOHOL LEFT AFTER CFW! wink :D :rolleyes:
[ May 31, 2003, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: blondebombshell ]

uclahater
06-01-2003, 08:06 PM
blondebombshell:
circleboatKIDD:
CircleJerk the ole biesemyer would like to run around with u all,MR. VDRIVE VIdeo can handle the driving duties if he up for it :confused: what was your engine limits again? OUR ENGINE REQUIREMENTS ARE 500 CUBIC INCHES AND UNDER, NATURALLY ASPIRATED,AND INJECTION IS ALLOWED. I THINK the SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GROUP STAYS UNDER 468. JIM BEST ARE YOU OUT THERE????? HEY!ALL YOU GUYS WON'T YOU COME PLAY WITH ME AND MY LAVEY? HEY SCOTT! WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO ARRIVE FOR THE VIDEO FUN? BILLY B, ARE YOU COMING TO JOIN IN THE FUN? YOU SAID YOU WOULD HAVE TO ROB A BANK TO GET TO SPOKANE, YOU'LL ONLY HAVE TO ROB AN ESPRESO STAND TO GET TO BURLEY! THAT IS IF YOU HAVE ANY ALCOHOL LEFT AFTER CFW! wink :D :rolleyes: Id be supprised if theres even a nostalgia GN class after this weekend at Laughlin. # 18 Flipped his boat over the jet boats Roller. They keep promising these guys that it will be Flattys only and at the last second they throw in 2 v bottom jets. They didnt run today they all went home pretty pissed. Ive seen the orange Squirt Gun Take out three motors and now one boat. They even told the guy to stay on the outside but do you think a jet boat driver could listen? Not a chance.
JET BOATS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 09:31 PM
A jet boater listen? Yeah right.....

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 10:41 PM
That's just great! Just when I started to get excited that maybe a joint race could really take place, another dissapointment! I'm not too sure I want to tow 12 hours without the possibility of running. The boat count so far,{2} up here is slim. No one is crazy about racing three out of four weekends. Was this race sanctioned by APBA? Who's of first here? Dang it! :confused:

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Jerk,
That race today at Spanaway Lake was APBA.
Rick says there was some SS boats and the 5 liters put on a good race.

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 10:46 PM
RaysonKid:
A jet boater listen? Yeah right..... Good point J.P., Its almost like they have a class death wish or something. As I understand it, Comp Jets went bye bye a while back and they only ran in Burley in small numbers. This could have been their comeback?! Up here, we dont allow them to run with us and dont have plans for them in the future. Thanks for your help Rayson at Banks. I am sure we have the best man for the job! smile_sp
[ June 01, 2003, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

RaysonKid
06-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Your welcome.
Hope I dont have to do much...
But watch some awesome racing.

CircleJerk
06-01-2003, 10:55 PM
RaysonKid:
Your welcome.
Hope I dont have to do much...
But watch some awesome racing. Soitenly, I feel you have hit the nail sqarely on the head! Watchin and waiting only from the best vantage spot I know of! That race wasnt on my schedule, so maybe they wont run one the same weekend as Banks. I would love to see those Seattle SS boats try to run our short triangle course just for the fun of it. Wouldnt you? smile_sp

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2003, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CircleJerk:
Now, the call goes out! Jim Best, Billy B, Jerry, or Brad in the 555 'b'boat, I need names now to guarantee us a spot and insure you get into the gate with your oldie but goodie V-drive. This may be our first and last opportunity to fly around the famous Burley island.
Herr Jerkenhiemer,
Thanks for the invite :cool: but...I have a job to do filming all you crackpots. If I were to shove a bigdollar bullet between the stringers of my Hondo, I would probably run the Pro-Stock class (No Speedlimit! :) ). But to show that I'm a good sport, I'm sending up Ken Dorn in the Lavey to represent V-Drive Video!!! Lastly, I dont think the Burley race is ending this year!!! You can run probably run the famous island course for years to come... If the nosty thing doesn't get signed in the future, you can pull off your parade totin throttle stops and enter a race!!! Hows that for stirrin the shit??? :D :D LOL Go Bomber!!Jerry

CircleJerk
06-02-2003, 11:18 PM
cry No one wants to play! Just received the word, no one down south is coming to race Nosty! I guess the 'L' race was discouraging for the class according to all the reports.
Ya, I've heard in the past that the BAD SS39 will be in Idaho, but no show. It would be cool to have an all Lavey field. I will work on JD and Sweet Caroline so that would make 4! GN is thinking about coming also. I will make the decision Wen. when DP calls.
Can you guarantee that Nosty boats wont be required capsules?? Thats what I mean. As for the throttle stop, YOUR only hope for a win is if I leave it ON! Ridiculous.... smile_sp

CircleJerk
06-05-2003, 09:14 AM
To correct Burley news: No K boats will be in Burley as stated by one promoter. It seems one of the five bailed and they won't run just 4. Hey Billy! The Nostalgia class was asked again to run, but with the prospect of a low turnout from both Northwest and the Southwest I dont expect any to tow there this year. However, next year is a different story. I also have to correct the rumor that our class runs with a throttle stop in order to stay under the 80 mph limit, we mash the gas! The speed is kept down to 70 average due to the length of the straights and a small 3/4 mile course. Burley is a mile and a quarter so for next year we will be at maximum velocity, not to match Go-Fast, Le13, 126, and CircleKidd of course! :D They are in a different class, right Video Guy?? smile_sp PS,Georgia state ran their first Nostalgia class with 12 boats competing! AOF has the insurance statewide!! It's growing! wink

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-05-2003, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CircleJerk: I also have to correct the rumor that our class runs with a throttle stop in order to stay under the 80 mph limit. Burley is a mile and a quarter so for next year we will be at maximum velocity, not to match Go-Fast, Le13, 126, and CircleKidd of course! :D They are in a different class, right Video Guy?? smile_sp
What rumor??? I think most everybody knows that his Jerkness runs well under 80 without a throttle stop!!!LMAO :p Your right about being in a different class than 13, and 126...I think thier class is actually referred to as a league!! Circle boat Kidd doesn't have time for bowling, he and I ran the pit bike class at Red bluff and he came out on top!!! cry Last time I checked, the SS-39 Sundowner will be at Burley. I'll see if Ken will let the Bomber take it out for a Hot lap!!! If this happens, I could see her draggin you around the country with the Superstock Association terrorizing the waterways nationally!!! :) :)

circleboatKIDD
06-05-2003, 06:52 PM
HEy VDrive Video if Bubba done with ole bieser by then Ill ley you run at Burley, and settle the score we could even make a camera holder for you :D it might even have one throughs custom paint jobs on her from laveen,az :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-05-2003, 09:30 PM
circleboatKIDD:
HEy VDrive Video if Bubba done with ole bieser by then Ill ley you run at Burley, and settle the score we could even make a camera holder for you :D it might even have one throughs custom paint jobs on her from laveen,az :D Im gonna assume by your grammar that you're tuning up your liver tonight!! :D I'll mount a camera facing backward so everyone can see CJ. He should be full frame in the picture at first then growing smaller up till he lets off the gas into the first turn!!! eek! After that I'll switch to the helmet cam so everyone can see the back of his boat prior to my lapping him!!!! Ohh shitttt I'm on a role now!!!! Just playin CJ, I got nothin but love for ya!!! :) JG

CircleJerk
06-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Ridiculous, leave the humor to a professional. You aint it! :D