PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Felons???

LHC30Victory
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I know there are a lot of valid arguments for and against hiring those who have done time for various things, but does anyone know of a company in the Fontana area that may be looking for someone who has experience in Data Entry in order to help them get back on their feet?????
If not Data Entry, maybe something else that can be taught...
PM me and I'll provide more details..
Thanks in advance,,,,Ted

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-29-2007, 10:58 AM
well I hope someone can help this person out.. Everyone needs to get a new start somewhere.
good luck to them.;)

LHC30Victory
03-29-2007, 06:48 PM
104 views and one reply....jobs must be scarce....I will refer her to the EDD folks at her parole office...

hoolign
03-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Have you checked with any chop shops?
J/K :D I'm sure someone has a lead!

YeLLowBoaT
03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
it depends on what the felony was( and when it was)... and what job they are going to do...
If its a job that they need to be bonded... your out of luck.

riverbound
03-29-2007, 06:56 PM
We hire felons as long as its not a violent crime or theft related. WE have local and work where travel is required.

finsfan4life
03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
I know of a place just west of Fontucky off the 60 frwy....Its called Chino state prison..If this person is on Parole, theres like a 75% chance they'll be right back anyway....
Does this person's data entry experience have to do with license plate numbers....???

ratso
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I know of a place just west of Fontucky off the 60 frwy....Its called Chino state prison..If this person is on Parole, theres like a 75% chance they'll be right back anyway....
Does this person's data entry experience have to do with license plate numbers....???
...so, are you saying don't give any convicted felons a chance. I know of two that are good friends of mine, did something stupid and in the day, couldn't afford a good attorney to get them off. One now owns his own limo business and the other holds down a steady job and would give his life for any one of his friends, including me.
I had felony assault charges against me for years, fought it and paid out the ass just to prove my innocence. So, if in fact I didn't have the money to fight it, and had to take the felony and have it on my record, then would I also be a piece of shit?http://***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

ratso
03-29-2007, 07:11 PM
...excuse me, I know of 3.;)

YeLLowBoaT
03-29-2007, 07:13 PM
...so, are you saying don't give any convicted felons a chance. I know of two that are good friends of mine, did something stupid and in the day, couldn't afford a good attorney to get them off. One now owns his own limo business and the other holds down a steady job and would give his life for any one of his friends, including me.
I had felony assault charges against me for years, fought it and paid out the ass just to prove my innocence. So, if in fact I didn't have the money to fight it, and had to take the felony and have it on my record, then would I also be a piece of shit?http://***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
yeah but this is CA... every thing is a felony... Even a single bottle rocket or fire cracker is...yet DUI is not... I have yet to figure that one out.

IMPATIENT 1
03-29-2007, 07:13 PM
data entry, maybe the prison had 1 of those credit card tech centers on the grounds. a prison @70miles north from me has those kida programs, i think they do date entry to directv or dish, sumthing like that.
hope she finds a job quik, best way to keep her outta trouble!

ratso
03-29-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah but this is CA... every thing is a felony... Even a single bottle rocket or fire cracker is...yet DUI is not... I have yet to figure that one out.
...nor is crossing the border illegally lol...:D

3 daytona`s
03-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Right, let`s not give a person a chance, a reason to look to the future,a reason for hope.No money,no chance in our legal system,regardless give a good person a chance or they may well be back in the prison system

finsfan4life
03-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Ok your right, but I am talking about the felonies like dope,theft, Gangster related crimes I guess..and buy the way, it takes a shift load of fire crackers to make it a felony....

hoolign
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Ok your right, but I am talking about the felonies like dope,theft, Gangster related crimes I guess..and buy the way, it takes a shift load of fire crackers to make it a felony....
and just what do you have against dope?? :mad:

ratso
03-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh damn, don't let EAZY see this thread...:D

BigDoug
03-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Ted, what did you do now ?....................hehe :D

LHC30Victory
03-29-2007, 08:13 PM
I will not post what this person may or may not have done. That would be classless. I was asking if there was anyone who was serious about wanting more info before hiring this person.
I would not even consider asking this for anyone (other than a very close friend or family) if it had anything to do with violent crime or involving a criminal street gang element.
Thank you all for your opinions, we all are entitled to them and are based on our own perceptions and experiences. I just thought I'd ask, cause I said I would.

