PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Cream ???

SHADOW23
03-29-2007, 02:42 PM
My next door neighbor in Havasu swears by far the best vinyl Upholstery cleaner is regular shaving cream. He is also the customer service manager for Advantage Boats. Anyone else ever try it.

Hustler
03-29-2007, 02:46 PM
never tried it but it sounds messy.
Mr Cleans Magic Eraser is the shit and I'll bet I'm not the only one here that thinks so.:idea:

4day!!
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
i've heard that somewhere too. The old school stuff not the gel, right?

SHADOW23
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Mr Cleans Magic Eraser is the shit and I'll bet I'm not the only one here that thinks so.:idea:
Just picked up a box today

Deano
03-29-2007, 02:52 PM
That stuff is magical:D

SHADOW23
03-29-2007, 02:52 PM
i've heard that somewhere too. The old school stuff not the gel, right?
Yea he said the .99 a can stuff.

DaddyMack
03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
My next door neighbor in Havasu swears by far the best vinyl Upholstery cleaner is regular shaving cream. He is also the customer service manager for Advantage Boats. Anyone else ever try it.
It usually has Lanolin or some other conditioner in it.. makes sense...:idea:

christhomas2
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
If Bob tells you it works! then it works! Try it, I did. My buddies son cleaned all the upholstry in my boat with shaving cream. As clean, or maybe cleaner than the day I got the boat! Tried to give the 14 year old kid $20.00 for his two hours of hard work, and the kid tells me "keep your money that's what friends do".

UHHH SUCKA
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I also heard it was the Barbisal or the one in the green and blue striped can which I believe is the old skool stuff. I'm pulling out the boat this weekend to get it ready and gonna buy a can and try it out.

dumbandyoung
03-29-2007, 03:10 PM
simple green is great! It doesnt leave the seats feeling all greasy.
http://www.yummy.com/images/products/simple-green-orig.gif
on another note.. i heard that vinegar takes water spots off gelcoat...never tried it though.

purrfecttremor
03-29-2007, 03:38 PM
on another note.. i heard that vinegar takes water spots off gelcoat...never tried it though.
Takes the wax off with it:mad:

Ziggy
03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
I had a dark purple boat before that spotted just seeing water. The only stuff I could clean the spots with was Vinegar. I always used white vinegar with distilled water 50/50. It cleans fantastic but then requires a new coat of wax cuz it takes that off too............so follow that with Magic34's Drywash N Gaurd spray wax..........two real easy steps to keep the shine alive.
The vin/h20 mix works great for household uses too........glass shower doors, kitchen, you name it.

Ziggy
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Also, I've used ZEP formula 507(I think thats what it was) to clean interior. Took ballpoint ink of the vinyl 90%.
Got that at Home Depot

hoolign
03-29-2007, 03:52 PM
I had a dark purple boat before that spotted just seeing water. The only stuff I could clean the spots with was Vinegar. I always used white vinegar with distilled water 50/50. It cleans fantastic but then requires a new coat of wax cuz it takes that off too............so follow that with Magic34's Drywash N Gaurd spray wax..........two real easy steps to keep the shine alive.
The vin/h20 mix works great for household uses too........glass shower doors, kitchen, you name it.
Vinegar - it's not just for vaginas anymore!:D

HalletDave
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
I hear Summers Eve will work just as well and your not left with that dirty sock smell from the vinegar.:D

hoolign
03-29-2007, 04:11 PM
I hear Summers Eve will work just as well and your not left with that dirty sock smell from the vinegar.:D
Rasberry or strawberry? :idea:

dumbandyoung
03-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Cool! thanks for the info!

dumbandyoung
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM

hoolign
03-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Cool! thanks for the info! :D

beaverretriever
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Urine works best...
anyone wanna go for a ride in my boat. ;)

Hardly Satisfied
03-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I won't trust a word that Bob said , he's full of sh*t,:D just my .02 about him. tell him Ed said Hello for me

AZKC
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
I know we used Shaving Creme to condition baseball gloves.http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

slowinhavasu
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Can you say Vinyl Sauce for cleaning + Conditioning Sauce for UV protection plus conditioning............BOAT BLING Baby .............at a fine retailer near you.......:D

shirkey4750
03-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Had a friend who worked at Union Carbide, which makes Simple Green, give me a jug of 100% stuff, ate a hole in the jug setting in my garage.

dumbandyoung
03-29-2007, 06:44 PM
damn double post! sorry:D :D

hoolign
03-29-2007, 06:45 PM
damn double post! sorry:D :D

J540
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
YEP. Go and spend all that $$ on scrub brush Simple green, 409, water with bleach(on white), What ever sauce, etc, and try it, but leave a one or two foot section then go buy a .99 cent Mr Cleans Magic Eraser.
I have and used them all, I was blown away on how good Mr,C. works.
Did a test on a golfcart with a white seat with a soft brush and S.G. 409, water with bleach, and a lot more. Mr C all the way.
Then use a good Protectant like B-Bling.

GHT
03-29-2007, 07:08 PM
That stuff is magical:D
Second, Third, & Forth that...

HavaSkank
03-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Had a friend who worked at Union Carbide, which makes Simple Green, give me a jug of 100% stuff, ate a hole in the jug setting in my garage.
That's happened to the crotch of my panties after a night of gut-rot tequilla shots in a dive bar in Fontana

MrsGHT
03-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I know, whip cream on the boat works awsome!!!! OOPS, oh, sorry you said shaving cream....

hoolign
03-29-2007, 08:26 PM
That's happened to the crotch of my panties after a night of gut-rot tequilla shots in a dive bar in Fontana
Someone ate a hole in em? :eek:

DMOORE
03-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I use shaving cream, gel type. and it works great. Cleans and whitens the vinal.
Darrell.

lewiville
03-29-2007, 09:11 PM
oh my:eek: :eek: :jawdrop: