PDA

View Full Version : Stuck the Boat

Funky
03-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Some dude in Washington gets his boat stuck on a sandbar. Although it was stuck - not sunk - at least he pulled out all the stops to retrieve it and didn't use it as a way to scam people.
Here's the video of the ordeal. (Warning, it is fairly long.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqNCyS8qto

mickeyfinn
03-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Guess they couldnt wait on the water level to come back up. Wonder how much that cost? Great idea though. Beats digging out a channel deep enough to float it out.

Funky
03-25-2007, 03:37 PM
According to a post on another board by the guy who shot the video, it got stuck in about 8 inches of water. They came back the next day with a bunch of guys to push it out and the level had dropped. Boat was there a week and a half and the water just kept dropping (controlled by a damn downstream). Probably cost $1500 to $2k to retreive. Worth it IMO.

HocusPocus
03-25-2007, 04:29 PM
my in-laws were on their way back from a laughlin trip (left from havasu) and it started to get dark so they just decided to camp there for the night... next morning their boat was several feet onshore. they only had a little starcraft aluminum boat at the time and someone came along then dragged them back to the water.

randy77zt
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
kind of reminded my of the movie apocolypse now(spelling?).those wakeboard boats are heavy and have lots of hardware under the boat.i did that to my old boat(outboard) but managed to push it off by hand.

Baja Big Dog
03-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Hello, State Farm...."WE" have a problem!!!:confused:

Saab
03-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Not to sound like an idealist (spelling) but why wouldnt you make up two dollies and lift it up with a cherry picker, put it on dollies, and roll it back into the water? You could make a dolly with quad or golf cart tires and they would probably roll over the wet dirt. Just a thought...you could do it in a day and it wouldnt cost nearly as much as a helicopter lift.

Chubby4Life
03-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Not to sound like an idealist (spelling) but why wouldnt you make up two dollies and lift it up with a cherry picker, put it on dollies, and roll it back into the water? You could make a dolly with quad or golf cart tires and they would probably roll over the wet dirt. Just a thought...you could do it in a day and it wouldnt cost nearly as much as a helicopter lift.
Have you ever tried pushing something in the mud? F-That!! :D :D The heli was cool though. By the looks of the water I'd say he almost made it, lacked about 20'.

DansBlown73Nordic
03-26-2007, 01:35 AM
They should have been going FASTER!!!!!:D
Atleast they didn't get on HB looking for DONATIONS!!!!!:sqeyes:

1 Baja Guy
03-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Some dude in Washington gets his boat stuck on a sandbar. Although it was stuck - not sunk - at least he pulled out all the stops to retrieve it and didn't use it as a way to scam people.
Here's the video of the ordeal. (Warning, it is fairly long.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqNCyS8qto
Wish I had 1 on most Sunday afternoons at Winsor. Hmmm :D :D

sleekcraft78
03-26-2007, 06:51 AM
If it only cost him 2k to lift it, it was well worth it.