PDA

View Full Version : It's a miracle!!!

EAZYKILLER2006
03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
we have had such a bad week... our really good friends steve and tammy were at the river this last weekend, planning on staying in havi, thru till the rhino run, at the end of the month...
so, i called steve to see how its going monday... since we didnt head out to havi, last weekend, i said see ya thursday...he said they are in cali, at loma linda...turns out their daughter, amanda (18) was in a near fatal car accident, and is now in loma linda (with massive head trama)...
we have been with steve and tammy, every night at the hospital.... the DR gave her a 1% chance of pulling thru..
WELL, tonight she pulled thru ...i think, pray and hope everything will be ok...when steve found out about the accident his daughter was in, he left everything..
his artic cat, is at the shop... R&R (randy probably wonders what happened) his jeep, is across from randys shop, at the storage... they also, probably wonder what happened...we have the keys to both, and will get everything friday... well, that was the shitty part of out week ...but the good part is mandy is responding...what a miracle!!!
i just cant deal with this kind of stuff very well...we have been crying our eyes out every day...
I NEED A SERIOUS DRINK...
HEY TODD, IF YA SEE RANDY, LET HIM KNOW WHAT HAPPENED...STEVE ISNT A FLAKE...

phebus
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
If you need any help out here in Havasu until you can get here, just let me know.

707dog
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
wow well my blessing and wishes go out to the the family and the young girl...so sad to hear!!

03-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Prayers for you!
I worked there for 6 years and their ICU is 2nd to none!
----Rob

EAZYKILLER2006
03-27-2007, 09:24 PM
If you need any help out here in Havasu until you can get here, just let me know.
steve just mentioned the prowler...he dropped it off friday... and didnt leave a number with randy...he told randy he would pick it up later that day, and ...well... randy hasnt heard from him...its been 5 days...yea.. randy probably wonders whats up...

EAZYKILLER2006
03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
thanks every one.... i am going to have to go to bed ...this shait has really messed me up... i just want to sleep for a week...good night.... and see everyone thurs...we will be in town about 5pm...

All-Star
03-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Just keep praying.
Simular thing happened to my brother when he was 23. He was given about the same odds. But that was 17 years ago. We lived in the ICU for at least 30 days. It was crazy. At least she is at a way better facility.
He did pull through. He did have to go to rehab to get back to normal motor function, etc. But all was well. It all depends on where the brain damage happened and how quickly the doctors responded to her injuries (ie pressure on the brain, bleeding, etc.)
Technology has advanced a lot in the past 17 years. Keep positive and never give up.;)
My thought and prayers are with you and their family.
I totally empathize with your situation.:(

Todd969
03-28-2007, 06:59 AM
I got the R&R part covered...... Tell them not to worry about that. Just stay with their daughter.

jrgaudettes
03-28-2007, 07:05 AM
So Sad to here this. I pray everything gets better. If you guys needed anything let me know.
Leo

Debbolas
03-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Our wishes and prayers are with your friends daughter
Deb & Matt

phebus
03-28-2007, 07:46 AM
steve just mentioned the prowler...he dropped it off friday... and didnt leave a number with randy...he told randy he would pick it up later that day, and ...well... randy hasnt heard from him...its been 5 days...yea.. randy probably wonders whats up...
Don't worry, Randy probably doesn't remember, and probably hasn't gotten to it yet. :)

mrs.rvrluvr
03-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Laurie...we've been praying for your friend ever since you told me....I really hope she makes it. Our thoughts & prayers are with her & the family....Let me know if you need anything or just want to talk. We're here for you girl!!

DILLIGAF
03-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news :(

parker1356
03-28-2007, 08:10 AM
We are so glad Amanda is doing better! My husband and I were the first ones on the scene of Amanda and Andrew's accident - it happened right in front of us! She was not speeding; she was driving safely when their car appeared to have a sudden front tire blow-out and within a split second they were off the road, rolling and rolling down the ravine between the highway. I called 911 while my husband and another guy crossed the highway to help. Within a few seconds they had 3 off duty paramedics, 1 off duty military medic and one registered nurse at their sides - all carrying their medical/first aid gear with them! God bless these people! They were on their way home like us and jumped into action - they did so much! Checked vitals, stabilized as best they could, stopped bleeding, instructed us "lay people" with blankets, towels, etc. They were Andrew and Amanda's miracle! It, of course, took about an hour for the two life-flight helicopters to get there but they were in good hands until then. After staying with both of them over an hour, when we watched them get air-lifted and fly away we just stood there in silence and couldn't believe how quickly it happened and prayed they'd be ok. We have two daughters and worry about them all the time! We make this CA to AZ drive several times a month so it makes you stop and think. But, like I told each of the young medics (4 guys and a girl) who helped, if something were to happen you couldn't ask for better help than what Amanda and Andrew got at the scene! My husband and I have been thinking and wondering about Amanda - we knew her injuries were very serious and we were coming to terms with not getting closure on her condition. When we saw your comments we were so glad to hear she was still alive and improving. Please pass on any information you have on her whenever possible. They were such a young, innocent couple just driving home from a fun weekend in Havasu - so tragic. We couldn't get them off our minds so hearing this news from you really helps!

That Guy
03-28-2007, 08:55 AM
We are so glad Amanda is doing better! My husband and I were the first ones on the scene of Amanda and Andrew's accident - it happened right in front of us! She was not speeding; she was driving safely when their car appeared to have a sudden front tire blow-out and within a split second they were off the road, rolling and rolling down the ravine between the highway. I called 911 while my husband and another guy crossed the highway to help. Within a few seconds they had 3 off duty paramedics, 1 off duty military medic and one registered nurse at their sides - all carrying their medical/first aid gear with them! God bless these people! They were on their way home like us and jumped into action - they did so much! Checked vitals, stabilized as best they could, stopped bleeding, instructed us "lay people" with blankets, towels, etc. They were Andrew and Amanda's miracle! It, of course, took about an hour for the two life-flight helicopters to get there but they were in good hands until then. After staying with both of them over an hour, when we watched them get air-lifted and fly away we just stood there in silence and couldn't believe how quickly it happened and prayed they'd be ok. We have two daughters and worry about them all the time! We make this CA to AZ drive several times a month so it makes you stop and think. But, like I told each of the young medics (4 guys and a girl) who helped, if something were to happen you couldn't ask for better help than what Amanda and Andrew got at the scene! My husband and I have been thinking and wondering about Amanda - we knew her injuries were very serious and we were coming to terms with not getting closure on her condition. When we saw your comments we were so glad to hear she was still alive and improving. Please pass on any information you have on her whenever possible. They were such a young, innocent couple just driving home from a fun weekend in Havasu - so tragic. We couldn't get them off our minds so hearing this news from you really helps!
Very nice note and it is always great to hear about truly nice things people do to help others out...Kudo's to Parker1356, the paramedics and nurse who stopped to help...good karma coming your way.:)

Mandelon
03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Was this on the 8 fwy between the rest stop and Gordons Well? We were in the traffic behind it, coming from Yuma. We watched the helicopters come in.
We ended up turning around and going back to the rest stop and around through the off road area. Lots of people in passenger cars were getting stuck in the silt and sand....lots of traffic backed up. Both directions were shut down so it had to be serious.
I am so glad to hear your friends are doing better. Life and health can be taken in an instant.....we shouldn't take them for granted.

purrfecttremor
03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Very hard post to read.Our prayers go out tu everyone.

Parker Dreamin
03-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Stay strong !!!!!!

EAZYKILLER2006
03-28-2007, 08:51 PM
wow, just saw this post ...thanks ...amanda i doing better
andrew, end up with a broken foot... not a scratch on him...
right now the main concern is amandas type of blood... its AB positive...denny and karen are going to be out on the water with us this friday
they have a yellow magic 28 deck boat...he(denny) has her type blood and will be donating...mandy has a trac and a feeding tube due to go in tomorrow, thats the latest news thanks again

Buddy
03-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Said a prayer for her.

parker1356
03-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the update on Amanda! We really appreciate it! We'll keep her in our prayers - she has a long road of recovery ahead. Please keep the updates coming as we'll be thinking of her daily.

Mrs. 20
03-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Praying for everyone involved. Keep your head up. :)

78CoLe
03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
thoughts and prayers for all who are invovled

EAZYKILLER2006
04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
so we are at the topock run ,and we get a call from our friends, denny and karen... they said the family(amanda's)was together last weekend, just before her accident...chet took this family pic
so we had chet turn it into a poster pic for them ...its andrew, tammy, steve, amanda, one of amandas g/friends and some guy...
she is doing so much better...we will see her this wed...
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/amanda.jpg

MR.rvrluvr
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
so we are at the topock run ,and we get a call from our friends, denny and karen... they said the family(amanda's)was together last weekend, just before her accident...chet took this family pic
so we had chet turn it into a poster pic for them ...its andrew, tammy, steve, amanda, one of amandas g/friends and some guy...
she is doing so much better...we will see her this wed...
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/amanda.jpg
Lauri, Melissa and I have not stopped thinking about her and the family....Thanx for the update...Glad she is doing better....Hated to here this.... If you and Fernando need anything at all we are just a phone call away.... Love ya
Tim

EAZYKILLER2006
04-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Lauri, Melissa and I have not stopped thinking about her and the family....Thanx for the update...Glad she is doing better....Hated to here this.... If you and Fernando need anything at all we are just a phone call away.... Love ya
Tim
thanks guys!
amanda is doing better...
we went down to loma linda to visit wed..she had surgery that day earlier, to fix some of the broken bones in her face, and she did fine... not to much swelling...
she still hasnt spoke, or opened her eyes ...but she is breathing on her own, and is responding to her parents voices...she is in our prayers

TBONE1904
04-05-2007, 11:40 PM
thanks guys!
amanda is doing better...
we went down to loma linda to visit wed..she had surgery that day earlier, to fix some of the broken bones in her face, and she did fine... not to much swelling...
she still hasnt spoke, or opened her eyes ...but she is breathing on her own, and is responding to her parents voices...she is in our prayers
What else can I say but GOD is good. I have been in her shoes...honestly.
LORD I pray for blessing to Amanda, and her family. I pray for extra comfort to her parents, and family through this difficult time....in your name LORD JESUS I pray Amen.