PDA

View Full Version : Max is missing.............

Mandelon
02-03-2006, 10:58 AM
My daughter (10) bought a tadpole many months ago. It came with a plastic tank with rocks, and a little beach dealio. It was supposed to sprout legs and become a frog. Well this little guy, (Max, she named him) took 8 months to sprout legs. He had to be the slowest little future froggy ever.
Finally a few weeks ago he began to get decidedly frog like. Legs. Real actual frog legs sprouted. The kids were pretty excited to see this nature stuff going on in the guest room.
We have two cats. They were extremely fascinated with this little green blob thing. The tank had a lid, but the cats were successful in removing it a couple of times. The guest room was thusly dedicated as a "No Cat Area." We kept the door closed. Mostly.......
This morning I heard one of the cats. Turns out she spent the night in the guest room. Just her and Max. I let her out this morning. Ooops.
Anyway my daughter wakes up and goes to check on Max. Uh oh. Max is not in his little resort. The lid is off. I told her that the cat spent the night in that room.......she got this horrified look on her face....... :cry: Now, she loves the cat to death and sleeps with it and hugs her close all night.
We will look for the frog. Maybe he hopped under the bed or hid behind the dresser. I am not holding out hope for little Max, though.
I told my son about it, he's 12. I explained the situation. He thought we should look around the house for the frog. I said we should follow the cat around with a bag....he thought for a second and then suggested that we could get our feline a catscan.....
We were going to let the frog go, anyway so I don't think they will be too sad for long. They have a good grasp on how nature works.
Poor cat. Her meows sound funny now. She must have a frog in the throat. :cool:

Biglue
02-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Did you build that up purposely? LOL

02HoWaRd26
02-03-2006, 11:11 AM
so is this a true story or was someone alittle bored

AvengerBabe
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Had a frog that got out of the tank once... who knows how long he spent on the carpet, but i'm sure it didn't take long for the carpet to suck all of the moisture out of his little body... When we found him it was like picking up a starfish--very brittle. It wasn't pretty. At least your cat got a little treat!

Mandelon
02-03-2006, 11:22 AM
True story, just having a little fun with it. Happened this morning. At least he was cheap. They also have a Beta fighting fish in a bowl in their bathroom. The cats have a keen interest in it. I think they like to drink its water....its like soup maybe? Its a deep bowl so I think that fish is OK.

OnlyMoney
02-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Had a frog that got out of the tank once... who knows how long he spent on the carpet, but i'm sure it didn't take long for the carpet to suck all of the moisture out of his little body... When we found him it was like picking up a starfish--very brittle. It wasn't pretty. At least your cat got a little treat!
I'm thinking this might be what's going to end up happening. Maybe frogs don't taste good raw. :rollside:
Good luck with finding it and keep any eye on the fishy.

maxwedge
02-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Last night really sucked! I hate when I almost get eaten by the cat like that. Luckily I escaped and found this computer. :crossx:

OutCole'd
02-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your tragic loss Mandy. I just had a moment of silence to show my true sorrow.
I will say a prayer for Max, then next time I say a prayer.

Phat Matt
02-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Condolences to your families loss. :(

SummitKarl
02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Me-RIBBIT-ow :)

barbigrl
02-03-2006, 02:15 PM
My daughter (10) bought a tadpole many months ago. It came with a plastic tank with rocks, and a little beach dealio. It was supposed to sprout legs and become a frog. Well this little guy, (Max, she named him) took 8 months to sprout legs. He had to be the slowest little future froggy ever.
Finally a few weeks ago he began to get decidedly frog like. Legs. Real actual frog legs sprouted. The kids were pretty excited to see this nature stuff going on in the guest room.
We have two cats. They were extremely fascinated with this little green blob thing. The tank had a lid, but the cats were successful in removing it a couple of times. The guest room was thusly dedicated as a "No Cat Area." We kept the door closed. Mostly.......
This morning I heard one of the cats. Turns out she spent the night in the guest room. Just her and Max. I let her out this morning. Ooops.
Anyway my daughter wakes up and goes to check on Max. Uh oh. Max is not in his little resort. The lid is off. I told her that the cat spent the night in that room.......she got this horrified look on her face....... :cry: Now, she loves the cat to death and sleeps with it and hugs her close all night.
We will look for the frog. Maybe he hopped under the bed or hid behind the dresser. I am not holding out hope for little Max, though.
I told my son about it, he's 12. I explained the situation. He thought we should look around the house for the frog. I said we should follow the cat around with a bag....he thought for a second and then suggested that we could get our feline a catscan.....
We were going to let the frog go, anyway so I don't think they will be too sad for long. They have a good grasp on how nature works.
now don't laugh....but I bought the same Beach Frog thing about 3 years ago.....where the tadpoles come in the mail.... hehee...yes I know I am wierd, anyway mine ended up not making it...I put him on the beach too soon. :( Currently I have a tree frog, in which I have had for about 4 years now. My cat does not care about him...probably because my cat is to fat and lazy. :rolleyes:
Good luck Mandelon.... you should get another tadpole!! :rollside:

barbigrl
02-03-2006, 02:19 PM
lol...my fat tree frog got out once too....somehow he ended up in my bathroom in the drawer way in the back....another time I found him on the bathroom window...just sticking to it.. :p i love that frog...

Mandelon
02-03-2006, 02:25 PM
MAX LIVES !!!!!!
He 's alive...!!!
My daughter found him hiding under the dresser!!!
The cat is out of the doghouse. :cool:

OutCole'd
02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
MAX LIVES !!!!!!
He 's alive...!!!
My daughter found him hiding under the dresser!!!
The cat is out of the doghouse. :cool:
That is such great news !! I have been sitting here depressed all day!

Mandelon
03-21-2006, 01:47 PM
unfortunate update:
R.I.P. Max the frog. :cry: :cry:
Max unfortunately passed sometime yesterday. He was found in about 2" of water. Foul play is not suspected at this time. It would appear that Max either ate too much, ate too little or forgot how to swim.
A brief service will be held next to the palm tree in the back yard tonight at 5:00 pm :rolleyes:

carreraelite
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Maybe he just...Maxed out....

OutCole'd
03-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry to hear the terrible news Mandy.... Your family is in my prayers.... especially the wife.

MagicMtnDan
03-21-2006, 02:41 PM
http://www.paulsview.com/images/frog_in_mouth.jpeg

Red Horse
03-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Are yall looking to sue over this. Wrongful death can mean lots of money for loved ones.

shueman
03-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Max croak'd.....

Phat Matt
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Are you going to have any appetizers at the 5pm service?
http://www.travellady.com/images/fondoffrogs1.jpg

wsuwrhr
03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I was all sad, then I was happy, and then you crushed me Mandy.
Brian

OutCole'd
03-21-2006, 05:58 PM
LMAO!!! You heartless bastard. The guy is obviously depressed then you post this shiat.
I'm proud of you.

Schiada76
03-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Sounds like Max was a toad and you drowned him.
Toad abuser. :p

Mandelon
03-21-2006, 08:01 PM
my daughter made a headstone out of popsicle sticks. Kids are so cute. :p

Huckleberry
03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
This is just WRONG! Funny as hell...But wrong! Good one Matt!