PDA

View Full Version : How do you "delete" people from your life?

ratso
03-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Ever so often, I "clean house" when it comes to certain people... certain friends, for whatever reason. Some, it might be over money I've loaned and never been repaid... others might have too much "drama" that they bring to my life... some I might just be tired of banging, especially if that's all we ever had together and there are no other aspects to the relationship... and some, maybe I wanted to bang but never got the opportunity (yes, I've run across rejection a time or two)... you know, the ones that will bang everything around you, except for you lol... ;)
Anyway, so what do you do... go into "Ignore Mode"?
I usually ignore, delete them from my phone, stop taking their calls... even delete them from myspace (if that isn't a slap in the face, then I don't know what is?)
I had to do that to one of my married chicks last night...(about a 15 year relationship off and on) just too much BS all the time. We were supposed to "hook up" last night after I got the bar shut down, and it's really taken an act of congress lately to get together. I told her to meet me out at my place afterwards because I had friends over and we could hang out for awhile... and she commenced to go off about why we never have any alone time with each other, I always have friends around, and it's never nothing but a drunken orgy with all these people I hang out with anyway (honestly things have been quite tame around my place the past few months)... so she said I could take her to the Hilton if I wanted to be with her... I told her that she should take her husband to the Hilton sometime and maybe her marriage might improve...:jawdrop: ...then I turned and walked, and this chick knows me too fukkin' well... Delete...http://***boat.com/forums/images/smilies/00000002.gif
I think I've gotten about a phone call every 5 minutes... she's freaking out pretty bad...
So, how do you handle those things? Just walk away, no contact, no calls, no nothing??? Or, do you drag it out and let them down easy, and prolong the inevitable?http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Wet Dream
03-25-2007, 06:35 AM
I think I've gotten about a phone call every 5 minutes... she's freaking out pretty bad...
You got to her. You got her to realize that she's in a place she can't control. Thats pretty high on the "One Up" list. She's freaking out because she's been...whats the word I'm looking for?... basically, she heard "Honey, you really aren't that good" :D Girlie ain't getting her way when she wants it. :D

Shark Attack 065
03-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Take the call and tell her your done , don't drag it out !

photo chick
03-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Well I'd guess the correct thing to do is tell them they annoy you and you no longer want them around, however, I prefer the easy way out and I completely ignore them. Unfortunately, some people don't get a clue and you end up ignoring them for months and they look pretty pathetic!

ratso
03-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Take the call and tell her your done , don't drag it out !
Damn, where the Hell you come from Kevin? Long time no see... You gonna run the drags in Waco this year?

ratso
03-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Well I'd guess the correct thing to do is tell them they annoy you and you no longer want them around, however, I prefer the easy way out and I completely ignore them. Unfortunately, some people don't get a clue and you end up ignoring them for months and they look pretty pathetic!
I don't try to make people look pathetic, but it's kinda funny when they do it to theirselves...;)

Shark Attack 065
03-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Damn, where the Hell you come from Kevin? Long time no see... You gonna run the drags in Waco this year?
I know , I don't post here much anymore ? Hell yea I gonna run again this yr. after taking the championship last yr. I got te see if I can repeat ? Really would like to get down your way again and see what all you have got going on now ! How was your trip to the coast (.) (.) ?

Devil's Advocate
03-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Ever so often, I "clean house" when it comes to certain people... certain friends, for whatever reason. Some, it might be over money I've loaned and never been repaid... others might have too much "drama" that they bring to my life... some I might just be tired of banging, especially if that's all we ever had together and there are no other aspects to the relationship... and some, maybe I wanted to bang but never got the opportunity (yes, I've run across rejection a time or two)... you know, the ones that will bang everything around you, except for you lol... ;)
I usually ignore, delete them from my phone, stop taking their calls... even delete them from myspace (if that isn't a slap in the face, then I don't know what is?)
I had to do that to one of my married chicks last night...(about a 15 year relationship off and on) just too much BS all the time. We were supposed to "hook up" last night after I got the bar shut down, and it's really taken an act of congress lately to get together. I told her to meet me out at my place afterwards because I had friends over and we could hang out for awhile... and she commenced to go off about why we never have any alone time with each other, I always have friends around, and it's never nothing but a drunken orgy with all these people I hang out with anyway (honestly things have been quite tame around my place the past few months)... so she said I could take her to the Hilton if I wanted to be with her... I told her that she should take her husband to the Hilton sometime and maybe her marriage might improve...:jawdrop: ...then I turned and walked, and this chick knows me too fukkin' well... Delete...http://***boat.com/forums/images/smilies/00000002.gif
So, how do you handle those things? Just walk away, no contact, no calls, no nothing??? Or, do you drag it out and let them down easy, and prolong the inevitable?http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
One courtesy "see ya later, thanks for the times" call. Then that's it. There's plenty of good reasons to let that situation go anyway and that's only going to be a drama with the married chicks. Hmmm...I think you like drama a little bit.http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif :D

