PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Repair/Rebuild on a Chevy/GM 4L80E?

HaulinAss
03-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Well one thing I cant seem to find these days is a good transmission hookup,they seem to be scarce these days.My dually trans decided to just fukk up out of the blue today.Looking for someone that can fix this bitch ASAP and do the R&R as I sure as hell wont.Ill work on almost any car/truck or boat for the most part but you aint catching me getting under this heavy ass bitch any time soon :D
Anyhow,looking for a reputable,DECENT priced hookup.It is a 1993 Fullsize Chevy 3500 1 Ton 2wd.Motor is a 454,trans is a 4L80E.Any info would be appreciated :)
Pm me with details! Located in San Jose/Santa Clara NORCAL

NOTALENT
03-23-2007, 08:59 AM
PM Sent.

victorfb
03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
i have a 4L80E trans from a 91 GMC 4x4 duelly. i bought it brand new from GM and only used it for maybe 3 months. not sure how easy it is to change tail section for two wheel drive. truck is being parted out. baught new F550.

Schiada Time
03-23-2007, 12:10 PM
HaulinAss- I work for a custom truck mag and yesterday I went to install a fresh 4l80-E in my '99 Chevy 2500 with a 5.7 small block and they sent me the wrong Trans. They sent me a trans for an older truck with no boss for the nuetral safety switch. They are building me another Trans but this one has not been shipped back to them in Ohio yet. It is in Huntington beach. If you want it I can see how much they would sell it to you for.
Travis

HaulinAss
03-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanx for all the pms and leads.I need to look further into this thing and make sure it isnt an electrical issue.I went out today and EVERYTHING worked fine on the trans in all gears whereas the other day I had NO reverse,that was after disconnectting the battery and clearing the codes.IClearing the codes may just be coincidental however so I am also going to change the filter and oil and she what happens.Otherwise I will be in the market.
BTW I will need one for a 92-94.The newer trans is different than the later ones so I anyone has one from these model years that WORKS let me know.Again thanx for all the other leads!

HaulinAss
03-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Well it ended up being a shot trans for sure.I got a really good deal on one here locally and had it installed the same day.Again thanx for all the leads on others! Ahh its nice having a working trans again........Now time to hit the lakes :D

707dog
04-02-2007, 10:15 AM
this may sound wierd but i had a 99 tahoe and it started to have trans probs so i thought..not shifting,late shifting,and high rev shifting, just depended on its mood for the day...called up my buddy(trans man for g.m) he told me to go change my fuel filter and call him back...well holy chit trans was like new:jawdrop: not sure if your year is tyed in(electrical,fuel and what ever makes it think like that) like the 99 but just wanted to throw it out there for maybe a simple fix..good luck