PDA

View Full Version : C P ragata #2 ??

smokinflatties
03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
is there going to be another one ???

Nucking futs
03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
There better be another one. The last one was a good time for sure.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Let me know so I can mark the calender;) Hopefully it will be 3-4 months away;) I need to get my G-Wing finished before I step out there;)

Cs19
03-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Lets do Labor Day again at AHA. Maybe some of the regulars ar AHA can have a talk with the peeps at the quin, they would sell alot of gas, food,beer and ice.

Red Rocket
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Let's just say it is on and DK is in charge again!

Cs19
03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Ill make shirts that say...
DK's 2nd annual CP regatta at AHA Quin. :)

blue wonder
03-26-2007, 08:36 PM
well i guess now that i have one i can come too!!!

RCB19
03-26-2007, 09:35 PM
What will the be the theme of DK's party this year? Whatever it is he better order in an extra keg because they ran dry way too early.

FuelInMyVeins82
03-27-2007, 07:53 AM
What will the be the theme of DK's party this year? Whatever it is he better order in an extra keg because they ran dry way too early.
FRESH MEAT

Johnwithjm
03-27-2007, 08:36 AM
well i guess now that i have one i can come too!!!
I hope JP does not show up again.

Cs19
03-27-2007, 08:38 AM
its official. DKs 2nd annual Regatta is on. Party at his place Sat. night, free beer..
Thanks Dave!!

blue wonder
03-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I hope JP does not show up again.
yeah me too...since my gullwing on its best day might do 70!!!

Johnwithjm
03-27-2007, 10:49 AM
yeah me too...since my gullwing on its best day might do 70!!!
770 Gullwing that is gonna turn some heads;)

SoCal Power
03-27-2007, 11:38 AM
its official. DKs 2nd annual Regatta is on. Party at his place Sat. night, free beer..
Thanks Dave!!
Looks like it's on DK. Maybe Mike D. will loan you his CP for the weekend so you can represent for your bro.....

blue wonder
03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
770 Gullwing that is gonna turn some heads;)
no more like 70mph....well maybe down river

RIVERTIME247
03-27-2007, 05:55 PM
vote for aha...hey cs19 you gonna bring the new sled

cyclone
03-27-2007, 05:57 PM
cs19 might have to paddle the raider nation to the regatta. :D

Cs19
03-27-2007, 08:07 PM
vote for aha...hey cs19 you gonna bring the new sled
I will have the eliminator there.

cyclone
03-27-2007, 08:09 PM
I will have the eliminator there.
Nice! hope you make it.

Dogballs
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
I vote the CP regata deal goes down in the Lagoon at Aha this time. That rock sand bar and shallow stretch of river was weak.

cyclone
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
i'm there where it is.

Dogballs
03-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Right at the launch ramp at Aha quinn, perfect for making passes and spectating and if the beers catch up with ya you can swim your boat to the trailer

cyclone
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
cool. is there a damn between it an big river?

Dogballs
03-27-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't think so but thats one hell of a haul.

cyclone
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
yeah randy and i did it last year from Big River to the rock bar. never made it to aha. didnt konw how much further it was but that was a damn long drive. maybe i'll just tow.

pattymelt18
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I towed to water wheel my dad drove on the water from big river the only difference we got sand blasted on the way back up from the alfalfa fields and they didnt get it that bad on the water.

Cs19
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
No dams in the way. You were almost to Quin Mike. Maybe we should pick an off weekend so we can get some clean water?

cyclone
03-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah i had a feeling we were getting close. i'd need to stop for gas a couple times. that was a long ass drive in the back seat of randy's boat with no pulley cover over the motor and a cooler to hang onto.
think i'll tow down to lost lake or right to aha and launch this time. i'll be ready by april.