Jyruiz
03-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Why are you even messing with a married woman? That is pretty low Ratso

ratso
03-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Why are you even messing with a married woman? That is pretty low Ratso
...because they have to go home in the morning? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
...and that would be "plural";)
That particular situation is about staying together for the kids... good life... good money... and he is "aware" that things are going on with her. And really, don't act like cheating wives are something new...

EAZYKILLER2006
03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
wow, not sure.... i never been in that situation.. all my friends, even the new one... we have had for many years...we never judge ppl, and take everyone as they are...no reason to give anyone the boot...the only one i can say i dont talk to any more is dennis...
wow:( lol i did deny the myspace add, changed my number, restricted my number :( and dont except the work calls ...oh well, my bad, i guess i did just what i was going to say, to you...
"not" to do...
yea shes married who needs the drama...quick and painless, best way...

hoolign
03-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Tell Lucky you just wanna be friends!

Jyruiz
03-25-2007, 11:44 AM
...because they have to go home in the morning? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
...and that would be "plural";)
That particular situation is about staying together for the kids... good life... good money... and he is "aware" that things are going on with her. And really, don't act like cheating wives are something new...
I know they do, but no matter what, I would not get involved with a married woman, and with all the single women out there, I don't see why one should.

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I would not get involved with a married woman...
What does what you would do have to do with Ratso?
Stop acting like a chick and trying to change him. :D :D :D

Jbb
03-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I have tried to delete Brown from my internet life.....but he keeps sending me pictures of fat chicks in party hats .......:D

hoolign
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Brown....you have been deleted
If it's good enough for Canucky to delete Brown....well then damnit ..I'm deleting him too!~
No more calls for you at 03:00 BROWN...AND THIS IS YOUR DOING! :mad:

hoolign
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I have tried to delete Brown from my internet life.....but he keeps sending me pictures of fat chicks in party hats .......:D
Likely just chopped pics of Holy Moly!:mad:

photo chick
03-25-2007, 11:54 AM
He keeps sending me pictures of you and Hooli in nothing but party hats:confused:

hoolign
03-25-2007, 11:55 AM
He keeps sending me pictures of you and Hooli in nothing but party hats:confused:
Impossible...we never wear hats!:mad:

ratso
03-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Impossible...we never wear hats!:mad:
lmao...:D

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Face it, you're powerless to the aesthetics of the party hat.

hoolign
03-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh great ..Brown the superhero,,and his weapon of choice?? a 82 cent party hat..... We're doooooomed!
:D

Jbb
03-25-2007, 12:01 PM
agreed..:jawdrop:

hoolign
03-25-2007, 12:04 PM
agreed..:jawdrop:
Not if you run with the " AntiAuto shit capacitator IV with reverberating discombooberator checkvalve"

hoolign
03-25-2007, 12:06 PM
That is still better than a $1.00 garage sale sombraro
Amongst other treasures I managed to save! :D She'll never let me hear the end of that! :D

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Will you people stay on topic?!!! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Good thread, Ratso. I haven't deleted too many male friends from my life over the years, although there have been a couple. My experience with women has not been so simple.
I've read on this site how some people don't tolerate drama and kick a woman to the curb at the first sign of it. Often, others will chime in their agreement to this position. Either they're lying or they're living alone trying to kick one out to the jewelry models on the shopping channel.
Any woman I've ever known in more than an extremely passing way has served up at least some drama. I would imagine guys do it too, although perhaps to a lesser extent.
Anyway, how do you tell someone they've crossed the threshold of drama tolerance and are no longer welcome in your life? How do you tell them that last week, they were good enough to be your friend and this week, when they feel like life is kicking the shit out of them and want someone to listen, they are no longer good enough to be your friend?
From what I can tell, when a woman you hardly know is screaming at you that you're a self serving piece of shit for never asking for her number and calling her, it's probably not a rational thought that they've mulled over at length.
It has to be pretty bad for me to hang up on someone. It's happened, but it's rare.
Chicks may have the best orgasms but they also seem plagued with orgasms of anger that build and build to a crescendo of hate before crashing down to sobs of melancholy.
... so how do I handle it? I basically don't. I ignore but only temporarily, perhaps for a coupe of weeks at worst. If I see them again, I pretend the drama orgasm never happened and, invariably, they do too. That's when they start calling me again. I always welcome their calls. Of course, over a period of time, the drama builds until I'm sick of it again and start the cycle over.
I have to go. 18K Gold Showcase is coming on.

