PDA

View Full Version : Best 6x9 Speakers

socalmofo
03-22-2007, 07:52 PM
I currently have 2 sets of 6x9's in the boat.I want to replace them and add another set? What should I get? They will be pushed by an amp and I will also have 2 10" Subs as well.

Jesster
03-23-2007, 07:50 AM
You need to tell us what Amps and headunit you are going to be using with them. Also what price range you are looking at. Otherwise there is no way to give you decent advice. :)

Hustler
03-23-2007, 07:58 AM
I have Bostons in my boat and love them. They have been in the boat for 5 years and I have had no problems at all with them. Mine are the RX model but the SL or SX models are both great speakers

Essexive G's
03-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Infinity Kappa's. Best sounding ones I've had in the boat.

jbone
03-24-2007, 07:12 AM
I like highs, especially in the open air of the boat. I kept blowing tweeters on my Kappas.
I went with Memphis Audio marine grade and have been happy.
J

Phat Matt
03-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I have these in my Commander. They sound great and I was really happy with them.
I have the Boston SL's in the E-ticket. They sound really good as well.

talbert450r
03-30-2007, 08:54 AM
I like the jl audio 6X9's

Beer-30
03-30-2007, 09:55 AM
You might audition some AudioBahns. Their marine speakers (all sizes) have horn-tweeters to disperse sound in open environments. They are a different sound, some people have an ear for horns and others don't. It's all about what sounds good to you.

thmper321
03-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Usually any mid level brand speaker with a metal dome tweeter sounds good in a boat environment. For a boat the brighter the better. Memphis, Boston, are both good choices. I even think Audiobahn's idea of a horn works well in a boat but not the best for sound quality, a little honky. Put plenty of power to a speaker to not allow clipping and all of them will sound good. Just don't under power them.

Beer-30
03-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Usually any mid level brand speaker with a metal dome tweeter sounds good in a boat environment. For a boat the brighter the better. Memphis, Boston, are both good choices. I even think Audiobahn's idea of a horn works well in a boat but not the best for sound quality, a little honky. Put plenty of power to a speaker to not allow clipping and all of them will sound good. Just don't under power them.
Agreed. One would not want silk or soft dome tweeters. Outdoors need the harsher highs of metal domes.
Plenty of clean power is always good to get the most of the speakers.