HBjet
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Just drive it you pu$$y... haha!
I thought that was one of the best trips for sure. It was long, but that is because we had some issues right at the ramp when we launched and we stopped for fuel at LL which took forever. I would drive that stretch again and just bring a fuel jug. I was suprised how slow I could cruise in the CP verses my old hull (600rpm difference) without falling off plain. We stopped at LL on the way down to top off and then headed to the sandbar and back to BR without fueling up again. I think I had about 2 gallons of gas left. The time at the sandbar was a blast but the long drive was well worth it too.
Cyclone, you can crusie at a low RPM in that thing, you can make it... it's a river boat right? :D
HBjet:D

cyclone
03-27-2007, 08:38 PM
I thought that was one of the best trips for sure. It was long, but that is because we had some issues right at the ramp when we launched and we stopped for fuel at LL which took forever. I would drive that stretch again and just bring a fuel jug. I was suprised how slow I could cruise in the CP verses my old hull (600rpm difference) without falling off plain. We stopped at LL on the way down to top off and then headed to the sandbar and back to BR without fueling up again. I think I had about 2 gallons of gas left. The time at the sandbar was a blast but the long drive was well worth it too.
Cyclone, you can crusie at a low RPM in that thing, you can make it... it's a river boat right? :D
i've not a nasty hole in my fuel map. just need to widen the injector pulse....:D

Cs19
03-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Exactly, quit being a vag Cyclone. I went from the upper cove at BR to way below aha no prob. that was basically dam to dam, one of the best weekends of last season hands down.

Cs19
03-27-2007, 08:55 PM
We should do a poker run next season from Big river to AHA.

77charger
03-27-2007, 08:58 PM
We should do a poker run next season from Big river to AHA.
thats a journey.can you make that run anytime during the day or have to wait for the water to come up?
gone to lost lake from aha before but water level gets scary for me in some places.Also have a prop so its a journey on my part.

LLGirl
03-27-2007, 09:47 PM
BR to Aha is a great ride! We're at LL, which isn't to far from Aha, and love driving up past BR to the cove near the dam! There are some shallow spots along the way though!

FuelInMyVeins82
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Nice! hope you make it.
Thats what happens when you do shit your self :D

RCB19
03-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I vote the CP regata deal goes down in the Lagoon at Aha this time. That rock sand bar and shallow stretch of river was weak.
I think that was supposed to be in the cards for last years deal but I think Aha got word that this was supposed to be an organized event and put their boot up the azz of it. I agree the lagoon would be sick!

RiverRacer
03-27-2007, 10:49 PM
The Lagoon would be much better for me. The Seaweed crap was nasty, and the 3 rocks I sucked up expensive. Post when it's happening. I'll be there. RR

QuickJet
03-28-2007, 07:37 AM
The Lagoon would be much better for me. The Seaweed crap was nasty, and the 3 rocks I sucked up expensive. Post when it's happening. I'll be there. RR
Hey maybe we could take care of that hallway this year :D

SoCal Power
03-28-2007, 09:07 AM
The Aha lagoon is great but it is really crowded on holiday weekends. Adding a regatta to the mix will be a mess. Just my opinion, if the CP thing is going to happen in the lagoon, it should be considered for an off weekend.
db

RiverRacer
03-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey maybe we could take care of that hallway this year :D
Still thinking of pulling the lever on that Mop Squeezer, eh??? We'll get a chance this year. Come over to LL anytime. Plenty of potential Janitor's driving around. I'll have to get a pair Playtex gloves to keep my hands clean in case I have to grab the mop handle, NOT. LOL. See you this summer. RR

HBjet
03-28-2007, 09:28 AM
The Aha lagoon is great but it is really crowded on holiday weekends. Adding a regatta to the mix will be a mess. Just my opinion, if the CP thing is going to happen in the lagoon, it should be considered for an off weekend.
db
I think it should be on a Off Weekend too.
HBjet

DK18
03-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Oh.... shit!!
For the record...... DK is not hosting any regatta ! Nor do I have anything to do with it.
CS call me :D

HBjet
03-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh.... sweet!!
For the record...... DK is hosting this regatta and I have everything to do with it.
CS call me :D
Way to step up! :D
HBjet

DK18
03-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Way to step up! :D
HBjet
Step up...? Not worth the liability.

Dogballs
03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
I think the CP deal needs to be moved to a off weekend at the beginning of summer when water levels are high! Also, it would be nice if it was held at big river or lost lake because Aha is too private. It would be better to be able to stay were the event is going down. Just my worthless opinion

HBjet
03-28-2007, 03:02 PM
See where I was quoting you... :D
HBjet

BACK2BIGRIVER
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Now that I have a CP I will be there just post when and where.

RIVERTIME247
03-28-2007, 04:21 PM
yeah randy and i did it last year from Big River to the rock bar. never made it to aha. didnt konw how much further it was but that was a damn long drive. maybe i'll just tow.
its about 24 miles north of blythe if that helps cyclone...how awsome would that be to see a bunch of you guys rollin in from big river on the water ....hells hwy striate pipes and no speed limit !

