PDA

View Full Version : Check out this 10 year old in LT sandrail!

GETSOME
03-27-2007, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFnf17cp3Eg&feature=PlayList&p=16D3F57FA7560EE7&index=4
NUTS!

I DIG IT !
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
:) The kids an animal!!! Thats how you raise the to be little monsters. Just wait till he gets older and has his own. He'll probably do twice as much

XtrmWakeborder
03-27-2007, 08:20 PM
That was pretty damn sick, but a 10 year old driving alone doesn't seem too smart to me. God I sound old...:(

bigq
03-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Yea...hmmm... I don't know about that.:(

bigq
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
How about the rail jumping the canal....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc&feature=PlayList&p=16D3F57FA7560EE7&index=0

squirt'nmyload
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
great... it's bad enough little kids are flying around in rhinos out there

03-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I dunno, my 10 year old does 0-50 in 2.3 sec and 75 MPH in the 1/8th mile in his alcohol dragster!
Kids these days are awesome!

squirt'nmyload
03-27-2007, 08:30 PM
I dunno, my 10 year old does 0-50 in 2.3 sec and 75 MPH in the 1/8th mile in his alcohol dragster!
sound like he runs at the track in a controlled environment???
i'm all for that :)

bigq
03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Full size dragster? in an uncontrol area with no safety.....

RaceFace
03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
No wonder they keep trying to close Glamis down. Idiots like this that are ruining it for the rest of us. :mad:

pattymelt18
03-27-2007, 08:33 PM
That was pretty damn sick, but a 10 year old driving alone doesn't seem too smart to me. God I sound old...:(
That weekend wasnt that crowded besides im more frustrated of the drunken idiots drivn through camps in there lifted trucks with there flatbillers and bandanas on with no parents around.no thats not me or anybody i know in the video just seen that kid do it about 100 times and its not that big of a deal its prettey sick actually.

Big Kahunaa
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
No wonder they keep trying to close Glamis down. Idiots like this that are ruining it for the rest of us. :mad:
yea did you see all the people out there he could have ran over

RaceFace
03-27-2007, 08:39 PM
That weekend wasnt that crowded besides im more frustrated of the drunken idiots drivn through camps in there lifted trucks with there flatbillers and bandanas on with no parents around.no thats not me or anybody i know in the video just seen that kid do it about 100 times and its not that big of a deal its prettey sick actually.
Glamis has changed....and its sad. I've been going there for decades and the way its going, its going to get shut down. I wish my children could have the chance to enjoy it the way I have.

RaceFace
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
yea did you see all the people out there he could have ran over
Yeah, definately a "controlled environment". An 11 year old in a higher horsepower sandrail doing wheelies.
This is the parellel of kids too young on jetskis.

98 Vector 21
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Thats bad ass!

BadKachina
03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Too young for my comfort zone. I wouldn't him driving that car around my family.
It was cool though..............:)

RaceFace
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Gotta admit....the rail was baddass though!!! :D

vmjtc3
03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
To bad the kid has more car controll than most adults I see :D

JetBoatRich
03-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Mixed on this one:rolleyes:
My ten year old has driven all our vehicles and then some:rolleyes:
Cool to see the kid have fun and his dad let him have the fun, comment about riding alone? What could you do from the passenger seat:rolleyes: I would rather see maybe see a helmet

03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
sound like he runs at the track in a controlled environment???
i'm all for that :)
1/2 scale dragster built by Western Racing. 5HP Briggs block on alcohol making 33HP. NHRA sanctioned events only!
----Rob

03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_2451.jpg
The one on the right is the fast one. The one on the left is for 8-9 year olds ond does 53MPH in th 1/8th.

boatsnblondes
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
I dunno....the no helmet thing does leave me feeling good about it. As for Glamis, I still remember you guys jumping your quads over the tracks in front of me. Not good. :jawdrop:

LAFD
03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
thats pretty fockin stupid. a 10 year does not have the sense enough to know if something where to pop up say a rhino quad person etc he wouldnt know what to do besides run them down. scary shit.

vmjtc3
03-27-2007, 09:42 PM

eliminated1
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
someone told me that the blm saw that video and put some laws into effect a couple of years ago not letting kids under 16 drive rails. Hell its like a car and just like boating i think there is an age limit :idea:

Havasu Carrera
03-27-2007, 10:10 PM
That little kid seems to have more experience and controle than most of the people purchasing rails these days. Ok tell me what a AZZ I am. What scares me is the guy that buys the 800 hp lt and takes his little kids for a ride and shows off for his buddies. Ok Kill me.

djunkie
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
That little kid seems to have more experience and controle than most of the people purchasing rails these days. Ok tell me what a AZZ I am. What scares me is the guy that buys the 800 hp lt and takes his little kids for a ride and shows off for his buddies. Ok Kill me.
I agree. Looks to me like he can drive better than most adults I've seen in rails. Still probably not the smartest thing to do though.

