PDA

View Full Version : Mussel Inspections

Coach
03-27-2007, 12:16 PM
So who has had their boat go through an inspection point for the Mussel found in the Colorado River? I talked with the inpectors at the station on the 40 between Needles and 95 S. They said they would have a boat only line when the crowds picked up in the Spring and Summer. How long did the inspection take if you did take your boat through?

riverbound
03-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I towed my boat home this last trip (usually it stays out at the river) and was surprised when I drove through the inspection station. they had the "no inspection today" sign up. but there were 6-7 employees standing up against a van watching us all go through. I have to say honestly I was a little disapointed. I have seen the flyers with the registration and all the other things that are being done to try and stop these and myself and a couple other boats drive right through without even a look. I guess it was my tax dollars hard at work :mad: that van was supplying them a nice place to hang out.

jrgaudettes
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Been inspected two time's in to different places.
Vital Junction ( Rice Road ). abount a 15 min insp. They asked me to remove my plugs to insure there was no standing water and checked the bottom of the boat.
Needles on the I40 about a 5min deal. Plugs already removed and they checked the bottom of the boat and the trailer then we were on our way.:D

Beer-30
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Last Sunday, we just pulled into a normal lane and the guy handed us a flyer explaining the mussels and inspection. He asked where we were coming from, and where we were going. He asked when the boat was last in the water. He said he was going to walk back and look at the boat.
He came back in 30 seconds and said "have a nice day".

Screemy1
03-27-2007, 04:50 PM
they will not stop them.... just postpone them.... hope they figure a way to kill them and not anything else....