PDA

View Full Version : Sandrail Info

spectratoad
03-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Well Yesterday I purchased a sandrail frame. All painted and just basically needs all of the other parts attached. I have some of the parts but need to get the rest.
Anyone have a good source for "stuff"? Wheels, transmission, fuel tank, seats, pedals, engine etc......
It is a VW setup also.
Thanks Todd

essexjet
03-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Kar Tek off road
http://www.kartek.com/
&
http://www.mckenzies.com/

wsuwrhr
03-25-2007, 08:29 AM
SB Products makes a few parts for your sandrail.
Kar Tek is a pretty good place to go for parts. Roy is one of the owners and is a peice of shit to deal with though.
I would rather recommend you to Car Craft in Riverside. Hard core VW guys from way back.
951-781-4480.
Family owned place, Ed is the owner, Shane is the son. Both good guys and Ed will take the time to help you out, he knows what he is talking about.
CarCraft (http://www.carcraftinc.com)
Brian

77charger
03-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I did the same 2 years ago bought alot of parts thru moore off road they have good prices on stuff you need.Some products you need to avoid are the latest rage brand.some of it is ok like engine tin,seat covers,alm gas tanks,some grab handles thats about it.When it comes to pedals look towards cnc they are pretty nice,Also did some buying from mackenzies too.Both are 5-15 minutes away from me.Look on glamis dunes.com in buggy parts for sale some people always have stuff for sale for buggies look around you might find wheels cheap motors here and there
trans look to rancho or kcr and you defintiely want the close ratio 3,4th gears tell them what you have as far as motor and frame size and go from there.

Flyinbowtie
03-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I have not been in there in a couple of years, but the guys at Fibercraft right there in Reno were always good to us. I also understand the people that bought Funrunner down in SoCal from Roger and Linda are continuing to take care of customers.
We bought all our tires, brakes, etc. from them.

LUVNLIFE
03-25-2007, 09:58 AM
All the info you need is on Glamis Dunes.com. Lot's of people over there to help you out also.:)

jailbird141
03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Pacific Customs in Corona. :)

dumbandyoung
03-25-2007, 04:31 PM
i would go join a sandrail forum. i think glamisdunes is a popular one. you might get a lot of good advise there

imirsh1
03-25-2007, 07:53 PM
thesamba.com

spectratoad
03-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the info. I will check out glamis dunes.

Her454
03-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks for all the info. I will check out glamis dunes.
Todd, hurry up and get that thing done and we'll have FBT set up a trip with the Rough & Ready Crew to Sand Mountain....... they know that place very well and they're a blast to party with. :D We'll bring our toys up and make a weekend out of it, Mike's dying to take the rail out again SOON.
Oh...and tell that Crazy Brother of yours that if he brings that girlie quad of his up there, I'll teach him how to ride it ;)

Baja Big Dog
03-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Id buy a used one...look at the bottom falling out of the big buck buggy market!!!:confused: