PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Dog Could This Be??

HocusPocus
02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
This little guy appears to have been abandoned by the roadside, it was discovered this morning while the wife was taking my oldest girl to school. Phelan is very rural for those that arn't familiar with the area.. no houses nearby no sign of any other dogs around. im not real familiar with breeds, when i was a kid all we ever had was mutts so im kinda curious if anyone is familiar enough with dogs can maybe give us a hint at what it could be? gotta wait for my other kids to get home from school to meet the newest member of the family and to give him a name, they always wanted a dog, now they got one.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9510100_0077.jpg

FMluvswater
02-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Looks like a husky mix to me. :idea: OMG! He's so cute and so little! Somebody abandoned him ... in a remote area? :( Lil guy is real lucky you found him. :clover:

racecar.hotshoe
it has husky in it...........

Mrs. Bordsmnj
He is the adorable kind!! :) Congrats on the new addition!!!

NOTALENT
02-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Damn...that is an awesome looking dog...congrats on the audition to the family.

FMluvswater
02-03-2006, 10:44 AM
This little guy appears to have been abandoned by the roadside, it was discovered this morning while the wife was taking my oldest girl to school. Phelan is very rural for those that arn't familiar with the area.. no houses nearby no sign of any other dogs around. im not real familiar with breeds, when i was a kid all we ever had was mutts so im kinda curious if anyone is familiar enough with dogs can maybe give us a hint at what it could be? gotta wait for my other kids to get home from school to meet the newest member of the family and to give him a name, they always wanted a dog, now they got one.
Googled husky and found this image of "Siberian husky pup" for comparison ....
http://www.mercadolibre.com.pe/org-img/preview/MPE/062005/63087_2993.jpg

Cole Trickle
02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
It's an albino Wolverine!!!
RUN.............
Congrats cute pup. :)

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
what a great looking dog. You are lucky!!!

Mrs. casean
02-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Poor little guy! Glad you came accross and found him! He's so cute! Congrats on your lucky find :D

FREIND OF AA AND TA
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Googled husky and found this image of "Siberian husky pup" for comparison ....
http://www.mercadolibre.com.pe/org-img/preview/MPE/062005/63087_2993.jpg
Good find!!

FMluvswater
02-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Another breed that crossed my mind was malamute ... Google link to breeder's page (don't allow hotlinking of image)
malamute puppy (http://www.puppypurebred.com/index.php/cPath/1_33)
Like I let that stop me, lol print screen and crop
http://new.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11026

spectras only
02-03-2006, 10:57 AM
It's either husky or samoid . Very nice and friendly dogs .

HocusPocus
thanks for the info.. it does look a little like a husky. he has turned over his water and food bowl several times then peed on the floor once.. just making himself at home :) taking him to the vet on monday for shots, checkup and seeing about getting him fixed. my youngest daughter (4), can't take her eyes off of him and with 3 other kids he is gonna get lots of attention.

SummitKarl
yup that's a Siberian Husky, I had one as a kid "Suka"
KILLER!!!!!! family dogs, best friend your child will ever have.
watch out they are SUPER STRONG, watched mine RIP 1" chain like it was nothing. they have GREAT personalities to put up with children.

02HoWaRd26
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I would have to agree with wolverine, but either way that is a cute lil pup

deltarat
02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
That dog looks bad ass, good find. Congrats

rivercrazy
02-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Looks part Siberian. But their ears are typically erect at birth.
Siberians are awesome dogs. Very friendly. They typically love EVERYONE. Only downside is they shed quite a bit and like to wander. They also are efficient diggers!

rivercrazy
02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Here's a picture of our 12 year old Siberian:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3714Picture048-med.jpg

MAINEVENT
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
All this talk about new dog's..... :cry: I want one.... :cry:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-03-2006, 11:53 AM
All this talk about new dog's..... :cry: I want one.... :cry:
I feel your pain!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :rollside: :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
02-03-2006, 11:54 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want her!!!!!!!!!

MAINEVENT
02-03-2006, 11:54 AM
I feel your pain!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :rollside: :rollside:
But i have a secret.......... :idea:

Old Texan
02-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Cute little fella. Sounds like he got lucky and found a great home. :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
02-03-2006, 11:58 AM
But i have a secret.......... :idea:
I know it i know it!!!! Hes cuuuuuuute too! :p

maxwedge
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
He's going to be pretty big, judging by the size of those paws. Good job on the rescue. :)

H20 Toie
02-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Great you found my dog i have been looking all over for him, i come get him as soon as he is house trained :)

SummitKarl
02-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Here's a picture of our 12 year old Siberian:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3714Picture048-med.jpg
how cool.....red ones are supose to be ultra rare :)

rivercrazy
02-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Red is more rare than any other husky except the all white ones. Black and Grey are the most common.
Now that we've had a husky, it would be very hard to want any other kind of dog. They are awesome dogs

Acommanderguy
02-03-2006, 01:27 PM
I have one... She is 5 years old and Just Amazing! Best dog I have ever had. She is Smart, Playful, and very gentle. I have a 6 Month old kitten that she plays with. Its an Amazing sight to watch the 2 of them roll around on the carpet. She is very trusting also. I cant stress to you how perfect thesedogs are for young kids. I did alot of research before I went out and spent 1500 bucks on my dog. I found a guy who actually races them in the iditron and breeds them for the movies. I am very lucky to have found her.

Mrs.HLB1
02-03-2006, 01:28 PM
We had a husky for 12 years. He was awesome..great with family, kids etc. They do like to run though.... We now have a German Shepherd. She is a great dog also.
Good luck with your new familly member!
Mrs.HLB

SummitKarl
02-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Red is more rare than any other husky except the all white ones. Black and Grey are the most common.
Now that we've had a husky, it would be very hard to want any other kind of dog. They are awesome dogs
wish I could have one again but it's just TOO hot in Havi for one, I had to settle for the mini version, to handle the heat
It took mine 5yrs but just burried her first bone yesterday... :rolleyes: :)

rivercrazy
02-03-2006, 01:40 PM
wish I could have one again but it's just TOO hot in Havi for one, I had to settle for the mini version, to handle the heat
It took mine 5yrs but just burried her first bone yesterday... :rolleyes: :)
We take ours to the river all the time but won't let him stay outside in the summer. Its either in the river (loves to swim) or inside the house.
But our climate in socal is pretty hot and the dog is outside most of the days. But rarely 110-120.

Desert Rat
02-03-2006, 01:44 PM
They have ALOT of energy!! If you do not exercise them the will tear up your yard. I had a male that liked to crew everything, I would take hime for a 3+ mile RUN, him running and me sitting on the tailgate of my El Camino with the wife driving. It took that almost every day to tire him out and he stopped chewing

Redneck
02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Id have to agree with everyone on the husky breed but another to consider I could be wrong but it looks like it might get big is maybe an Akita mix too. We have a 156 lb akita here at the house very good dog.

HocusPocus
02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
They have ALOT of energy!! If you do not exercise them the will tear up your yard. I had a male that liked to crew everything, I would take hime for a 3+ mile RUN, him running and me sitting on the tailgate of my El Camino with the wife driving. It took that almost every day to tire him out and he stopped chewing
i have 1 1/4 acres all fenced in.. it should give him plenty of running room. if thats not enough i may have to take up jogging. :cool: