PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

riverratrob
03-23-2007, 10:38 AM
I have a Advantage 28 sport cat o/b ,it has a pretty crappy sound system (1200wt Sony explode amp with 6 Sony speakers .My problem is when I am at the the river sandbar standing outside of my boat I can't hear s@#t .
Now I am looking to upgrade my speaker's and as I expected I am confused as what to do ,as I read on this forum JL seems to be the most talked about speakers out there? My brother has a buddy who does boat systems and he tells him that Hertz is the absolute best marine speaker out there (they are Italian :confused: ) . If any body has some tips I would truly appreciate it.

cmikeplay
04-04-2007, 04:52 AM
good luck geting it fixed. JL or Arc audio foose design , amps and speakers are both great.

thmper321
04-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Hertz is an Italian made speaker that is part of the Audioson family. They are not marine speakers per say but I have only felt that marine speakers are best used in salt water conditions. Its all really personal preference and everybody has had good experiances with any number of lines out there today. My advice is to stick with a quality name and buy something at a mid level point in there line up. Don't try to throw something in your boat that just requires more power to get the same performace. If the speaker is a 75 Watt rms speaker then make sure you are running somewher close to that in power to it. It is rare to see a speaker blow from too much power but more common to see it blow from a lack of power. Memphis, Kicker, Arc, Eclipse, JL, Rockford, and even Phoenix Gold RSD are all good solid lines to choose from. We put all Alpine type S speakers an my buddy's boat with great results.