Jbb
03-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Will you people stay on topic?!!! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Chicks may have the best orgasms but they also seem plagued with orgasms of anger that build and build to a crescendo of hate before crashing down to sobs of melancholy.
.....pearls .....:D

Jbb
03-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Brown sure does get windy when he has been deleted
Tell him to shut up....he listens to you....:D

hoolign
03-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Who?? :confused:

ratso
03-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Who?? :confused:
I'm really amazed how ya'll can take some of these topics and "run with em" the way ya'll do lol...:D
Very very entertaining!

hoolign
03-25-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm really amazed how ya'll can take some of these topics and "run with em" the way ya'll do lol...:D
Very very entertaining!
What?? :confused:

ratso
03-25-2007, 12:34 PM
You started this topic and we're being blamed??????????:D
Just being blamed for making my head spin!;) Geezus!:D

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 12:48 PM
So, how do you handle those things? Just walk away, no contact, no calls, no nothing???
Has anyone ever explained to someone that they've lost interest or that it isn't working out for them, for whatever reason, and had the other person understand? Anyone? Ever?

ratso
03-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Has anyone ever explained to someone that they've lost interest or that it isn't working out for them, for whatever reason, and had the other person understand? Anyone? Ever?
Good point...;)

photo chick
03-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Nope can't say as that's ever happened to me.....BTW Mr. Brown not all chicks are plagued with orgasms of anger.....this chick is happy all the time:D :D Absolutely no drama here:)

Biglue
03-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Damn Ratso, you're banging around with this married woman and now she's losing it over what you told her last night. Could you imagine what she is like to be around? Her husband and kids are probably concerened or at the very least curious as to what's troubling mom. Those are the real victims in my opinion. Could you imagine having to deal with your wife being so upset, and only to find out it is a result of an affair? I'm not criticizing you, so don't think of it in that aspect. I'm only thinking about the scenario if I were in that husband's shoes. What if it was you in his shoes? I have heard you say that you would trade all of your sex-capades and the diferent women for what some of your friend's have with their long time wives. What if that was so and there was "a Ratso" causing you this grief?? There is plenty of women to bang around with, my only question is why contribute to the demise of a married couple with children? I think I'd feel pretty lame about myself. Now don't get me wrong, I think many of us if not all have many of those same urges to plug anything that comes across our paths, but I have to ask, why mess with a married woman? On top of all the grief such a situation can create there is always the possibility of an angry husband doing stupid shit to their wife's lovers. I guess my question is, "is it really worth it?"

Jbb
03-25-2007, 01:51 PM
:D :D :D :D

ratso
03-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Damn Ratso, you're banging around with this married woman and now she's losing it over what you told her last night. Could you imagine what she is like to be around? Her husband and kids are probably concerened or at the very least curious as to what's troubling mom. Those are the real victims in my opinion. Could you imagine having to deal with your wife being so upset, and only to find out it is a result of an affair? I'm not criticizing you, so don't think of it in that aspect. I'm only thinking about the scenario if I were in that husband's shoes. What if it was you in his shoes? I have heard you say that you would trade all of your sex-capades and the diferent women for what some of your friend's have with their long time wives. What if that was so and there was "a Ratso" causing you this grief?? There is plenty of women to bang around with, my only question is why contribute to the demise of a married couple with children? I think I'd feel pretty lame about myself. Now don't get me wrong, I think many of us if not all have many of those same urges to plug anything that comes across our paths, but I have to ask, why mess with a married woman? On top of all the grief such a situation can create there is always the possibility of an angry husband doing stupid shit to their wife's lovers. I guess my question is, "is it really worth it?"
Lue... when I walk, I walk. She's a big girl, she'll get over it. I know, she knows, and her husband knows that there will be someone else to fill whatever void is missing from their marriage. She cheated on him when I was out of the picture during two of my marriages also. As far as being confronted by husbands or boyfriends, yes, that has happened, and there have been consequences, and I have thought about what could happen should one of these people "snap"... but that could be anybody. I've been jumped by someone that was pissed because he liked a chick and found out she was dating me and he is consumed with some sort of Death Wish for me that has been going on now for about 5 years. He was banging a couple exes of mine, and maybe it pisses him off that he can't get a rise out of me or he is jelous or he can't stand that I've already hit everything he goes after (another book)... He has gone after my son, he's a roid freak, and has assault charges out the ass... guy is a real nut job... Most people that know me realize that all it is to me is a piece of ass... I'm not going to steal their girl... maybe just borrow her for awhile... and it takes two. I never make the first move... I never do the approaching. If it ain't me, it'll be somebody else... and if they don't like it, they need to keep their bitch on a shorter leash.

