PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here PUMP CONCRETE?

Riverat84
03-24-2007, 10:32 PM
hey it seems like a great buisiness to get into pulling a tandem axle diesel concrete pumper from site to site...can anyone weigh in on what the best ways are to get into this industry? im just testing the water, but VERY interested!....let me know!
reid

Phat Matt
03-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Try this guy.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=7404

Riverat84
03-25-2007, 08:18 AM
sweet..thanx matt

imnigel
03-25-2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=11176
Deano's Family does too.

Riverat84
03-25-2007, 10:08 AM
AWESOME thanx.

Deano
03-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I was pretty much born into the industry. Larger boom pumps, rock pumps, and the smaller trailer pumps you are talking about.
We used to run a few pea gravel pumps around, but now just hold interest in a company.
It's a tough business and more of a "who you know" kinda thing. There are alot of little tricks to running them, but most of all common sense.
You need to do alot of hustling.....selling, chasing money, and pumping at the same time.
The best way to get in is to get a job with someone. Train for atleast six months then buy your own. Backstabbers don't get anywhere either. You will always need your competition to help you out.....and them you.
It is possible to make some pretty good money:)

ROZ
03-25-2007, 12:32 PM
contact nashvillebound as well. This is what he use to do before he went all BIG TIME on us! :D

Screemy1
03-25-2007, 12:38 PM
kinda bad time to start.... you can still make money... but the home equity boom a few years back would have been a good time... now there just is not as much compared to then....

Xlration Marine
03-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Go to the gym. Get used to swinging a sledge hammer, take a secound language. Get some good water proof boots. Gym cuz the hoses are heavy, and hot when sitting in the sun.Sledge hammer, to beat the snott out of the hot hose when it plugs, cuz it will. And learn a secound language cuz they don't speak inglish very well. And boots cuz when you wash that sucker down you will be wadding in mud like a hogg. Thats just the way it is. Go work for some one before you make that investment. You can do better with a 16 or 18 wheel dump truck.

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Ask Ratso. He's pumped everything at one time or another.

Debbolas
03-25-2007, 02:57 PM
When we poured the cement for the Lytle Creek Ranger Station........they let me hold the hose:D (Knocked me on my ass;))

Jrocket
03-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Go to the gym. Get used to swinging a sledge hammer, take a secound language. Get some good water proof boots. Gym cuz the hoses are heavy, and hot when sitting in the sun.Sledge hammer, to beat the snott out of the hot hose when it plugs, cuz it will. And learn a secound language cuz they don't speak inglish very well. And boots cuz when you wash that sucker down you will be wadding in mud like a hogg. Thats just the way it is. Go work for some one before you make that investment. You can do better with a 16 or 18 wheel dump truck.
That sums it up.

Riverat84
03-25-2007, 03:27 PM
hey thanx ALOT everyone for your honest replies....i want to find someone to work for, but other than the yellow pages, i dont know where to find em...ill talk to our gen. contracter that just finished our house...