PDA

View Full Version : Five Illegals arrested in BHC

3 daytona`s
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Monday,five Illegals arrested in Bullhead working for a Stucco company out of LHC.Maybe,just Maybe we are getting serious about this disaster.:idea:

HM
03-27-2007, 05:08 PM
I hope BigLue has a good lawyer!!! :) :) :)

3 daytona`s
03-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I`m not naming names:rolleyes:

YeLLowBoaT
03-27-2007, 05:11 PM
only 5???
I know a couple plastering companys that only have one or 2 none illegal aliens working for them.( one of those... I have 15 trucks, but only 5 employees :rolleyes: )

Ziggy
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Our public survice employees have been slacking on apprehensions, don't you think? Better write a complaint. Do in Spanglish so they understand it.

Xlration Marine
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
On my way back from Eloy this morning, well the green trucks were getting a workout. Must have been 15 on the ground by their 1984 dodge mini van. And more east of that about 2 miles.

3 daytona`s
03-27-2007, 05:18 PM
only 5???
I know a couple plastering companys that only have one or 2 none illegal aliens working for them.( one of those... I have 15 trucks, but only 5 employees :rolleyes: )
I talk to people daily who are pissed and have been for years,if this had not become front page news and prime time news,it would be business as usual..

YeLLowBoaT
03-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Our public survice employees have been slacking on apprehensions, don't you think? Better write a complaint. Do in Spanglish so they understand it.
I would much rather report the contractor to CSCB, BOE, FTB and the IRS... That way we get rid the real prob, the SOBs that hire them.

Ziggy
03-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I would much rather report the contractor to CSCB, BOE, FTB and the IRS... That way we get rid the real prob, the SOBs that hire them.
Very likely thats what happened if they more or less got singled out. 5 arrests is not really something to gloat about, they'd rather find a jobsite with greater numbers.

YeLLowBoaT
03-27-2007, 05:27 PM
I talk to people daily who are pissed and have been for years,if this had not become front page news and prime time news,it would be business as usual..
its made me sick for years, I saw the change in the trades growing up. I know union pay that is less then it was in the 70s. The main reason for this ( atleast in CA) is the illegals aliens working for next to nothing.

3 daytona`s
03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
its made me sick for years, I saw the change in the trades growing up. I know union pay that is less then it was in the 70s. The main reason for this ( atleast in CA) is the illegals aliens working for next to nothing.
This may be at a crossroads,and trust me I don`t have all the answers but jobs keaving this country Illegals. Time to take the bull by the horns. Make hard choices. The thread earlier today about Mexico`s rules made me sick.

Ziggy
03-27-2007, 05:40 PM
This may be at a crossroads,and trust me I don`t have all the answers but jobs keaving this country Illegals. Time to take the bull by the horns. Make hard choices. The thread earlier today about Mexico`s rules made me sick.
There really is a double edge on this sword...........We all want affordable goods, be it housing or whatever. Yet, most Americans aren't willing to do the job at the rate neccessary to have that affordable commodity, whatever it might be.
I'm not advocate of illegal immigration, I'm the offspring of an European immigrant that had to make his way here the hard and legal route so I am very opposed to it, truthfully.
All I'm really saying is its' difficult for us Americans to want our cake and eat it too.....something has to give somewhere.
The reality of it sucks.

Xlration Marine
03-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I hear ya My mom is Canadian "EH".
But here is another thing to look at. They don't care about the law. If they need something and can't work for it they will take it. My brother was going to work opened up the garage door went back for something, not even a minute. And his bike was gone, and then his tools were gone. So if they want it and can't pay for it, ya best lock it up. And it's the governments fault for letting it get out of hand. And the home builders like Shea and Pulte are laughing all the way to the bank.

redneckcharlie
03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm a GC. I don't use illegal labor, but I know of quite a few that do! On most the commercial job sites around here you can find atleast a half dozen or so. That being said. Many people feel that if the cheaper labor leaves, the prices will go up. The reality is that the prices have never come down because of cheap labor. The wages have shifted from workers to the employers in many cases. The margins for many contractors are greater now then they were ten years ago. The quality of the work being done in almost all the jobsites I'm on is drastically less then what it use to be. I know many will call this a racial thing, its not. And its by no means meant to be a hard and fast rule for everywhere. Just my little corner of the world. ;)

wsuwrhr
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
In my opinon, alot of young people used to do these jobs.
My friends and I did menial-low skill labor jobs when we were in school and after we graduated.
Washing dishes, sweeping floors, mowing lawns, other gopher jobs.
Now all done by...you guessed it.
Brian
There really is a double edge on this sword...........We all want affordable goods, be it housing or whatever. Yet, most Americans aren't willing to do the job at the rate neccessary to have that affordable commodity, whatever it might be.
I'm not advocate of illegal immigration, I'm the offspring of an European immigrant that had to make his way here the hard and legal route so I am very opposed to it, truthfully.
All I'm really saying is its' difficult for us Americans to want our cake and eat it too.....something has to give somewhere.
The reality of it sucks.

wsuwrhr
03-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Ding ding ding.
The public by and large is of the same mindset.
Take our "free trade" rules. Imported Chinese goods will be the end of our industrious nation.
Brian
Many people feel that if the cheaper labor leaves, the prices will go up. The reality is that the prices have never come down because of cheap labor. The wages have shifted from workers to the employers in many cases. The margins for many contractors are greater now then they were ten years ago. The quality of the work being done in almost all the jobsites I'm on is drastically less then what it use to be. I know many will call this a racial thing, its not. And its by no means meant to be a hard and fast rule for everywhere. Just my little corner of the world. ;)

Tom Brown
03-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Let's get a few illegals in here to help out with new account activations, email address changes, PM permission problems, etc. Rexone could use a little help.

Ziggy
03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
In my opinon, alot of young people used to do these jobs.
My friends and I did menial-low skill labor jobs when we were in school and after we graduated.
Washing dishes, sweeping floors, mowing lawns, other gopher jobs.
Now all done by...you guessed it.
Brian
Precisely, but these days its much too far "below" the kids' standard to take a menial job........we've bred the laziness into todays youth, they believe somehow they've earned the right to get paid top dollar to stand around.
Double edge sword.

Rexone
03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Let's get a few illegals in here to help out with new account activations, email address changes, PM permission problems, etc. Rexone could use a little help.
Tom there is no illegal that will work for less than I do.
You can take that one to the bank. :)

wsuwrhr
03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Tom there is no illegal that will post all day on ***boat for less than I do. One of these days I'll get around to my catalog.
You can take that one to the bank. :)
You got that right.

wsuwrhr
03-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Breed it back out.
Precisely, but these days its much too far "below" the kids' standard to take a menial job........we've bred the laziness into todays youth, they believe somehow they've earned the right to get paid top dollar to stand around.
Double edge sword.

Rexone
03-27-2007, 06:20 PM
The reality of it sucks.
Close the border. Supply and demand will handle the rest. IMO many average Americans are spoiled and think they deserve pay far beyond what jobs are worth. If demand wanes, prices will come down (on just about anything), including the amount people will work for. The argument "Amercians won't do the work the illegals do" doesn't fly with me. Just who the fock did these jobs before the illegals flooded the US 3 decades ago. Americans. Wage pricing will adjust with illegals gone. Again if it drives prices on things too high, demand will wane and pricing (and wages for such product and services) will adjust down. Capitalism has a way of handling this.
I'll post this again for any who missed it.
Runaway Immigration will be the demise of the US as we know it (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4094926727128068265&q=number)
Watch the video. It will enlighten you of what your children and grandchildren can look forward to going down the present path. :(

Biglue
03-27-2007, 06:21 PM
My Greencard I got in Huntington Park got me off this time. You need any stucco work.......I neeeeed mor whork. :D :D :D

Tom Brown
03-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I could use some stucco work but there are no illegals in Canada. There aren't a lot of legals, either.

Biglue
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
I could use some stucco work but there are no illegals in Canada. There aren't a lot of legals, either.
I'm pretty sure we can round up a few for you. :D

YeLLowBoaT
03-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Can we start busing the ones we catch up there then?

Biglue
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Can we start busing the ones we catch up there then?
They need painters too? :jawdrop: :)

Rexone
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Tom are you tellin me not one of these assholes knows how to do stucco? :confused:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732brownshouse.jpg

Tom Brown
03-27-2007, 06:29 PM
They seem to like the weathered OSB look around here.

3 daytona`s
03-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Close the border. Supply and demand will handle the rest. IMO many average Americans are spoiled and think they deserve pay far beyond what jobs are worth. If demand wanes, prices will come down (on just about anything), including the amount people will work for. The argument "Amercians won't do the work the illegals do" doesn't fly with me. Just who the fock did these jobs before the illegals flooded the US 3 decades ago. Americans. Wage pricing will adjust with illegals gone. Again if it drives prices on things too high, demand will wane and pricing (and wages for such product and services) will adjust down. Capitalism has a way of handling this.
Runaway Immigration will be the demise of the US as we know it (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4094926727128068265&q=number)
Watch the video. It will enlighten you of what your children and grandchildren can look forward to going down the present path. :(
There used to be a saying back in the Midwest,the cold, miserable weather will for sure keep out the riff-raff. LOL ,the meat packers took care of that,bus loads arrive,live 20+ in a house leave multiple vehicles out front,ruin home values,pay no taxes,crime rises.I just want to stress if what Baja Big Dog`s post is correct,then maybe everyone should take a look then step back and think about the ultimate insult.Here illegally and protest in public about our intentions to clean up a mess.I can only believe there are many out there possibly your fathers turning in their grave at the state of affairs and where we are heading.

CARLSON-JET
03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
There used to be a saying back in the Midwest,the cold, miserable weather will for sure keep out the riff-raff. LOL ,the meat packers took care of that,bus loads arrive,live 20+ in a house leave multiple vehicles out front,ruin home values,pay no taxes,crime rises.I just want to stress if what Baja Big Dog`s post is correct,then maybe everyone should take a look then step back and think about the ultimate insult.Here illegally and protest in public about our intentions to clean up a mess.I can only believe there are many out there possibly your fathers turning in their grave at the state of affairs and where we are heading.
I never thought it would be this bad back here, but it is. Chicago is like a safe harbor. There is litterally no enforcement what so ever. I have never witnessed an INS car, truck, official since I have been here in over 7 years. a prime axample of what you are talking about (meat packers) is right here in an article I read in the N.Y. Times last sunday. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/22/us/22raids.html?ex=1332216000&en=15a9de588a18ba79&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss As long as big buisiness and the Feds encourage this behavior it will get alot worse. R.B.

Ziggy
03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
What you said all makes sense but then guess what happens? We have to make service calls to India and other off shore locations because the lower wages more than compensate for the loss of sales and good customer service. Another way Capitalism adjusts to the market.
And if it were as easy as breeding out the laziness again we'd be in fat city, but society keeps going the wrong way. Nobody can ever take blame for their own mistakes, finger pointing, arguments, lawsuits, free money cuz you looked at me funny, shit like that...........its no wonder other hard working countries look at us Americans as whiners and trouble makers. We're so full of ourselves we can't see past our noses.
Very frustrating to say the least.

plaster dave
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
I will hire any of you to come work on a stucco job at $20.00 hr and I dont think 1 out of 10 will finish the week.:jawdrop: I cant find guys to do this type of work anywhere not even the illegals want to spread mud for a living cause it is a F***ed trade.
I do think the contractor needs to get his guys legal so he protects him self.

cdog
03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Necessity, who is the mother of invention.
Plato,Greek author & philosopher in Athens (427 BC - 347 BC)
:idea:

plaster dave
03-28-2007, 08:09 AM
dave,who does you lath?
Mexicans:D 2 in house guys and we get 10-15 peace workers on the big jobs.