hoolign
03-29-2007, 08:22 PM
I will not post what this person may or may not have done. That would be classless. I was asking if there was anyone who was serious about wanting more info before hiring this person.
I would not even consider asking this for anyone (other than a very close friend or family) if it had anything to do with violent crime or involving a criminal street gang element.
Thank you all for your opinions, we all are entitled to them and are based on our own perceptions and experiences. I just thought I'd ask, cause I said I would.
i'm sure they will find a job! lots out there and someone will give them a break! We've all ( Well i know i have) fukked up at one time or another and caught some slack from someone!

a catered life
03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
We hire felons as long as its not a violent crime or theft related. WE have local and work where travel is required.
drug trafficing leads to jail:D

finsfan4life
03-29-2007, 08:50 PM
In all seriousness, it all depends on the crime and how much of a history. Anything involving any kind of repeated theft, identity theft, credit card fraud of Forgery..means heck no, person is a lifetime tweaker, and/or scum... Belongs locked up....
And when I am talking about dope, I am talking about any kind of a schedule 1drug (meth/cocaine)...Meth and Fontana kinda go together....!!

hoolign
03-29-2007, 09:07 PM
In all seriousness, it all depends on the crime and how much of a history. Anything involving any kind of repeated theft, identity theft, credit card fraud of Forgery..means heck no, person is a lifetime tweaker, and/or scum... Belongs locked up....
And when I am talking about dope, I am talking about any kind of a schedule 1drug (meth/cocaine)...Meth and Fontana kinda go together....!!
I just like my weed,, they can have all the other crap!

TBONE1904
03-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I know there are a lot of valid arguments for and against hiring those who have done time for various things, but does anyone know of a company in the Fontana area that may be looking for someone who has experience in Data Entry in order to help them get back on their feet?????
If not Data Entry, maybe something else that can be taught...
PM me and I'll provide more details..
Thanks in advance,,,,Ted
My best friend is down until the end of next year, and honestly if it wasn't for me he probably wouldn't be able to use his education to get a good job when he is out. I will be honest I wouldn't hire one unless he was my best friend or one of my best friends friend. That is just how the ball rolls. Data entry is'nt my field , so no I don't have any hook ups for you.

All-Star
03-29-2007, 09:32 PM
My husband has a felon lined up for hire in March 2008. It is not a data entry job. But that person should use as a selling point that the employer can receive a tax credit for hiring them.
You receive tax benefits as an employer for hiring one! Plus you help a person out too. Get them back on their feet. They are not always bad people, just a bad situation.
If they only have one thing on their record they might want to think about getting it expunged.
These are just a few sites that they can visit on the web to obtain info on the tax benefits for hiring them. When they fill out the application, print this info out and staple it to the application. It can not hurt.
www.hirenetwork.org/state_tax_credits.htm
www.sen.ca.gov/sor/reports/reports_by_year/1996/prop194.txt
www.atwater.org/doc_files/2004%20EZ%20Checklist.DOC
www.crjustice.org/cji/ex_offenders_employers_12-15-06.pdf
www.library.ca.gov/html/statseg2a.cfm
www.financeproject.org/Publications/lowincomemothersissuenote.htm
www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-19771.html
www.celcee.edu/publications/digest/Dig05-07.html
www.financeproject.org/Publications/helpingparentswithcriminalrecordsIN.htm
I hope this helps you.
Is this a guy or a girl???
How many hours a week are they looking for?
Do they have a car or transportation?

Misogynist
03-29-2007, 09:36 PM
...nor is crossing the border illegally lol...:D
Don't be so smug buddy... your state has a common border with that dirt-bag country too......... :o

ratso
03-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Don't be so smug buddy... your state has a common border with that dirt-bag country too......... :o
Believe me I know... I couldn't believe what South Padre has turned into...

sorry dog
03-30-2007, 06:46 AM
I've got a kennel position open, but it's 1600 miles away.