PDA

View Full Version : Stereo shops in Havasu

caroftheweek
03-26-2007, 09:50 PM
we are probably going to be picking up a tooner boat after the magic sells and i need a good recomendation to install a basic stereo system. nothing crazy like most of you guys, just something that is clean sounding with some bass.
Thanks everyone,
Ryan

dicudmore
03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Frank @ Car Toyz...fair prices and nice work...clean and loud :D

shadow
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
CAR TOYZ!:)

Todd969
03-27-2007, 06:20 AM
Car Toyz, period!:D Mine sounds pretty good for a toon:)

Havasu1986
03-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Car Toyz, period!:D Mine sounds pretty good for a toon:)
If you like listening to KISS :D

Todd969
03-27-2007, 06:52 AM
If you like listening to KISS :D
Piss off sprinkler man:D

INSman
03-27-2007, 07:16 AM
SHOPS ??
We all use Car Toyz, end of story ... :D

ATLAS
03-27-2007, 08:07 AM
SHOPS ??
car toyz is a rip off

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 08:35 AM
car toyz is a rip off
who would you use?

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 09:01 AM
who would you use?
I would do it yourself at home in the driveway with all the spare time your gonna have.
Head down to Kragen and buy $20.00 worth of there best amps/speakers and get to work:D :)

phebus
03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Car Toyz will do whatever it takes to make you happy. Great customer service. Take it there, and don't look back, you will be glad you did.

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 09:20 AM
I would do it yourself at home in the driveway with all the spare time your gonna have.
Head down to Kragen and buy $20.00 worth of there best amps/speakers and get to work:D :)
Hey just because its a tooner doesn't mean it deserves Kraco.:sqeyes:

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey just because its a tooner doesn't mean it deserves Kraco.:sqeyes:
I wouldn't expect you to know the difference. Pretty sure thats what you have/had in the magic;):D:devil:

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't expect you to know the difference. Pretty sure thats what you have/had in the magic;):D:devil:
the magic did not have blown speaks, just some vibration/buzzing issues:D :D

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 09:32 AM
the magic did not have blown speaks, just some vibration/buzzing issues:D :D
My ears will never be the same;)
Quit talking crap about my trailering abilities we both know there was a terrible cross wind at winsor that day and I was trying to avoid the fishing boat that wanted to ram your boat;):D:mad: :D

riverbound
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
SHOPS ??
Not all of us, but if someone is limiting themselves to shops in that area, Car Toyz is their best option.

riverbound
03-27-2007, 09:38 AM
car toyz is a rip off
Although I have never used them. I would like to hear your side of the story. I used to send my audio customers to them to do minor repairs and Frank was always very good to them, even thought hey bought the stuff from another shop (me). to date I have never really heard anything bad from them and at times have seen numerous reviews of them bending over backwards to help a customer out.
Case in point, i want to have one of those steering wheel remotes installe don my boat. and Frank said he would go to my storage in Parker and do a mobile install for me the next time he has a job in Parker. that wya I dont have to drag my boat all the way up to havi for a simple install.

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 09:43 AM
My ears will never be the same;)
Quit talking crap about my trailering abilities we both know there was a terrible cross wind at winsor that day and I was trying to avoid the fishing boat that wanted to ram your boat;):D:mad: :D
uh-huh...:devil:

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Will it be hard from going from a Magic to a tooner?
PS. Please remove balls from wifes purse

djunkie
03-27-2007, 11:01 AM
"Hello pot" J/K :D

dm25advantage
03-27-2007, 11:03 AM
we are probably going to be picking up a tooner boat after the magic sells and i need a good recomendation to install a basic stereo system. nothing crazy like most of you guys, just something that is clean sounding with some bass.
Thanks everyone,
Ryan
has the magic sold yet.....

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:04 AM
"Hello pot" J/K :D
bunch of pots talking to eachother in this thread!!!!:D :D :sqeyes:
Nice siggy ahole......trying to get me in trouble and shit;):)

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I think thats all we do on this site anyways. Makes for good conversation:D :D

djunkie
Nice siggy ahole......trying to get me in trouble and shit;):)
You said it not me. :D :D

caroftheweek
The wife is pissed that we are selling it. :jawdrop:
we drove a Bennington and i was really impressed. suprisingly. it will suit us for a few years and then we will probably get another deck or something.
time for a change.:D :D

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 11:07 AM
The wife is pissed that we are selling it. :jawdrop:
we drove a Bennington and i was really impressed. suprisingly. it will suit us for a few years and then we will probably get another deck or something.
time for a change.:D :D
Hows the little one doing?

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:07 AM
has the magic sold yet.....
as of this second, no. but there is a deal working on it.

4day!!
03-27-2007, 11:09 AM
to date I have never really heard anything bad from them and at times have seen numerous reviews of them bending over backwards to help a customer out.
From my experience, absolutely true. Customer service at car toyz is second to none..

Throttle
03-27-2007, 11:10 AM
just met up with frank at car toyz yesterday to get some work done... :D :D :D

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Hows the little one doing?
he is doing well. starting to roll over in his crib. he will be cast-free in 2 weeks. Mom is counting down.

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
he is doing well. starting to roll over in his crib. he will be cast-free in 2 weeks. Mom is counting down.
Wow that must be exciting for both of you. Just 2 months he will be ready for a quad ;) J/K
And for stereo shops i would go to brandins drive way...

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Closed for business:) ;)

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow that must be exciting for both of you. Just 2 months he will be ready for a quad ;) J/K
not quite. he will be in little shoes with a bar between them for the next year or so. for 23 hours a day:sqeyes: poor kid. good thing he won't remember much, if any of it.

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Closed for business:) ;)
good, i don't want used stereo equipment out of your rhino.
...but i will take those new shocks you are supposed to be getting for it.

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
good, i don't want used stereo equipment out of your rhino.
...but i will take those new shocks you are supposed to be getting for it.
Shocks??? He is the richist broke man that i know!!!

shadow
03-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Although I have never used them. I would like to hear your side of the story. I used to send my audio customers to them to do minor repairs and Frank was always very good to them, even thought hey bought the stuff from another shop (me). to date I have never really heard anything bad from them and at times have seen numerous reviews of them bending over backwards to help a customer out.
Case in point, i want to have one of those steering wheel remotes installe don my boat. and Frank said he would go to my storage in Parker and do a mobile install for me the next time he has a job in Parker. that wya I dont have to drag my boat all the way up to havi for a simple install.
Bill as you know all my equipment in our boat was from Wired For Sound.
Frank & JP still goe beyond the call of duty whenever i have a problem,need some tweeking or adjustments to my system.
Cartoyz has installed some stuff in our Excursion and Rhino and as always service is Great.
Nice to have a local shop we can trust that does good work,good service and stands behind thier work.

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Shocks??? He is the richist broke man that i know!!!
No shocks in the plans for this kid.
Project backyard needs to be completed by september for the wedding $$$.:)

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
No shocks in the plans for this kid.
Project backyard needs to be completed by september for the wedding $$$.:)
That is going to be one hell of a bachlor party ;) Sence Ryan is unloading all his fun toys maybe i can get a smokin deal on rhino

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:37 AM
That is going to be one hell of a bachlor party ;) Sence Ryan is unloading all his fun toys maybe i can get a smokin deal on rhino
Not much of a bachelor party guy but we will probably do something joint.
Knowing ryan you should be able to score his 7K Rhino for about 12K;):D:devil:

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Not much of a bachelor party guy but we will probably do something joint.
Knowing ryan you should be able to score his 7K Rhino for about 12K;):D:devil:
I hear ya me either... At least i found his 7k hook up... I am just waiting for somthing new too come out.. So i can kick your ass:D

mrs.rvrluvr
03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Go to Car Toyz!!! Besides being one of my best buddies, JP at Car Toyz is just down right awesome with a stereo......the speakers he put under my seat in the boat make me a happy woman!! :D :devil:

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:43 AM
don't count on it. Rhino is not going anywhere. i am not unloading, just rearranging.:D

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I hear ya me either... At least i found his 7k hook up... I am just waiting for somthing new too come out.. So i can kick your ass:D
Never gonna happen;)
My sheave is without a doubt the most powerful item ever created for a Rhino:devil: :devil:

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:46 AM
don't count on it. Rhino is not going anywhere. i am not unloading, just rearranging.:D
Mr. Mom has a good ring to it;):D

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Mr. Mom has a good ring to it;):D
i agree.:) :)

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Never gonna happen;)
My sheave is without a doubt the most powerful item ever created for a Rhino:devil: :devil:
i must agree on the sheave also. best upgrade yet.

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:49 AM
i agree.:) :)
I can't wait to knock Jen up so I can stay home with the brat:D;)

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I can't wait to knock Jen up so I can stay home with the brat:D;)
i won't hold my breath on that one:sqeyes:

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:52 AM
i must agree on the sheave also. best upgrade yet.
How fast have you seen on the digi dash?
I saw 60 on concrete with about 15 psi in the tires.:)

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
i won't hold my breath on that one:sqeyes:
That makes two of us;)
I need to make atleast another 2K a month to afford a kiddie.:) :mad:

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
How fast have you seen on the digi dash?
I saw 60 on concrete with about 15 psi in the tires.:)
i saw 58 that night that we were on Lincoln after the install.

