PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here From MA

LeadSledMerc
03-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and I've got a lot to learn, but I was told by a friend that's on here (pancho), that this is the place to be if you dig V-Drives and fast boats.
This past year I brought home a '65 Stevens to MA out by Cape Cod. The boat came out of CA originally and was moved to MD a year or so ago I was told. It needs some work, but I should have it ready for next spring.
Come to find out it's got a little history to it, but I'm trying to peice the rest together.
It's been a lot of years since I've had a boat, but this one came up, so I grabbed it. I used to run around with a guy who had a Stevens and I've wanted one since I was a kid.
I'll try to post a couple of pics, maybe someone on here will recognize it.
Thanks in advance for the help.
LSM

Jordy
03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Clean looking boat. What's all the green stuff in the background though???? :confused: :eek: :D

SHOTKALLIN
03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
welcome.

voodoomedman
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27116&d=1174687841
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27117&d=1174687853

Aqua Boogie1
03-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Nice looking classic!! Welcome to the wet sandbox!!

jdogginla
03-23-2007, 02:44 PM
U sure that is your boat.......R u Blown Rayson? New Guy...1 post???

460 jus getn it
03-23-2007, 02:45 PM
U sure that is your boat.......R u Blown Rayson? New Guy...1 post???Stranger things have happened.........LMAO

OCMerrill
03-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I Spy........A HEMI in that there Stevens.

TRIMM MANN
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and I've got a lot to learn, but I was told by a friend that's on here (pancho), that this is the place to be if you dig V-Drives and fast boats.
This past year I brought home a '65 Stevens to MA out by Cape Cod. The boat came out of CA originally and was moved to MD a year or so ago I was told. It needs some work, but I should have it ready for next spring.
Come to find out it's got a little history to it, but I'm trying to peice the rest together.
It's been a lot of years since I've had a boat, but this one came up, so I grabbed it. I used to run around with a guy who had a Stevens and I've wanted one since I was a kid.
I'll try to post a couple of pics, maybe someone on here will recognize it.
Thanks in advance for the help.
LSM
I can tell you that pic was taken in Cape Cod:D

LeadSledMerc
03-24-2007, 03:24 AM
I Spy........A HEMI in that there Stevens.
That 354 HEMI is deffinately the best part of the story right now.
The guy that built the boats brother responded to a post on another forum and said the HEMI was personally built for his brother by none other than Joe Reath of Dunn & Reath fame. You may recall the Reath & Dunn rear engine funny car back in the 60's and Joe's reputation with HEMI's.
I had the all the covers off to check things out and it is still immaculate inside. It doesn't look like there's any hours on it at all. The way it was rigged in the boat, I don't think it's ever been out of it since it was built which would be cool, since it supposedly was all tricked out by Joe Reath when he built it.
Under the cracked paint on the hull, you can see where the name "Road Apple" was painted on both sides. I'm hoping someone will recognize it from the pictures and know a little more about it.
Does anyone recognize it???
Thanks also guys for the welcome on here. I had been lurking around for a while and this is a real cool place.
LSM

voodoomedman
03-24-2007, 04:07 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27146&d=1174735157

pancho
03-24-2007, 04:41 AM
that boat also has a cartoon character on the bow,lead can supply the details,he was told by the previous owners brother that the boat was enjoyed by the family for many years on the colorado river so this thing has to be familiar to someone,the guy he corresponded with said he had pics taken over many years on family outings but nothing ever came about,there are no seats or fuel tanks and it would be nice to see the original seating and maybe duplicate it.hey leadbutt lets see a pic of youre hotrod youre building!,dont be scared

pancho
03-24-2007, 04:45 AM
you guys crack me up,youre just dying for blownrayson to show up so you can take him to the town center and have an old fashion lynchin yessiree

DelawareDave
03-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Welcome, Keith (LSM). Glad to see you finally posting some pics. Good looking boat, for a V-drive, that is, lol. :D
DD

Havasu1986
03-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Welcome LSM...Oh yea Red Sox Sucks!!!

LeadSledMerc
03-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Welcome LSM...Oh yea Red Sox Sucks!!!
HAHAHA
Being an import into MA from CT, I proudly admit I have to agree with you...oh yea, GO YANKEES!!!!
DelawareDave - Hey Dave, those tanks would have looked real nice all cleaned up in that v-drive, ehhh!
LSM

LeadSledMerc
03-25-2007, 07:17 AM
hey leadbutt lets see a pic of youre hotrod youre building!,dont be scared
leadbutt?? pancho, you're lucky your headin out of town!!
Here's a pic of my tow rig I'm hoping to have on the road in a couple of months. The Stevens should look pretty 60's hooked up to it!!::D

Wet Dream
03-25-2007, 07:22 AM
HAHAHA
Being an import into MA from CT, I proudly admit I have to agree with you...oh yea, GO YANKEES!!!!
LSM
yankees????? Are you shittin' me? Those over priced pussy nothings. UGH. :D yankees, hahahaha :hammer2:
Oh, and welcome. ;)

Debbolas
03-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Welcome! :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27189&d=1174835753
I know I'm only a girl, but this car looks older than 1960:jawdrop:
Scream and I will be out at Baltimore in September or October:D We are always looking for Hot Boaters out that way to meet ;)

Wet Dream
03-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Welcome! :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27189&d=1174835753
I know I'm only a girl, but this car looks older than 1960:jawdrop:
YA THINK???? The BOAT is 60's era. :rolleyes: Here is his quote:
The Stevens should look pretty 60's hooked up to it!!:
Translation: The Stevens (the boat, 1965) should look pretty 60's (yeah, thats the decade of the boat, again) hooked up to it (IT, being the car).

photo chick
03-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Wow someone's in rare form this morning....what no wheaties for breakfast??
YA THINK???? The BOAT is 60's era. :rolleyes: Here is his quote:
The Stevens should look pretty 60's hooked up to it!!:
Translation: The Stevens (the boat, 1965) should look pretty 60's (yeah, thats the decade of the boat, again) hooked up to it (IT, being the car).

Wet Dream
03-25-2007, 08:47 AM
I haven't had Wheaties since they took Bruce Jenner off the box. :mad:

Debbolas
03-25-2007, 11:20 AM
He's always bitchy like that;) I think he might have PMS or something:D

pancho
03-26-2007, 05:32 AM
bump!