PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Racing Aug. 18 & 19

Emanon Performance Marine
03-30-2007, 06:50 PM
I have very little info at this time. Jim Best, Brad Stellman and myself have been talking quite a bit this past week. Jim Best mentioned this to Brad and myself so I am posting this to see if there is anyone that would be interested. This is a possible race that the Nostalgia Classes may attend.
Nostalgia Class Rules;
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145316
Stockton Ca
Standard Heat racing
$35 entry fee per day
Possible Tow $$$
4 - 5 boats to make a class
Anyone interested ?
Nostalgia Jets
1)
2)
3)
4)

lilrick
03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
did you say race? that would require a V-drive...:D

03-31-2007, 02:56 PM
what year would be considered nostaliga????????
As far as the Jets I can say we are not that picky, we are mainly concerned with the 80.9mph GPS max speed. We really want to have full classes. But '82 or older, or copy of.
Anyone interested ?
Nostalgia Jets
1) cj 410
2) cj 812
3) cj 72
4)
5)
6)
7)

Ralph Brunt
03-31-2007, 04:50 PM
where's that damn 22 boat

03-31-2007, 05:55 PM
where's that damn 22 boat
Just got off the phone with him and he will be ready.
Anyone interested ?
Nostalgia Jets
1) cj 410
2) cj 812
3) cj 72
4) cj 22
5)
6)

03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
The date is not cast in stone. The location is the City of Isleton on the sacramento delta. The race course is on the river. The Mayor (Jim Corsair)I am not sure of the spelling ,is behind it and he has also been talking to Ron Hill. Darell Sorenson, in region 11 is also involved in putting on the race. Bob Williams is also involved in organizing the race. At this point its in the planning stages and the above involved individuals are trying to get an idea of commitment. The other part of the program would include outboard tunnels, mod.outboard, stock outboard, etc. etc. The crackerboxs were also included. Past entry fees have traditionally been 50 dollars per class per day.
As I get more info. I will post it.
Nostalgia Jets
1) cj 72 - J. Rich
2) cj 812 - R. Brunt
3) cj 410 - Valore
4) cj 22 - H. Archaleta
5)
6)
7)

04-01-2007, 11:31 AM
http://www.isletoncoc.org/graphics/locmap.gif

04-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Just some info;
Jim Corsaut, Region 11 OPC Chairman and Sport C racer, was elected mayor of Isleton CA. He was the top vote getter in the general election, based on his promise to bring about a new accountability and openness to the workings of the city government. We wish him the best in his new position.
Well, from what you can see in the above statement, quoted directly from the APBA's Propeller Magazine, we have a huge ally in getting races in the area. Most of you know that I have been working very hard to promote the Nostalgia Jet Class as well as the the other Nostalgia classes. My goal from the beginning, as I have stated, is to bring Nostalgia racing to every city and town. I have never been much for following political paths in getting jobs done, I usually just jump right in and make it happen. Being that this race is a possibility, it gives me new hope and drive in taking the Nostalgia classes National. I need everyone's support and help.
Thank you
Jim

Oldsquirt
04-01-2007, 06:17 PM
How does the mayor of a little backwater town like Isleton figure he has any pull in a large city nearly 30 miles away? Where, exactly, do they plan on holding these races? I sure can't picture them being held anywhere on the Stockton Deep Water channel. It would be interesting to have races up in this area, though.

04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Well I am not quite sure of all the details as of yet but this is my guess;
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/168839.jpg

Moneypitt
04-01-2007, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE]Being that this race is a possibility, it gives me new hope and drive in taking the Nostalgia classes National. I need everyone's support and help.
Thank you
Jim[QUOTE]
You got the drive part right........That is a long friggin way to tow, even from So Cal, and from the middle of no where, er, ah, I mean the middle of Az, it is even further...........MP

Oldsquirt
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Well I am not quite sure of all the details as of yet but this is my guess;
That looks like the town of Isleton, with Hwy 160 running along the river's edge. Makes more sense than trying to run in/around Stockton.