PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a fake-o-lake?

Itsahobby
12-31-2002, 03:23 PM
Hi all,
I was thinking of getting one of those
fake-o-lake,toilet plunger things, so I can run
my motor while the boats on the trailer.
I also was thinking of connecting a tee to the
water connection, then running hose into a container of anti-freeze. That way I could switch
from fresh water to anti-freeze to winterize the motor.
Anyone try this? Any idea if this will work?
Thanks,
Jerry

CircleJerk
12-31-2002, 06:42 PM
You lost me! It might take me a year to figure out what you're doing here.......cj :D check out the fake-o-smile!
[ December 31, 2002, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

CircleJerk
12-31-2002, 06:55 PM
[ December 31, 2002, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

DUCKY
12-31-2002, 07:45 PM
I have used the "fake-o-lake" when I used to work on boats. It is a good product. It will only work if your water p/u is in the hull and the hull is all flat around it. You have to make a seal with the hull. If you have the afore mentioned requirements, you can cut yourself a piece of garden hose and stick it in the antifreeze (I recommend the pink "RV" stuff, so as not to pollute) and your water pump will suck it up. It will take about 3 gallons before it will come out your exhaust on a big block with wet logs (Mercruiser). I can't use one on my boat, as my water p/u is on the cav plate. I just use a 5 gal bucket, hang it off my ski tow, and stick the braided hose in it and the garden hose. :D

Itsahobby
12-31-2002, 09:29 PM
Thanks Ducky,
My pickup is on the hull. I run a thermoastat, so I need to run my boat until the thermostat opens,
then switch to the antifreeze.
Thanks for the input,
Jerry
DUCKY:
I have used the "fake-o-lake" when I used to work on boats. It is a good product. It will only work if your water p/u is in the hull and the hull is all flat around it. You have to make a seal with the hull. If you have the afore mentioned requirements, you can cut yourself a piece of garden hose and stick it in the antifreeze (I recommend the pink "RV" stuff, so as not to pollute) and your water pump will suck it up. It will take about 3 gallons before it will come out your exhaust on a big block with wet logs (Mercruiser). I can't use one on my boat, as my water p/u is on the cav plate. I just use a 5 gal bucket, hang it off my ski tow, and stick the braided hose in it and the garden hose. :D

Itsahobby
12-31-2002, 09:38 PM
Hmm, wasn't the title "Do you use a fake-o-lake"?
So if I lost you, then you haven't used one :D j/k
CircleJerk:
You lost me! It might take me a year to figure out what you're doing here.......cj :D check out the fake-o-smile!

ACCEPTENCE
01-01-2003, 11:14 AM
That's a good idea. Whats the main objective though???? Coat the block with anit-freeze???
Will a brovo drive suck it out of a bucket thru rabbit ears on the drive, anyone tried???
Likin the idea!!!

DUCKY
01-01-2003, 11:19 AM
ACCEPTENCE:
That's a good idea. Whats the main objective though???? Coat the block with anit-freeze???
Will a brovo drive suck it out of a bucket thru rabbit ears on the drive, anyone tried???
Likin the idea!!! It won't pull from the flush ears, but you can pull the inlet off the water pump and get a length of the proper size hose from the hardware store and do it that way. The idea is to fill the block with antifreeze, so it eek! doesn't freeze. and keeping it submersed will prevent rust from forming in the water jackets over the winter. Thats the way I used to do it for my customers.

ACCEPTENCE
01-01-2003, 02:30 PM
I see, I think I'll do that, thanks. I don't much have a freeze problem but I like the idea of anit-freeze in the block during the off months...