PDA

View Full Version : Steel Buildings

Roaddogg 4040
02-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Is there anyone here that has experience in steel building construction? I am thinking of hiring a couple of people to help me construct my shop and am wondering if there is anyone in the Havasu area that might be interested.
Steve

Roaddogg 4040
02-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Sorry Double post... :mad: :yuk:

BADBLOWN572
02-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I would talk to SigEpMock. He is in the metal building industry. He might have a hook up for someone who could help you build it.

ChumpChange
02-03-2006, 08:57 AM
SigEpMock sells them, maybe he has put them together as well. Afterall, he is a SigEp so chances are he can do anything.
What kind of shop are you building? What line of business?

Roaddogg 4040
02-03-2006, 09:03 AM
The shop is just for personal use as I am retired. I am going to put my motorhome and boat in it as well as a room for my wife for her sewing and quilting. The rest will be devoted to various boating projects, motorcycles etc.
I will send SigEpMock a note and see if he can do better that the numbers that I have so far.
Thanks, Steve

SummitKarl
02-03-2006, 09:14 AM
The shop is just for personal use as I am retired. I am going to put my motorhome and boat in it as well as a room for my wife for her sewing and quilting. The rest will be devoted to various boating projects, motorcycles etc.
I will send SigEpMock a note and see if he can do better that the numbers that I have so far.
Thanks, Steve
Steve why is it when I see you post I keep hearing a old song in my head....
"ya better shop around" LMAO

Roaddogg 4040
02-03-2006, 09:47 AM
$hit Karl, the prices I have so far vary by as much as 100 percent. It is making my head spin trying to sort it out. As I am still waiting on permits I am just going to keep at it until they are ready.
Steve

SummitKarl
02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
$hit Karl, the prices I have so far vary by as much as 100 percent. It is making my head spin trying to sort it out. As I am still waiting on permits I am just going to keep at it until they are ready.
Steve
that may take a bit the COUNTY!!! is clogged with permits, I have been waiting a month on the house on Hemlock to come out. :hammer2:
did you get a hold Of OGshocker for a referal on the building?
I might have a connection on the concrete

mike37
02-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Steve
I can order buildings
pm me the info on what you want and I will get you a price
delivered to your lot but you will have to handle the unloading and inventory the parts your self

prozach
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I've put together smaller steel buildings 14x20 and they are a lot of work. Endless bolting. I would definately have some help.

sigepmock
02-03-2006, 11:08 AM
We sell ready to assemble metal buildings of all sizes. Check out our website for more info.
www.mtldir.com
and
www.componentsplusinc.com
The actual manufacturer of the buildings is a sub-company of Components Plus, Inc. The buildings are complete bolt together and with a forklift most people can assemble themselves. Unfortunatly I do not have any installers directly in Havasu. PM me and I can give you a number to an installer that is based out of CA but travels all over the west coast.
I'm not the expert on these prefab buildings but I will help you with all I can.
Chris Mock
Gen. Manager
Components Plus, Inc. SoCal
cmock@ribroof.com
909-875-8529

Roaddogg 4040
02-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Chris
I left a message at your office.
Karl
Yeh the building dept is backed up!!! I think i found a concrete guy but I will call you in a few days to get the other name. OK?
Thanks, Steve

OGShocker
02-03-2006, 12:46 PM
did you get a hold Of OGshocker for a referal on the building?
ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!:D

Roaddogg 4040
02-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Karl
Yes I got a hold of OG. Sorry for not paying attention!!!! :) :) :) :)
Blame my wife, ok?. :yuk: :yuk:
Steve

havasu5150
02-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Here is a pic of the building I just had built. Bunger Steel in Phx is the mfg. Arizona Steel Construction was the comapny that assembled. They may go to Havasu, I know they were doing work in Globe and Payson.
Watch out on the permits, couldn't build my first building due to BS zoning restrictions that are local ...not in building codes....and that apparently many of my neighbors ignored....but because I tried to do things correctly, I got burned. It went downhill from there.

GHT
02-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Is there anyone here that has experience in steel building construction? I am thinking of hiring a couple of people to help me construct my shop and am wondering if there is anyone in the Havasu area that might be interested.
Steve
Were a Butler distributer and we will erect them. Have NV, UT, and AZ lic... What size you looking for...?

Roaddogg 4040
02-04-2006, 08:53 AM
GHT
You were on my list to talk to on Monday. I will call Monday. I'am going to do a 60x100x18 building. Permits should be ready in a few weeks.
Steve
Havasu5150 That is a great shop. Wish I was as far along as you!!!
Could you PM your guys numbers?
Steve