PDA

View Full Version : OT Header Plumbing ??

67weimann
03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll be re-doing all of the water hoses in my boat since I'm going from logs to OT headers. I was wondering what type of hose you guys recommend for plumbing the system. Do you use SS Braided or something else??

squirt'nmyload
03-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I'll be re-doing all of the water hoses in my boat since I'm going from logs to OT headers. I was wondering what type of hose you guys recommend for plumbing the system. Do you use SS Braided or something else??
havn't you seen mine??....stainless braided from the bassett T vale to the headers and i just have rubber from the water intake to the regular T....and rubber from the regular T to the motor :)

67weimann
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah I've seen yours but, what type of rubber hose is it from the pump into the motor? Heater hose?

squirt'nmyload
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah I've seen yours but, what type of rubber hose is it from the pump into the motor? Heater hose?
it's not heater hose......200 psi marine water hose :)

67weimann
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM
That's what I needed to know. You got yours from Timm right?

GUGS102
03-28-2007, 01:29 PM
make sure you have the restrictors in the header lines, otherwise you'll wash down the jugs.
For hose I run the aeroquip black stuff with the barbed fittings, carry it at lopers. You can get the good hose (high pressure) at granberry for cheap. I think I paid $10 for 15' just to have some extra in the shop.
Gugs

Jetaholic
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Instead of feeding your headers from the dump line circuit...
Feed your header T-Valve from a gate valve coming off of the water crossover located on your intake manifold. Instead of closing the valve to get more water you will be opening the valve to get more header water, but you won't be affecting your internal block water pressure by adjusting the headers. Really you can even take your header water feed from the water coming in from the pump too, but I find it easier to take it from your intake manifold water crossover.
If you're running an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap manifold, there is a water fitting both on the top of the water crossover and one in the front of it. The one in the front would be a great place to pull header water from.