QuickJet
03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Still thinking of pulling the lever on that Mop Squeezer, eh??? We'll get a chance this year. Come over to LL anytime. Plenty of potential Janitor's driving around. I'll have to get a pair Playtex gloves to keep my hands clean in case I have to grab the mop handle, NOT. LOL. See you this summer. RR
I have some overalls that Ive been dying to try on. I'll bring 'em with me....just in case you for get yours :D ;)
I'll see yah out there this summer.

cyclone
03-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Exactly, quit being a vag Cyclone. I went from the upper cove at BR to way below aha no prob. that was basically dam to dam, one of the best weekends of last season hands down.
hey i'm just making sure i have enough gas to run the boat when i get to this deal. dont wanna sit on the shore and watch all the fun.

cyclone
03-28-2007, 08:09 PM
perhaps if people don't label it a "cp" thing and just throw out a date for some fast boats to do some racing instead.......

Fasterthebetter
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
perhaps if people don't label it a "cp" thing and just throw out a date for some fast boats to do some racing instead.......
I like the idea of the "CP" regatta. Last year was good, but this one could be better. We should just do it on a off weekend. I think Lost Lake would be the best. Right up from lost lake is that little cove which could be perfect? And then around sunset you can line up like old times right in front. Aha isnt more then 20 min from there, and Big River is about a 30 min drive.
-Davey

Mike D..
03-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I have to agree, if it where a cp regatta Bill should kick down with some time and money. I have been watching this thread to see when davey was going to $hit himself. Dave loves this stuff trust me hes smilling wondering on what hes going to do for the party, We should have a gullwing regatta again. Are you guys saying same time same place ???

Cs19
03-28-2007, 09:49 PM
I think the CP deal needs to be moved to a off weekend at the beginning of summer when water levels are high! Also, it would be nice if it was held at big river or lost lake because Aha is too private. It would be better to be able to stay were the event is going down. Just my worthless opinion
I agree with this post but my worthless opinion is it should be later in the season when everyone is in full on river mode.

Fasterthebetter
03-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Plus at the end of the season Aha's cove is pretty warm and nasty.
What is that Mike "shit my self"? Does that mean im gonna get excited like a little school girl??..... i already am!

RIVERTIME247
03-29-2007, 06:17 PM
I agree with this post but my worthless opinion is it should be later in the season when everyone is in full on river mode.
SOMEONE SHOULD JUST GIVE ISSY A SHOUT ....HE RUNS AHA FOR THE INDIANS. HE ON THE SOUTH END OF WILDGOOSE RD AND WE WERE HEARING THROUGH THE VINE THAT IT MIGHT JUST A MONEY THING.
I HOPE IT HAPPENS

Mike D..
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
;) Plus at the end of the season Aha's cove is pretty warm and nasty.
What is that Mike "shit my self"? Does that mean im gonna get excited like a little school girl??..... i already am!
wrong davey but if it applies than run with it. I was refering to DK18 which I believe his name needs to be changed to ( DK no 18 ) I can loan him my 19 cp so he will feel part of ;) just think he will finally be able to drive a boat that goes over a 100

cyclone
03-29-2007, 07:48 PM
if you guys dont put a name on the thing and no one organizes it then really the liability issue shouldn't be a problem. just get everyone to show up somewhere and lets party.

RCB19
03-29-2007, 08:20 PM
if you guys dont put a name on the thing and no one organizes it then really the liability issue shouldn't be a problem. just get everyone to show up somewhere and lets party.
Thats kind of what it was last year. The weekend just called all of the CP owners out of the woodwork. Bill was stoked.

cyclone
03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
yeah it was cool. and as long as the party isnt in my camp site i'm cool. sure am glad the party will be at DK's again. lol

Mike D..
03-30-2007, 06:50 AM
exactly !;)

DK18
03-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Mikey.... Mikey..., That boat ran over 100mph ever time on the water but you should know that.. I used your GPS. Usually 103. And then there is always the 20 plus times we ran... Then again it might have been hard to see from behind!!!:) They say third times a charm... and 3 motors later... you definatly got me! Go.... get um Big D!!
As far as the Anything But clothes party goes..... It will be better than ever.
Evite only ! Just like DK06 ABC party :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

smokinflatties
04-07-2007, 07:09 AM
sounds good so whats the date , needs to be after mike D has the new ride done