PDA

View Full Version : W/B I-40 Needles Inspection Station

Havasu_Dreamin
03-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I sent an email to the California State Department of Agriculture asking if they were going to do anything to help alleviate the potential congestion at the Needls inspection station as the summer boating traffic increases. This is the resposne I received:
Thank you for your concern and support for our efforts. To help alleviate the expected traffic congestion due to the boat inspections, the stations have worked up alternative inspection options. One option will include signage for separating the boats from other vehicles. Another option is to have an alternate inspection area to move the boats to for inspection. All the options will depend on the traffic flow and personnel available to do the inspections.
We do not believe there will be a significant delay in travel due to the boat inspections; although, you should expect some congestion at the stations during peak periods.
Again, thank you for your concern and your support is greatly appreciated.
Roger Cline
Plant Quarantine Officer

shueman
03-28-2007, 09:01 AM
They will do their best to keep things moving through... :cool: As the temps increase, most boats will be dry, inside and out.

That Guy
03-28-2007, 09:59 AM
I sent an email to the California State Department of Agriculture asking if they were going to do anything to help alleviate the potential congestion at the Needls inspection station as the summer boating traffic increases. This is the resposne I received:
Look at you getting all governmental and sh!t.....:D Thanks for the info...:)

HocusPocus
03-28-2007, 10:58 AM
i went thru three times over the past handful of weeks without any problem but a friend just pulled his boat back from havi and said he was stuck in a line for awhile. im sure when the season is going or on a holiday weekend getting back into Ca is gonna be a mess unless your doing it at 2 am.

h2oski2fast
03-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Just live with it. So it takes an extra 10 minutes for you to get hime. Big F-n deal. Or maybe you should do your part and just stay home, that would help out with congestion.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Just live with it. So it takes an extra 10 minutes for you to get hime. Big F-n deal. Or maybe you should do your part and just stay home, that would help out with congestion.
Just thought it might be something other people might be interested in.....

riverracerXXX
03-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Boat inspection on I-40?

Kilrtoy
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
and people say I am MEAN

dumbandyoung
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Read my mind. Hahaha!

h2oski2fast
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
and people say I am MEAN
It was just a suggestion. And I am mean.;) ;) ;)

WYRD
03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
what a dick:D

Havasu1986
03-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Just thought it might be something other people might be interested in.....
Thanks for the info. :)

Waist Deep
03-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Speakin of the 40, is it still all Fd up with construction going East?

Havasu_Dreamin
03-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Construction has now moved over to the W/B side in the same area. The E/B side is being used for both directioins of travel at this time.

Waist Deep
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Great, Thank You. Something to look forward to.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the info. :)
Great, Thank You. Something to look forward to.
You're both welcome. :)
FWIW, keep the speeds down as you approach the construction zones as they have CHP at both ends and sometimes a third one sitting somewhere in the middle or along the side in the construction area.....

HocusPocus
03-28-2007, 02:06 PM
two weeks ago it was only one section going east and 2 sections of construction going west, is it still the same?

Newcastle
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM
You're both welcome. :)
FWIW, keep the speeds down as you approach the construction zones as they have CHP at both ends and sometimes a third one sitting somewhere in the middle or along the side in the construction area.....
I second that. Drove through it yesterday afternoon. Chippies had a car pulled over, luckily I got to follow a semi through so I was doing the speed limit. Chippy in both ends, didn't see any radar guns though