PDA

View Full Version : Buy it now ......

Jbb
03-23-2007, 06:39 PM
for 210k (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Folland-Gnat-British-Royal-Air-Force-Jet-RRoyce-engine_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63677QQitemZ1300 91898483QQrdZ1)

Run_em_Hard
03-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Wonder if they would take cash:D

DaveA
03-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Kool little hotrod. Thanks for posting this, Brian.
Acquaintance of mine down in SC has one. He's a paraplegic and still a heck of a pilot. I'll have to stop in on my way to the beach this spring and see whats up with it. Been a couple of years since I saw it up close and personal.
I love the way some people go to great lengths to keep us from learning the registration of the airplane, hence the owner. Even obscured the other aircraft's N-numbers so I couldn't make an association. Oh well, only reason I was curious is because I've seen a photo of this thing before. Paint job ain't exactly military correct...there's only about 25 of these things registered in the US right now, and a few more in crates.

nodigg
03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Tha'd get me form OC to Havi in about 30 minutes! Wonder what the burn rate would be?

Jbb
03-24-2007, 03:09 PM
First thing after I get it ....That disgusting paint gotta go.......

OutCole'd
03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Tribal?

Jbb
03-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Orange pearl....:)

beaverretriever
03-24-2007, 03:31 PM
LOL, I thought it kind of looked like this.
HMMMM... ? Btw, I like this boat.
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/125.jpg
http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/93/40/ae8c_12.JPG

maxwedge
03-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Looks like a good time... or for the average guy, an excellent way to get very sick, dizzy, and possibly passed out in short order.:D
I'm wondering where does one go to get maintenence or an annual on a RAF military jet in this country? I see enough surplus foreign military jets in Aero-Trader and such that there must be places that specialize in this type of thing?

beaverretriever
03-24-2007, 05:52 PM
:D :D :D :D
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/Woodenedsel/ultra.gif
NO TREADMILLS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS POST
:D :D :D
OMG that photo chop is so fricken funny :D
Hey, you have me to thank for the treadmill post. :D

Jbb
03-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Looks like a good time... or for the average guy, an excellent way to get very sick, dizzy, and possibly passed out in short order.:D
I'm wondering where does one go to get maintenence or an annual on a RAF military jet in this country? I see enough surplus foreign military jets in Aero-Trader and such that there must be places that specialize in this type of thing?
Why......you do it yourself.....of course...:D

YeLLowBoaT
03-24-2007, 06:11 PM
The real prob with jets like that is finding an airport that will let you take off and land from. The noise restrictions are a bitch to deal with. The real cost of those the cost per hour in fuel and parts( annuals are not that bad) Its just when its costing you 2-5k a hour to keep the thing in the air it tends to hurt.
fighters = bricks with engine and control surfaces.

Jbb
03-24-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that you're not a real positive person :p
Glass half empty kinda guy....:D

Jbb
03-24-2007, 06:26 PM
The real prob with jets like that is finding an airport that will let you take off and land from. The noise restrictions are a bitch to deal with. The real cost of those the cost per hour in fuel and parts( annuals are not that bad) Its just when its costing you 2-5k a hour to keep the thing in the air it tends to hurt.
fighters = bricks with engine and control surfaces.
Around here it doesnt seem to be a problem....
and besides .....If you are having fun.....isn't it worth it.......
eject eject eject..... :jawdrop:

DaveA
03-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Glass half empty kinda guy....:D
Yea, after all, when you're talking about 210k acquisition price, who cares? Trust me, there's a couple of guys out there that have a stack of Folland maintenance manuals and were trained by the Queen's boys to work on them. And they love living in the States. So $210k is just the price of admission to the JP Club. All the rest is operating costs. Save up.
Noise? In Cheraw, SC, who cares? 20% of the township will turn out just to watch it fly!
Point is, when you're dreaming- might as well Dream Big. No buzzkillers allowed.
Right?