meaniam
03-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Double edge sword.
bullshit. keeping that mindset is what has corupted or workforce
What you said all makes sense but then guess what happens? We have to make service calls to India and other off shore locations because the lower wages more than compensate for the loss of sales and good customer service. Another way Capitalism adjusts to the market.
And if it were as easy as breeding out the laziness again we'd be in fat city, but society keeps going the wrong way. Nobody can ever take blame for their own mistakes, finger pointing, arguments, lawsuits, free money cuz you looked at me funny, shit like that...........its no wonder other hard working countries look at us Americans as whiners and trouble makers. We're so full of ourselves we can't see past our noses.
kill nafta fixs problem .tax the money going out and tax the money going in. and evens score with china and the way they change value of money

Ziggy
03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
bullshit. keeping that mindset is what has corupted or workforce I'm with ya, its just an observation. My own kid acted like this a few years back until I smacked him with the reality stick.
kill nafta fixs problem .tax the money going out and tax the money going in. and evens score with china and the way they change value of money
True again........but until we, the US, stop acting like we have to always be PC and leave a loophole for big biz to circumvent this they will always find a way around it....this offshore phenom was not an accident.

SHOTKALLIN
03-28-2007, 01:50 PM
I will hire any of you to come work on a stucco job at $20.00 hr and I dont think 1 out of 10 will finish the week.:jawdrop: I cant find guys to do this type of work anywhere not even the illegals want to spread mud for a living cause it is a F***ed trade.
I do think the contractor needs to get his guys legal so he protects him self.
Maybe the job should pay more than $20? Maybe if your competitors didn't use illegals you could charge and pay what the job is really worth. Because there is no enforcement on employers who hire illegals, you can not find good workers beacause the job doesn't pay what its worth.

SHOTKALLIN
03-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Any adult who doesn't speak a lick of English ought to be a suspect. I just don't get it.:mad:

plaster dave
03-28-2007, 02:04 PM
i'm doomed:D thats what i do,peace work damn good $$$ if your fast/clean and WHITE:idea: :D
$ 1.85 a yard paper and wire stapled off and stringing the corner aid.

plaster dave
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Maybe the job should pay more than $20? Maybe if your competitors didn't use illegals you could charge and pay what the job is really worth. Because there is no enforcement on employers who hire illegals, you can not find good workers beacause the job doesn't pay what its worth.
I pay more then what the competitors are paying.
Do you even understand what this type of work is? 1 out of 10 people can or will do this job cause it is the hardest on your body in the trades.
So lets say you are getting a bid from me and someone else for your house and I come in at $55,000.00 to stucco your house and the other guy is $45,000.00 who do you go with. You dont care that I pay to a better scale then the other guy you want that $10,000.00 in your pocket.:idea:
There is enforcement on employers its called Workers Comp and IRS. If I pay cash I pay the taxes so what benefits do I get with Illegals

plaster dave
03-28-2007, 02:22 PM
where at?i get 150$ a roll,.20' on trim (1 coat) .30' for xj15,and fuel for anything over 1 hour drive;)
We have to different lathing companys we use and that is what they charge. I do send my lather to check everything behind them so it cost 1 or 2 days more $ for him to caulk everthing and check the string lines.

plaster dave
03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
i hate stringing(to many shity carpenters:devil: )) i use JET LINE and leave it on when i'm done,its like sewing thread so all the plaster has to do is look to make sure no one hit the aid then just touch the line and it pops,we don't have caulk anything up here, st/g we did ,now were a plumber:idea: did alot of 3 coat when i worked in calie now all 1coat;)
Ya those one coats are nice.:D

SHOTKALLIN
03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I pay more then what the competitors are paying.
Do you even understand what this type of work is? 1 out of 10 people can or will do this job cause it is the hardest on your body in the trades.
So lets say you are getting a bid from me and someone else for your house and I come in at $55,000.00 to stucco your house and the other guy is $45,000.00 who do you go with. You dont care that I pay to a better scale then the other guy you want that $10,000.00 in your pocket.:idea:
There is enforcement on employers its called Workers Comp and IRS. If I pay cash I pay the taxes so what benefits do I get with Illegals
my point exactly

3 daytona`s
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
The driver for Stucco Masters was arrested for transporting Illegals and smuggling.The rest turned over to INS. BTW Ziggy I agree totally have a friend who owns two McDonalds out in the Midwest he hates them and wants to sell but not easy, corporate has to approve and people must have so much money.I have been there when interviewing happens they first want to know pay,then hours then, do not want to work on the weekends- his most important time. I remember him saying do not let the door hit you in the ass then but times are different.I would hate to have a business now days and going to get worse IMO.

3 daytona`s
03-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Actually I think Ziggy is partially right. Im only 21 so I am one of the generation that you are talking about and I've even seen that happen in the little time Ive been in the work force. My first job was at Jamba Juice which is a fast food place but doesnt have the negative conotation of McDonalds or other burger places. At that time there were quite a few white, kids about my age working there. Now (3 years later) there is really only a few at that same store. And it doesnt have to do with them not hiring white kids or people its just that the kids now feel that food service or physical labor is below them. They think that a computer based job is the only one thats worth anything. Yet if you talk to the majority of the kids now-a-days they dont know a damn thing about physical labor.
from the managment perspective its also noticeable. Instead of looking for something to do after finishing a completed job they (a good portion of them) stand around waiting for you to tell them what to do.
I also feel that todays society is adding to the lazyness of todays work force by creating all these bullshit office jobs to evaluate every single s**t the mayor takes in an hour and the boards that have to all came to the same conclusion for a damn road to be restripped.
I can go on forever about this crap.
I can not express how much respect I have for you,I was just talking to a neighbor cocktail waitress from the AVI and she said how many friends/guys look down on her. I had to laugh and give her a major ass-kick she is beautiful,wonderful personality and averages $300.00 per day LOL.I can tell you if this is going to be a service society since we ship all jobs over sea`s these people may have the first jump on everyone else.I really do not think $300.00 per day is that bad.I must say if this going to be a service society what ever, hope there are alot making the money to hire the service? Just a thought

YeLLowBoaT
03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
I can not express how much respect I have for you,I was just talking to a neighbor cocktail waitress from the AVI and she said how many friends/guys look down on her. I had to laugh and give her a major ass-kick she is beautiful,wonderful personality and averages $300.00 per day LOL.I can tell you if this is going to be a service society since we ship all jobs over sea`s these people may have the first jump on everyone else.I really do not think $300.00 per day is that bad.I must say if this going to be a service society what ever, hope there are alot making the money to hire the service? Just a thought
I think I need to meet her... cute and makes $300 a day... I'll take that any day.

