PDA

View Full Version : Paging jyruiz or others with experience

3 daytona`s
03-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey,it appears you are the electronics expert here and need some advice,Please.Have you ever had experience with Crutchfield? have a couple of friends who buy all the time,I worry about warranty,returns etc.? Any Advice Thanks

riverbound
03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
/find a reputable shop and buy from them. You will be MUCH happier when (notice I said when not if) something needs to be warrantied.
<---was in the 12 volt industry for quite a few years.;)

Hotcobra270
03-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey,it appears you are the electronics expert here and need some advice,Please.Have you ever had experience with Crutchfield? have a couple of friends who buy all the time,I worry about warranty,returns etc.? Any Advice Thanks
I bought some stuff from them a few times.. They arent the lowest price I found but I like the fact that they can help you with simple installs etc.
I not too tech savvy so I couldnt install an amp that I bought from them and I ended up having to pay to get it installed..
other than that, they are pretty good

3 daytona`s
03-26-2007, 07:55 PM
/find a reputable shop and buy from them. You will be MUCH happier when (notice I said when not if) something needs to be warrantied.
<---was in the 12 volt industry for quite a few years.;)
That`s what I so concerned about

Redwing247
03-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Have you ever had experience with Crutchfield? I worry about warranty,returns etc.?
Great after sales service, you won't have any problem with them. Very knowledgable staff with selection and installation instructions if you plan to do it yourself. :D

Jyruiz
03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I have purchased from them plenty of times, never something I could not return though like a TV. I like the no hassle return policy and the fact that they pay for the return shipping as well. I have never really had to call there tech support, but I have asked questions before the sale and they were right on. During thouse times I have looked elswhere and didn't find enough of a discount to buy some where else since there is no tax and they pay for return shipping.
I have also usually shopped when they had sales and threw in free stuff. One of the best things to buy from them is car stereos, they throw in (if it is a deck over $150.00 I think) an installation kit with the wiring harness and everything, shops usually charge extra for that. Hope that helps.

76ANTHONY
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
i've ordered thousands of dollars worth of sound equip from crutchfield, they have a great return policy and i only had to return one thing in 5 years.:D
and dont listen to riverbound i think those fiberglass chemicals are gettin to him, the last install he did was a 45 recordplayer in a desoto:D :D :D

OCMerrill
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I have purchased from them plenty of times, never something I could not return though like a TV. I like the no hassle return policy and the fact that they pay for the return shipping as well. I have never really had to call there tech support, but I have asked questions before the sale and they were right on. During thouse times I have looked elswhere and didn't find enough of a discount to buy some where else since there is no tax and they pay for return shipping.
I have also usually shopped when they had sales and threw in free stuff. One of the best things to buy from them is car stereos, they throw in (if it is a deck over $150.00 I think) an installation kit with the wiring harness and everything, shops usually charge extra for that. Hope that helps.
Same here. No truck ship items so if something quits its an easy return. I just purchased another round of Polk 6" 2 way speakers for my boat. Free shipping and no sales tax.
I did have a problem many years back with an Onkyo 5 place DVD player. The thing got stuck closed and then just burned out. Crutchfield gave me a check for the DVD rental that was stuck inside after I had returned the unit. Good Customer Service.