PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro Houseboat Dock Failure?

Familycat
03-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Just got word yesterday that during the very heavy winds on Tuesday, the houseboat docks at Fleming meadows broke sending many boats into the shore. Unsure to actual damage. I know one guy on the boards with DCB Mach 22 has a houseboatboat in that marina. I think his boat is "Lazy Daze" Anyone have any other details.
Rick

Boatmaster
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Very sorry to hear this news!! That Boat Lazy Daze is owned by Sleeper here on the boards. Hope everyones boat is ok.

Sleeper
03-29-2007, 08:40 PM
There was minor damage to a few boats, but the marina itself suffered some major breaks. One of the cables broke and the marina blew into shore on end and pushed one of the houseboats on to the shore. One of the fingers broke and blew a few boats together. Luckly my boat (Lazy Days) suffered no damage.

Eliminator 4 Life
03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Holy shit Im gonna go up sat. Sleeper hows the new ride coming along:D

Familycat
03-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Sleeper,
Now that the dock is all broken up, what are they going to do with all the houseboats. I assume fixing the dock will take many months.
Rick

bubbletop409
03-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Talked to a buddy of mine this morning who had his houseboat involved in that incident. His boat was not damaged, but is currently trapped by other boats, told me the first step was going to be to get all the houseboats on bouys, before reconstruction can begin.

Sleeper
04-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Well all the houseboats are off the marina and on bouys for now. No one knows for sure what is going to happen now, still waiting for insurance adjusters. If they rebuild who knows how long it will take, but if they build another one it could take a minimum of six months. Just have to wait and see.
E4L - I spoke to DCB today and they have finished blueprinting the bottom and are starting to work on the interior. Looking for mid May!!!!!!!

Familycat
04-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Well all the houseboats are off the marina and on bouys for now. No one knows for sure what is going to happen now, still waiting for insurance adjusters. If they rebuild who knows how long it will take, but if they build another one it could take a minimum of six months. Just have to wait and see.
E4L - I spoke to DCB today and they have finished blueprinting the bottom and are starting to work on the interior. Looking for mid May!!!!!!!
Is it a possibility that they will not rebuild the docks? We are looking to purchase a houseboat but want one in the houseboat dock area.
What are you building and what are you going to do with the 22.
Rick

Sherpa
04-03-2007, 09:14 AM
my buddie has a houseboat there also, but it was already on a bouy.
were any bouyed-boats involved/damaged in this incident-? I'd like to inform
him if there were......
--Sherpa

Familycat
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
my buddie has a houseboat there also, but it was already on a bouy.
were any bouyed-boats involved/damaged in this incident-? I'd like to inform
him if there were......
--Sherpa
I don't believe so. Only the houseboat dock at Fleming failed.
Rick

Sleeper
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
The only damage at the Fleming area was to the houseboat dock, Mocassin had a line break and several boats damaged, but I do not know which ones.
The 22 was traded into DCB and has already been sold. The new one will be another 22 (26 is too large for me) with a Viper 710.

bocco
04-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Was up at Don Pedro over the weekend to work on our houseboat. First thing we noticed was that all of the bouys in Schoolhouse cove were full. Then we took a cruise on Sunday and saw the damage to the docks.
One thing that came to mind was that about two years ago I was told that was discussion about building new houseboat docks in the cove on the other side of the marina along with new bouys to move the boats out of school house cove. Maybe this will get that moving. Those house boat docks were in pretty bad shape to repair anyway. I guess if they have to build new ones they'll raise the rates again.
Gonna really piss off the dock ballers when they have to hang out on bouys all summer.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Was up at Don Pedro over the weekend to work on our houseboat. First thing we noticed was that all of the bouys in Schoolhouse cove were full. Then we took a cruise on Sunday and saw the damage to the docks.
One thing that came to mind was that about two years ago I was told that was discussion about building new houseboat docks in the cove on the other side of the marina along with new bouys to move the boats out of school house cove. Maybe this will get that moving. Those house boat docks were in pretty bad shape to repair anyway. I guess if they have to build new ones they'll raise the rates again.
Gonna really piss off the dock ballers when they have to hang out on bouys all summer.
Yea the drunk dock ballers wont be happy haha. Good one Gary I owe you a beer for that....

Familycat
04-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Which houseboat is yours and where is your boat located.
Rick

Familycat
04-04-2007, 07:31 AM
The only damage at the Fleming area was to the houseboat dock, Mocassin had a line break and several boats damaged, but I do not know which ones.
The 22 was traded into DCB and has already been sold. The new one will be another 22 (26 is too large for me) with a Viper 710.
Now that all the marina housboats are on balls, what does everybody do with refridgerator items. The boat we are looking at uses a standard house fridge. I assume everyone just brings up coolers until they fix the docks. Sounds like this year is shot for having electricity.
Congratulations. I hear the 22 with the Viper is one fast mofo.
Rick

bocco
04-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Which houseboat is yours and where is your boat located.
Rick
We are in school house cove. Boat is named "High Maintenance".

bocco
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Now that all the marina housboats are on balls, what does everybody do with refridgerator items. The boat we are looking at uses a standard house fridge. I assume everyone just brings up coolers until they fix the docks. Sounds like this year is shot for having electricity.
Congratulations. I hear the 22 with the Viper is one fast mofo.
Rick
We run a propane RV type fridge on ours. The goal is to get enough solar on the roof to run a very efficient residential fridge off of the inverter. We do pretty well right now as far as power goes. We run toasters and coffee maker. The ladies use curling irons and blow dryers and we don't own a generator. Solar panels charge the batteries pretty well. How do you run your fridge when you are out on the lake?
Gary

Familycat
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
We run a propane RV type fridge on ours. The goal is to get enough solar on the roof to run a very efficient residential fridge off of the inverter. We do pretty well right now as far as power goes. We run toasters and coffee maker. The ladies use curling irons and blow dryers and we don't own a generator. Solar panels charge the batteries pretty well. How do you run your fridge when you are out on the lake?
Gary
Don't know as we have not yet made a purchase. That is why I was asking. The boat we are looking at has an invertor but no solar panels. I believe they ran off 110V in the slip and batteries when on the lake. That system won't work if we are continually on the ball. I guess we might be looking at some solar panels. Where do you purchase them and how big is needed? We should hook up if we make the deal. I have seen your boat on your avatar out at the waterfall. We should hook up for a "frosty beverage" the next time we are a Pedro. I love that lake.
Rick

bocco
04-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Familycat, check your PMs