PDA

View Full Version : Help!, Does Anybody Remember...

Stingray69
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
a record attempt back in the early to mid 90's, by Reggie, maybe, that the boat had INLETS on the bow at the sides, and outlets underneath, perhaps at the step, to feed air to the hull for lift?

Mandelon
02-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Ya mean actual holes in the hull as opposed to a specialized shape?

Havasu_Dreamin
02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Check out the big Halletts at the boat show, they have exactly what you are talking about. At least I think that's what they are for.

h2oski2fast
02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Outerlimits has been using that technology for a few years now. You can see the air inlet just to the corner of the canopy.
http://www.outerlimitspowerboats.com/images/enlarge/gtx-pic6lg.jpg

burtandnancy
02-03-2006, 04:47 PM
If you get to the boat show, some of the Halletts have them, and the new 44 downstairs in the IMCO area has them. They've been around for a while and are very effective when installed correctly. Its not cheap do it, but it will add a few miles per hour on some hulls. The hull needs to be stepped, they can't be added to a standard bottom...

Stingray69
02-04-2006, 07:27 AM
I thought I saw it in ***boat, way back in early-mid '90's, and I thought it was Reggie. This would have been it's first use.The intakes were right about the location shown on the red OL, and I think they came out at the rear of front step.
I recall it being on a record setting attempt. I haven't found anybody that remembers the boat or the first use.
I'm in MI, and I suspect that Hallets WILL NOT be shown in motown... or OL's for that matter.

burtandnancy
02-04-2006, 09:44 AM
The Phantoms out of Florida have had them for years, very successful. Another builder on the west coast had them in the 70/80's but never went into production. They work very well on the Halletts and I'm sure others will follow soon...