PDA

View Full Version : what/where/how much/ was your gps

wickedfab
03-28-2007, 09:00 PM
you get the point...im looking for maybe 100$$ one.
what do you have?
how much was it?
where did you get it?
do you like it?
etc

RCB19
03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Garmin E-Trex... Target no more tha $90. Water resistant great for a boat.

Havasu Carrera
03-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Ditto but lets keep it our little secret.

Moneypitt
03-28-2007, 09:45 PM
A member here sells them, my yellow one was a repaired, as new unit, and it was $75. shipped to my door.......MP

draggin craft
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
nybody know of a good handheld GPS that not only gives you your MPH but also shows you where your at on the lake with a generic top map.. one that also shows you your path of travel so you can make the same path back?? any one?

Moneypitt
03-29-2007, 12:11 AM
nybody know of a good handheld GPS that not only gives you your MPH but also shows you where your at on the lake with a generic top map.. one that also shows you your path of travel so you can make the same path back?? any one?
I believe that is called a "track" and all that I've seen have that feature. And can store a number of them.........MP

Some Kind Of Monster
03-29-2007, 08:00 AM
A member here sells them, my yellow one was a repaired, as new unit, and it was $75. shipped to my door.......MP
Care to share who? I would like one.

Jess475
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
It is water resistant, to about 3 feet. Any lower in the water than that, and it floods with water, and you have to send it back to the manufacturer to get it replaced (for free). I know this from experience.

Jess475
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Go to Walmart or Target and get yourself a Garmin GPS. they are around $100 and they work great, and they are water resistant to about 3 feet for less than 1 minute, I have learned this from experience.

Aluminum Squirt
03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a Garmin GPS V+. I've had 3 or 4 Gramin's, they have all worked very well and have been 100% reliable. I don't know if the GPS V is still being produced. Do yourself a favor and bypass the $100 model and spend $2-400 on a nice one with a base map, waypoints etc. I bought a cheap one when I was in Kuwait and it was the business. The militray ones were more accurate but not very user friendly, that may have changed now. Anyway, after buying a cheap one with minimal features, I got addicted and wanted more and more. I ended up with the GPS V. Now I have a mount in both boats, motorcycle, and both trucks. I have downloaded my local maps and I can type in an address in my county and it will take me turn by turn to the address. It's really useful on the bigger lakes like Shasta when you can get a little disoriented. I also use it to mark the race coarse, shallow spots and hold my max speed when I'm running the race boat. If you are only going to use it for speed, then the cheap model will work, but I highly recommend the better one with some mapping features and I highly recommned anything from Garmin. Magellan may be good but I have no experience with them-Aluminum Squirt

IMPATIENT 1
03-29-2007, 12:48 PM
garmen etrex, love it, doesn't drain batteries fast like my high $$ did. and if i lost it to the deep, i'm out 75 bucks, wal-mart.

Moneypitt
03-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Care to share who? I would like one.
If I could remember I would. I was hoping he would step up. He is connected to the mail order end, and everyone there was very helpful........He had the Garman info in his signature............if that helps any.....I might have the receit, I'll look around.......MP

IMPATIENT 1
03-29-2007, 05:32 PM
wasn't it sleek? he's a gps dealer isn't he?:confused: remember somebody having etrex's on here realllly cheap last summer.

sleekcrafter
03-29-2007, 07:15 PM
We are fresh out of the OH units, just factory new units at the present time. For more info check here www.gpsworldsupply.com or call us on the 800 line.

IMPATIENT 1
03-29-2007, 07:27 PM
We are fresh out of the OH units, just factory new units at the present time. For more info check here www.gpsworldsupply.com or call us on the 800 line.
lol, i guess i didn't burn up all my memory brain cells in high school:D :burningm:

jbone
03-30-2007, 04:14 AM
I will sell mine for $50.00. It is water proof, and I think it floats. I can verify if you are interested.
I used it on my boat for 2 years. It is very easy to use. The only thing missing for me was it did not save maximum speed.
Here is a link to a picture and description.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_ri_4/601-0144652-1720175?ie=UTF8&asin=B00029TN9S

Some Kind Of Monster
03-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Jbone, YGPM

jbone
03-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Back at ya.
J

Some Kind Of Monster
03-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Got me a GPS. Thanks Jason! I'll let you know when it arrives.

XJBones
03-31-2007, 11:17 PM
I have a Garmin GPS V+. I've had 3 or 4 Gramin's, they have all worked very well and have been 100% reliable. I don't know if the GPS V is still being produced.
The GPS-V is no longer produced by Garmin, but deals can still be had on e-bay (several currently listed from $0.99 to $100). I think the newest City Select software that came out with the GPS-V was v6 though there is a v7 out now.
It's a great unit if you don't need colors. I run one in my Daily driver as well. Will be installing mounts for it in the boat shortly.
Bones