PDA

View Full Version : plug recommendations for dart pro1's

IMPATIENT 1
03-27-2007, 04:23 PM
my uncle has had a mysterious dead spot in his enderle injected,bds blown 540 for the last yr. and i finally caught what was goin on while he was runnin the shovelnose on the trailer last weekend. its got BOSCHE PLATINUM plugs in it:D :D my uncle is no dummy but he has these brain farts once in awhile like this:rolleyes: just runnin on the trailer, when he'd snap the hat, it'd bog for a split second then "pick up". it was gettin dark the last time he fired it up and when he snapped the throttle , i could see the plugs "halo" at the same time it'd stumble. i'm a foreman at a gm dealership and in gm vehicles, these things are shix! causes misfires at idle and when ya crowd em. i've measured resistance on some gm v6 bosche plugs and they had almost 10 times the resistance as the 2ft plug wire goin to em. just shiat parts store push on unsuspecting consumers!!
anyways:D he's runnin @9-10lbs boost on race fuel, hat injected 540 turnin 6800 at times, what's a good plug(runs a btm msd and blaster 2 coil, flat tops) to run in alum dart pro1's with a blower? summers here get in the low 100's(100-108at times) and he turns down the timing(retards with the btm) and runs super50%/race fuel 50% in it(@6-7lbsboost) for cruising the lake on the weekends. thanks, tom e

wet77
03-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I do not remember off hand what the plug number was and I can not check because my boat is about 800 miles away from me right now but call up Duane at Hi-Tech he changed plugs on my motor (540 with a 6-71 and dart heads) and it ran great on the dyno and out on the water.
I think they were Champion plugs maybe:idea:

IMPATIENT 1
03-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I do not remember off hand what the plug number was and I can not check because my boat is about 800 miles away from me right now but call up Duane at Hi-Tech he changed plugs on my motor (540 with a 6-71 and dart heads) and it ran great on the dyno and out on the water.
I think they were Champion plugs maybe:idea:
man, i'd appreciate it. i know its the prob, and gave him hell for runnin em. he said he figured it'd be easier to start if he primed it to long or fouled em. i've been thinking about how it ran last summer, and i remember him have more trouble than he should've getting it to crank at times. high compression blower motor with msd and a real good cranking speed should just fire up, his wouldn't. all goes back to the plugs he was running!! and what's bad about it, he says to me "well i spent @3dollars a plug for those!!!":D he never cheaps out, just made a mistake;)

Fiat48
03-27-2007, 06:36 PM
According to this: http://www.dartheads.com/manager/uploads/Tech%20-%20PRO1%20BBC.pdf
.750 reach gasketed plug is required.
NGK R5671A-8 (stock number 4554) would be what I suggest.

IMPATIENT 1
03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
According to this: http://www.dartheads.com/manager/uploads/Tech%20-%20PRO1%20BBC.pdf
.750 reach gasketed plug is required.
NGK R5671A-8 (stock number 4554) would be what I suggest.
thanks!

MACHINEHEAD
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Thats the one.

DMOORE
03-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Stick to NGK's. Thats all I run in my vehicles. SOOOOO many less hassles.
Darrell.

IMPATIENT 1
03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Stick to NGK's. Thats all I run in my vehicles. SOOOOO many less hassles.
Darrell.
we use em here at the dealership too as a cheaper tune-up part, have never gotten a bad plug from ngk! i like the prices too:D