PDA

View Full Version : Talk about credit.....how about ID THEFT!

Silver
03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyone have experience with this? Anyone know a good clean up person who can help with this BULLSHIT!

AZJD
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Unfortunatly you are better off changing your identity! It is hard as hell to recover from it now with the internet as active with predators as it is.
Did you catch the Dateline speacial on this last night? Not sure when but it is a several part series, you should watch it!

marty722
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Dateline was very cool to watch last night. Don't miss next week as they are chasing down people in other countries that are ripping people off in the US. Great show....

Silver
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Unfortunatly you are better off changing your identity! It is hard as hell to recover from it now with the internet as active with predators as it is.
Did you catch the Dateline speacial on this last night? Not sure when but it is a several part series, you should watch it!
I know a little about this.....but it was when people first started doing it. New aka name or tax Id number right? Do you know how, or someone who does?

HocusPocus
03-28-2007, 12:02 PM
someone used my identity to get some cell phones and credit cards a couple years ago. it took me a few months but was able to clean it up on my own. every place i had to deal with had a special dept for credit fraud or identity theft and were pretty helpful. all just wanted a copy of the police report mailed to them.

essexjet
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Just heard a commercial on Bloomberg radio this morning, thinking about signing up. Has anyone else looked into something like this??
www.lifelock.com

wright27
03-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I had two different cell phones at two different times that someone stole my SS# and got. Both had outstanding debt for over $1500. I called the company's (Verizon and cingular) and told them it was not mine. I told them to prove it was my signature for the account. They sent me to the identity theft department and about one month later I got a letter stating It was fraud.

probablecause
03-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Nothing will ever change until they start mandating thumbprints on all applications. Between the ball-less D.A.'s filing standards and the lack of interest from the actual companies (who just pass the cost off to you), it will never change. Cleanup is very tough and you have to stay on-top of it and it can re-surface years down the road. I have tried to have the I.D. Theft Laws (530.5 PC) changed in California but nobody wants to get involved.

Jordy
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Just heard a commercial on Bloomberg radio this morning, thinking about signing up. Has anyone else looked into something like this??
www.lifelock.com
Signed up for it and am loving it just based upon the fact that I'm not getting 400 pre-approved credit card offers in the mail on a daily basis. Anytime I apply for something, as soon as my credit is run, I get a phone call to verify my identity. The guy who owns the company gives out his full name and SSN on the commercial and says good luck with it. Oh, and the million $$$$ fraud guaranty doesn't hurt either. ;)

essexjet
03-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Signed up for it and am loving it just based upon the fact that I'm not getting 400 pre-approved credit card offers in the mail on a daily basis. Anytime I apply for something, as soon as my credit is run, I get a phone call to verify my identity. The guy who owns the company gives out his full name and SSN on the commercial and says good luck with it. Oh, and the million $$$$ fraud guaranty doesn't hurt either. ;)
Yeah I heard him give it out and saw that he post it on his website. For the $10 monthly fee cant be it and its Jordy approved. Sign me up:D

ChumpChange
03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
I heard that Jordy actually works for lifelock and they pay him to steal peoples identities and then he signs them up for lifelock. It's a sales ploy! :D

Jordy
03-28-2007, 04:20 PM
For the $10 monthly fee cant be it and its Jordy approved. Sign me up:D
Kid tested. Jordy approved. :D :D :D
Seems like cheap insurance to me. You could really do the same thing yourself if you had the discipline and wanted to file fraud reports with the 3 reporting companies every 120 days, then again, you still wouldn't have the insurance.
I heard that Jordy actually works for lifelock and they pay him to steal peoples identities and then he signs them up for lifelock. It's a sales ploy! :D
Dammnit, now my secret is out. I was using the money I was making to pay for my wedding. I'm thinking about popping the question to Heartless. Now it's all ruined!!! :D :D :D

AZJD
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
I know a little about this.....but it was when people first started doing it. New aka name or tax Id number right? Do you know how, or someone who does?
No I don't! Sorry! You could always change your name to Maria and move to Mexico! Thats what I am doing pretty soon!:D