Racey
03-28-2007, 06:09 AM
I'm not gonna pass judgement on anyone, that kid was one hell of a driver for how old he was, and it looked pretty frickin dead out there to me. When i was about that age my dad's buddy put me behind the wheel of his circle track dwarf car on the dry lake and i did 100, i knew what i was doing at that age and it was safe. I'm sure that pops didnt dump him into that seat without quite a bit of confidence in him, I'm sure he'd driven the car with him many times before, and the proof is in the pudding when the kid is riding out a football field wheelie.:D :D

catman-do
03-28-2007, 06:34 AM
thats pretty fockin stupid. a 10 year does not have the sense enough to know if something where to pop up say a rhino quad person etc he wouldnt know what to do besides run them down. scary shit.
How do you know he doesnt have the sense? I think there are alot of kids that have been brought up out there that have more sense then most adults out there. People dont know this kids story, what if he races other sports? Then i woud assume that he would know how to react better than most of us. There are teenagers driving multi million dollar race teams. The only part i really disagree with is that the kid didnt properly fit into the seat. If they are going to let him drive they need to get him a seat that fits. However, if you have the nervous and are consious about your surroundings, then age doesnt matter. my .02

NOTALENT
03-28-2007, 06:41 AM
That was sick. I would have put a helmet on him though. Isnt that why you take you kids to the middle of the desert....??? I remember learning at a young age...Driving my dads swamper through azuza canyon with him in the passenger seat. Some kids just get it at that age and some arent mature enough to handle it IMO.

Wheeler
03-28-2007, 06:53 AM
At age twelve, a friend was ready for solo, in this plane. He had to wait until he was sixteen, as this is the legal age.
Some Children, are more capable than most adults.

Havasu1986
03-28-2007, 06:57 AM
How do you think Robby Gordon got started.:D

haulina29
03-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Good thing you guys didnt go to a ski race in the seventies cause that dune buggy deal aint nuthin. It builds character and its the parents responsability to govern what a kid does not the community . If the video is real I say the kid is awsome and think its great the parents have enough sack to not keep the kid in a bubble .

lewiville
03-28-2007, 07:50 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_2451.jpg
The one on the right is the fast one. The one on the left is for 8-9 year olds ond does 53MPH in th 1/8th.
I wanted to get my daughter into that. Where do we start?

GETSOME
03-28-2007, 09:17 AM
The only thing that worrys me is he can not see over the steering wheel once the front end comes up.

Sleek-Jet
03-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Ya know... I was flying my Dad's airplane, driving the boat, riding motorcycles, and driving the trucks when I was 11 or 12...
But we didn't take a video and post in on the internet... :rolleyes:
He looked like he knew what he was doing, but I bet dollars to doughnuts that if this kid balls his dad's sandrail up most of the people chearing him on in this thread would be outraged that his parents let him operate it by himself.

RiverDave
03-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Good thing you guys didnt go to a ski race in the seventies cause that dune buggy deal aint nuthin. It builds character and its the parents responsability to govern what a kid does not the community . If the video is real I say the kid is awsome and think its great the parents have enough sack to not keep the kid in a bubble .
I couldn't agree more.. There wasn't anybody out there (that it looked like to me?) so If the old man has enough faith in his kid, then GOOD FOR HIM for teaching him right.
I remember the 1st time I drove my Dad's rail. Point in fact it was the first time I had driven a stick shift car. We were down in San Felipe and he took me out to an area where hardly anyone was around, got out of the car stacked up a helmet and a folded up lawn chair so I could reach the peddles and said go for it. I remember thinking it was kind of weird that he didn't want to get in the car with me.. LOL At that point I had been riding bikes, quads, ATC's... I had been driving a boat solo for about a year by then. I was 9 or 10.
It's a shame more parents nowdayz don't teach their kids to be more self reliant.
I don't have a kid, but I'll tell ya what if I was out in the middle of the desert with Knucklehead and his son Lane, and Bill wanted to teach him how to drive a car I wouldn't have any problems with it.
As someone else said, some kids are ready and some aren't. I think that has alot more to do with the way their raised then anything though.
Can someone explain to me why you need a helmet in a rail?
RD

EmpirE231
03-28-2007, 09:43 AM
some of you guys are making it sound like the kid did a frickin wheelie down the 91 freeway!!! it was in the DESERT... and it seemed to definitely be an off weekend.... how much more secluded can you be?? ... he should have set up strobe lights and light up cones and had 20 people guiding traffic huh??:D
I think it was pretty sweet... and the kid did have some skill, because he wasn't dragging the engine cage the whole time doing the wheelie... he was balancing it... that requires some talent and the knows of what's going on. some people also say it's dangerous putting a young kid on a dirtbike... but you know what.. there was this little 8 year old that would whooop all our asses on his 60 when we were on 125's and go ride with us everywhere... and that kid is now josh grant.... full factory supercross racer!

superdave013
03-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I flipped my first boat at about that age. :D
all I can say about this kid is: NICE WHEELIE!

Cole Trickle
03-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Kid has some good throttle control....better than most of the yahoos at comp hill that look like there gonna go over backwards with a crowd around.
I started riding stand up jetskis when I was 6 in blythe. At 10 I was as good or better than most of the adults in our group.
If the conditions are controlled and everything is Kosher I say more power to the parents.
My kids will drive stick well before there 16th birthday:)

Biglue
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I see that as a great father and son moment. By the looks of the place it looked fairly empty. I would assume they lined up their ducks as far as being safe. If they are being safe and considerate of what they're doing, more power to them. Awsome driving on the kid's part.

Deano
03-28-2007, 10:26 AM
That was sweet. I don't see anything wrong with it. We didn't have a rail, but I was driving my dads truck in the desert at 8...Those are some good memories. Except bending the front axle:D

RiverToysJas
03-28-2007, 12:05 PM
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.....until then - ROCK-ON!!!! :D
When I was a kid we rode motorcycles w/o a helmet :eek: , we DIDN'T wear seatbelts in cars :eek: , and I rode in the back of a pickup truck fairly often :eek: !!! Statistically I shouldn't even be here........ah....but I am! ;)
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
03-28-2007, 12:09 PM
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.....until then - ROCK-ON!!!! :D
When I was a kid we rode motorcycles w/o a helmet :eek: , we DIDN'T wear seatbelts in cars :eek: , and I rode in the back of a pickup truck fairly often :eek: !!! Statistically I shouldn't even be here........ah....but I am! ;)
RTJas :D
Oh yeah ....... and we'd shooting a lot too...... :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

driverno8
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Father-son bonding time at it's best! Can't wait til my son gets older.:D

hoolign
03-28-2007, 12:48 PM
I couldn't agree more.. There wasn't anybody out there (that it looked like to me?) so If the old man has enough faith in his kid, then GOOD FOR HIM for teaching him right.
I remember the 1st time I drove my Dad's rail. Point in fact it was the first time I had driven a stick shift car. We were down in San Felipe and he took me out to an area where hardly anyone was around, got out of the car stacked up a helmet and a folded up lawn chair so I could reach the peddles and said go for it. I remember thinking it was kind of weird that he didn't want to get in the car with me.. LOL At that point I had been riding bikes, quads, ATC's... I had been driving a boat solo for about a year by then. I was 9 or 10.
It's a shame more parents nowdayz don't teach their kids to be more self reliant.
I don't have a kid, but I'll tell ya what if I was out in the middle of the desert with Knucklehead and his son Lane, and Bill wanted to teach him how to drive a car I wouldn't have any problems with it.
As someone else said, some kids are ready and some aren't. I think that has alot more to do with the way their raised then anything though.
Can someone explain to me why you need a helmet in a rail?
RD
Only after 4 beer!

bohica
03-28-2007, 01:02 PM
The owner of the car was one of the biggest Funco supporters back in the day. Then one night about 3 to 4 years ago he decided it would be a good idea to do some high speed wheelies at night. Well things went terribly wrong and he managed to cart wheel the buggy after launching off a mound of sand out in front of pad 4 at Glamis. He was very seriously hurt, with massive face injuries and spent months in the hospital. From what I heard, his seat belts were on, but not cinched down tight. Tried to blame Funco for the entire accident, talks of lawsuits were rampant.
In my opinion, it was his bad decisions that were to blame for his accident. As you can see from this video, it wasn't his first.

rrrr
03-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I'd have a helmet on the kid if he was mine.....but other than that it looked like the boy knew his stuff and had some seat time.
No one else around at the time.....seemed OK to me.