Rexone
03-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Actually I think Ziggy is partially right. Im only 21 so I am one of the generation that you are talking about and I've even seen that happen in the little time Ive been in the work force. My first job was at Jamba Juice which is a fast food place but doesnt have the negative conotation of McDonalds or other burger places. At that time there were quite a few white, kids about my age working there. Now (3 years later) there is really only a few at that same store. And it doesnt have to do with them not hiring white kids or people its just that the kids now feel that food service or physical labor is below them. They think that a computer based job is the only one thats worth anything. Yet if you talk to the majority of the kids now-a-days they dont know a damn thing about physical labor.
from the managment perspective its also noticeable. Instead of looking for something to do after finishing a completed job they (a good portion of them) stand around waiting for you to tell them what to do.
I also feel that todays society is adding to the lazyness of todays work force by creating all these bullshit office jobs to evaluate every single s**t the mayor takes in an hour and the boards that have to all came to the same conclusion for a damn road to be restripped.
I can go on forever about this crap.
I see this a lot. I've had people quit & I've fired some (work is too hard or they'd rather just f'off at half throttle) (wtf this place is a piece of cake vs manual labor). I've interviewed people that know next to nothing and expect big pay. I tell them thanks for coming by (as the interview transitions to a short one).
We need a depression I think for a major attitude adjustment on just what "a job" is worth. Any job. I'm sure the oldsters (older than me) who lived through the great depression know what I'm gettin at here with regards to today's youth's (in general) attitude towards doing any real "work". Today reminds me of what the "roaring twenties" was probably like before the big crash and burn. Excessive income, excessive toys, excessive entitlement attitude, excessive life style from all the aforementioned, excessive debt, by many fueling a false value boom economy (so they say).
I really feel this country (led by our government politicians) is complacent, ignorant, for a large part clueless, not to mention major league spoiled for a large part, and in for a big shock back to economic reality one day in the not too far off future. And when I refer to big shock I'm not referring to a couple years of mild recession just to start the cycle again. I get the argument from people that historically it won't happen. I just tell them look back a little further historically and you'll see it probably will happen. ;)
And the illegal immigration program has only fed all of the above. Of course no one will want to do these jobs if the illegal Mexicans are doing them for less. Duh. Government needs to wake up and smell reality. The video I posted above outlines reality pretty well.

acatitude
03-28-2007, 05:55 PM
I think I need to meet her... cute and makes $300 a day... I'll take that any day.
YOU CAN'T AFFORD HER AND HER DADDY IS A FIREMAN
:D

YeLLowBoaT
03-28-2007, 06:07 PM
HER DADDY IS A FIREMAN
:D
that just means he won't like me...

YeLLowBoaT
03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
:mad: let see 20,999,995 to go and they'll all be gone:mad: then they can go after those who hire them:mad:
The 1st thing that needs to happen is secure the boreder...other wise they just come right back. Its like turning on the blige pump when you take the plug out...your still going to sink. then we can go after the empolyeers...( that way get 2 for one... catch the illegals working and nail the guy that is hiring them)

3 daytona`s
03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I see this a lot. I've had people quit & I've fired some (work is too hard or they'd rather just f'off at half throttle) (wtf this place is a piece of cake vs manual labor). I've interviewed people that know next to nothing and expect big pay. I tell them thanks for coming by (as the interview transitions to a short one).
We need a depression I think for a major attitude adjustment on just what "a job" is worth. Any job. I'm sure the oldsters (older than me) who lived through the great depression know what I'm gettin at here with regards to today's youth's (in general) attitude towards doing any real "work".
I really feel this country is complacent, ignorant, for a large part clueless, not to mention major league spoiled for a large part, and in for a big shock economically one day in the not too far off future.
And the illegal immigration program has only fed all of the above. Of course no one will want to do these jobs if the illegal Mexicans are doing them for less. Duh. Government needs to wake up and smell reality. The video I posted above outlines reality pretty well.
Did you read the "PORK" that was added to the emergency military bill? does anyone in Washington take anything serious? I really believe that as long as two parents work give kiddie a car and money will continue until Mom and Dad are in dire straights,which may be soon may be for the best.Then we will see how much foreign aid everyone is for,and where the money really goes.

Rexone
03-28-2007, 06:33 PM
There's more decent discussion on the immigration issue here for anyone that can weed through the unrelated bs of the PR posting. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141820)

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-28-2007, 06:34 PM
i'm doomed:D thats what i do,peace work damn good $$$ if your fast/clean and WHITE:idea: :D
fast , clean and white ,, LOL!! he is a meth head.. J/K :D

TCHB
03-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I was down the other side of Mexico City a couple of weeks ago and was talking with an American Seat Company who has moved from the US to Mexico. He said he made the move for tax savings and labor concerns in the US. He has to many Workman Comp Claims against him for BS things.
He makes seats for Marine Industry and guess what Harley Davidson seats!
I asked him if he was going to cut his prices and he said no, more money to the bottom line!!!!!! He makes 3800 seats everyday.