Jbb
03-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Most people that know me realize that all it is to me is a piece of ass... I'm not going to steal their girl... maybe just borrow her for awhile....
lmao....He didnt lose his girl .....just his turn....:D
Ratso.....you rock.....:D

photo chick
03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
The life of Ratso........
Ok I've named the book Ratso, get writing would you......
I guarantee every HBer would buy it! :D

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 02:45 PM
.....this chick is happy all the time:D :D Absolutely no drama here:)
You know I love you PC, but if there are bigger drama queens than women who stress how they aren't drama queens, I've not met them.

photo chick
03-25-2007, 02:49 PM
You know I love you PC, but if there are bigger drama queens than women who stress how they aren't drama queens, I've not met them.
And you haven't truely met me yet...have you:D

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 02:50 PM
No but when I do, I'll wear a cup.

photo chick
03-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh now that's not necessary, I'm sweet and loveable, I told you I have no anger...no need for protection dear:D

Biglue
03-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Lue... when I walk, I walk. She's a big girl, she'll get over it. I know, she knows, and her husband knows that there will be someone else to fill whatever void is missing from their marriage. She cheated on him when I was out of the picture during two of my marriages also. As far as being confronted by husbands or boyfriends, yes, that has happened, and there have been consequences, and I have thought about what could happen should one of these people "snap"... but that could be anybody. I've been jumped by someone that was pissed because he liked a chick and found out she was dating me and he is consumed with some sort of Death Wish for me that has been going on now for about 5 years. He was banging a couple exes of mine, and maybe it pisses him off that he can't get a rise out of me or he is jelous or he can't stand that I've already hit everything he goes after (another book)... He has gone after my son, he's a roid freak, and has assault charges out the ass... guy is a real nut job... Most people that know me realize that all it is to me is a piece of ass... I'm not going to steal their girl... maybe just borrow her for awhile... and it takes two. I never make the first move... I never do the approaching. If it ain't me, it'll be somebody else... and if they don't like it, they need to keep their bitch on a shorter leash.
I hear you on the "if it ain't me, it'll be somebody else" bit. I mean, you seem like a half way cool cat. You own your business and appear to have some decent wits. And by the stories you share with us, getting women in the sack is not an issue (actually you're a bit a an idol :D ). Just wondered about the whole risk with messing with a married woman. For example the wack job you mentioned went after your boy. Just some unnecessary risks for the guy living a more conservative life, know what I mean?

Jbb
03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh now that's not necessary, I'm sweet and loveable, I told you I have no anger...no need for protection dear:D
I will kick him in the nudz for you....Bang!:D

Biglue
03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Is that to produce a "bulge effect" Tom? :D :D

PunkAssBitch
03-25-2007, 03:10 PM
3 words.
bye bye now
works every time.
dude...you're freakin' INVITING the drama into your world. Maybe you should take a good hard look at just exactly WHAT you're hittin' & why. Then maybe you wouldn't have to ask on the internet how to get rid of it all.
know what I'm sayin'? ;)

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 03:12 PM
know what I'm sayin'? ;)
With due respect, Mr. Bitch, I don't believe Ratso is asking how to get rid of people. He has taken care of himself just fine for a lot of years. I think he's a bit curious how other people handle it and he's trying to start a pleasant discourse.

PunkAssBitch
03-25-2007, 03:25 PM
With due respect, Mr. Bitch, I don't believe Ratso is asking how to get rid of people. He has taken care of himself just fine for a lot of years. I think he's a bit curious how other people handle it and he's trying to start a pleasant discourse.
I have tits, therefore...I am not a Mr. Please try again.
He asked a specific question, I answered.

dumbandyoung
03-25-2007, 03:27 PM
i hear restraining orders work great!;)

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I extend my sincere apologies to you, Miss Bitch.

PunkAssBitch
03-25-2007, 03:31 PM
I extend my sincere apologies to you, Miss Bitch.
Apology accepted Mr. Brown :)

Jbb
03-25-2007, 03:32 PM
He asked a specific question, I answered.
Brown has tits....and he's a Mr.....:jawdrop:

photo chick
03-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I will kick him in the nudz for you....Bang!:D
Thanks!! That's right you'll be there when we meet too....see Brown, Brian will save you:D

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 03:35 PM
....see Brown, Brian will save you:D
Yeah... I'll take that to the bank, Mrs. Chick.

PunkAssBitch
LMAO... but does he require a BRO?

photo chick
Brian...I must say you sure are intertaining!!! Who needs Sunday night football?

Jbb
Thanks!! That's right you'll be there when we meet too....see Brown, Brian will save you:D
Nope...busy that weekend....

Jbb
03-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Brian...I must say you sure are intertaining!!! Who needs Sunday night football?
You should see me in person...:D
Some even say.....entertaining....:p

Jbb
03-25-2007, 03:37 PM
LMAO... but does he require a BRO?
Manziere....

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm not fat. I have big glands.

Jbb
03-25-2007, 03:39 PM
see Brown, Brian will save you:D
Correction...Brian will push him to the ground....kick sand in his face.....take his lunch money......and buy you a lemonade....:D

photo chick
03-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Nope...busy that weekend....
Then you, my friend, are an intertaining flake!!!:D I even heard Brown prepared a lovely dinner for you that evening

PunkAssBitch
03-25-2007, 03:40 PM
and just which glands are you referring to?

photo chick
03-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Correction...Brian will push him to the ground....kick sand in his face.....take his lunch money......and buy you a lemonade....:D
Bully Brian!!!

Jbb
03-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Bully Brian!!!
It's a street cred thing....:D

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh boy, I remember the last time Jbb and I hooked up. That was a scene.
After knocking me down and going through my wallet, he became furious to discover it was filled with nothing but Canadian money and Bank of Nova Scotia traveller's cheques.

Jbb
03-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh boy, I remember the last time Jbb and I hooked up. That was a scene.
After knocking me down and going through my wallet, he became furious to discover it was filled with nothing but Canadian money and Bank of Nova Scotia traveller's cheques.
and that condom was still in there....since high school...

Tom Brown
03-25-2007, 04:17 PM
and that condom was still in there....since high school...
Hey, that Grad '78 condom is a collector's item.
That's going to do well for me on eBay. "New... old stock..."

Jbb
03-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Had to laugh when it said Magnum on it......That Brown ....always tryin to impress the ladies....back in the day ...he would introduce himself as..."Mandingo Brown".........good times!...:D

Misogynist
03-25-2007, 04:21 PM
One courtesy "see ya later, thanks for the times" call. Then that's it. There's plenty of good reasons to let that situation go anyway and that's only going to be a drama with the married chicks. Hmmm...I think you like drama a little bit.http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif :D
You could aways have some of your "stripper chick" girlfriends beat her up in the parking lot...... :devil: .. Oh wait... different story....... :devil: :devil:

ratso
03-26-2007, 07:42 AM
You could aways have some of your "stripper chick" girlfriends beat her up in the parking lot...... :devil: .. Oh wait... different story....... :devil: :devil:
Damn... you don't miss much!!!:D

Jetaholic
03-26-2007, 09:25 AM
The ULTIMATE party hats...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27347&d=1174929916

Ziggy
03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Hilton? She should have at least coined up for the Hyatt ...:D:D:D

40FlatDeck
03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
The last 4 or 5 sentences are classic.:D Ahhhhhh, don't hate the player, hate the game.:)

Misogynist
03-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Damn... you don't miss much!!!:D
Yeah... and I forget even less......... :eek: ........ :D

ratso
03-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Hilton? She should have at least coined up for the Hyatt ...:D:D:D
She already got "The Mansion On Turtle Creek", "The Anatole", and "The Driskell" out of me over the years... That is some high priced ass.:jawdrop:
I was thinking more like Motel 6 over on the seedy side of town. http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

lucky
03-26-2007, 10:50 AM
hell - buddy - if you don't have the awnsers ??? the world is ****ed :)
hey why don't you have her meet you at the hotel again - except this time tell her hubby where she is - maybe you can fix a marriage :)

lucky
03-26-2007, 10:52 AM
is this why you neve call or write lmao :D

ratso
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=lucky;2465218]hell - buddy - if you don't have the awnsers ??? the world is ****ed :)
QUOTE]
The title to this thread probably should have been worded differently.
I was actually asking how others delete people from their lives... and stated how I usually do it.;)

ratso
03-26-2007, 11:49 AM