Cole Trickle
03-27-2007, 11:55 AM
i saw 58 that night that we were on Lincoln after the install.
The night I was running away from you?;)

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
The night I was running away from you?;)
like i said before.......uh-huh :rolleyes:

riverbound
03-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Bill as you know all my equipment in our boat was from Wired For Sound.
Frank & JP still goe beyond the call of duty whenever i have a problem,need some tweeking or adjustments to my system.
Cartoyz has installed some stuff in our Excursion and Rhino and as always service is Great.
Nice to have a local shop we can trust that does good work,good service and stands behind thier work.
Im still waiting for that guy who said they are a rip off to respond. ;)

ATLAS
03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
who would you use?
I HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH THEM IN THE PAST THAT WERE FIXED AS OF TODAY BY FRANK HIM SELF. NOW FOR HIS WORKER MAYBE ANOTHER STORIE SOME TIMES. I WOULD GO TO HIM IF I WAS IN HAVASU AND NEEDED SOMETHING

caroftheweek
03-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Im still waiting for that guy who said they are a rip off to respond. ;)
and there you go:) :D

riverbound
03-27-2007, 01:41 PM
I HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH THEM IN THE PAST THAT WERE FIXED AS OF TODAY BY FRANK HIM SELF. NOW FOR HIS WORKER MAYBE ANOTHER STORIE SOME TIMES. I WOULD GO TO HIM IF I WAS IN HAVASU AND NEEDED SOMETHING
So if I read between the lines. you were unhappy with something. and they stod behind their business and made things right??
Sounds like I good deal to me.
One thing I learned in the years I did audio is. nobody is perfect 100% of the time, its what you do when stuff goes wrong that makes or breaks a company.

ATLAS
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
So if I read between the lines. you were unhappy with something. and they stod behind their business and made things right??
Sounds like I good deal to me.
One thing I learned in the years I did audio is. nobody is perfect 100% of the time, its what you do when stuff goes wrong that makes or breaks a company.
That is so true and frank has showen that

RiverRatMike
03-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Thanks everyone,
Ryan
do the install yourself and save lots of $$$
I put a decent sounding stereo in my boat a few years back and really there is nothing to it.

shadow
03-28-2007, 06:07 AM
I put a decent sounding stereo in my boat a few years back and really there is nothing to it.
Way to pump up business for our fellow ***boater and local economy Mike;)
Now the key word is you installed a "Decent sounding" stereo in your boat,
without any type of warranty and DIY install.Not worth the time or money to most that want a quality install to do it themselves,I know my time is worth more to me and i could never match the quality of a reputable shop.

caroftheweek
03-28-2007, 06:31 AM
The problem for us is that our river house is at Havasu Palms on the CA side. if any of you know, the road to get in there is 10 miles of rough dirt road through canyons and washes. for us to get to the city just towing the trailer is atleast a 2 hour ride. that is if we pick the boat up at windsor. if we had to tow the boat it would probably take another hour.
So for us it is worth it to get everything done before we take it to the Palms. not to mention that it would make no sense to tow it all the home when we are purchasing it in Havasu.
i am all for saving money but time is valuable these days.
some people ask why put up with "the road"? this is why:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i226/caroftheweek/Copy2ofIMG_0090.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i226/caroftheweek/Copy2ofIMG_0382.jpg

Todd969
03-28-2007, 06:40 AM
The problem for us is that our river house is at Havasu Palms on the CA side. if any of you know, the road to get in there is 10 miles of rough dirt road through canyons and washes. for us to get to the city just towing the trailer is atleast a 2 hour ride. that is if we pick the boat up at windsor. if we had to tow the boat it would probably take another hour.
So for us it is worth it to get everything done before we take it to the Palms. not to mention that it would make no sense to tow it all the home when we are purchasing it in Havasu.
i am all for saving money but time is valuable these days.
some people ask why put up with "the road"? this is why:
Ryan, just call Frank 928-680-0203 and give him an idea. I would bet 4 nice speakers and a couple subs will be right in your ballpark. Also, in the event it needs to be looked at, they are just across the lake.
When I had our toon done I couldn't figure out a couple things and Frank came down to the channel on a Saturday to take a look. I honestly don't think you could go wrong using Car Toyz.:)
Todd

caroftheweek
03-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Ryan, just call Frank 928-680-0203 and give him an idea. I would bet 4 nice speakers and a couple subs will be right in your ballpark. Also, in the event it needs to be looked at, they are just across the lake.
When I had our toon done I couldn't figure out a couple things and Frank came down to the channel on a Saturday to take a look. I honestly don't think you could go wrong using Car Toyz.:)
Todd
planning on it. Thanks Todd.

riverbound
03-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Way to pump up business for our fellow ***boater and local economy Mike;)
Now the key word is you installed a "Decent sounding" stereo in your boat,
without any type of warranty and DIY install.Not worth the time or money to most that want a quality install to do it themselves,I know my time is worth more to me and i could never match the quality of a reputable shop.
;)
Ditto.

mbrown2
03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Bingo, like most industries...
I always had my stereo's done locally, and in Havi in the past used Ron's Custom Detail for small items, never had a bad experience with them either (I always support Ron). However, I tried Car Toyz last year with the Schiada as I heard a lot of good things about them and Frank seemed to know his stuff on the boards...
I was impressed from pickup, install and further work they have done. Even recently had them dissemble a portion of the Malibu system to have some troubleshooting and service done to the boat...they went above and beyond again on short notice, from pick to delivery to Absolute to pick back up to cleaning and reassembly...
They have been great and they will probably do the jeep next and the next boat I get.....I just like the idea of being able to get a super deal on equipment from Frank, reasonable installation costs, and a warranty where they will meet you at the water if you have issues.....done deal for me! :)