PDA

View Full Version : Snowboat

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Ken
Did you get the pictures yet? This is what I bought. Going either this weekend or next to get it. Now I just have to get a power plant together.
Fiat48
Thank you for all the help. God only know what I would of wound up with had you not given me all the advice.
Everyone else,
Thanks for all the advice on buying a boat. Definately the best idea to go for the right hull and build the engine later. Thanks.
Billy
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/COLEBI~1.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/COLEBA~1.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/COLEBO~2.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/COLEBO~3.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/COLESA~1.JPG
[ January 21, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: INEEDAV ]

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Badass, dude, badass!!.. wink wink :cool:
[ January 21, 2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey Ken, when you race him, make sure you stipulate "5 laps"... :D :D

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Does that mean best of five 1/4mile passes?

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 07:59 PM
GoFastracer
Ken will be able to take me for a year or two to come. I still have to finish a motor up, long way from done.

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 08:02 PM
No, that means 1/2 mi in both directions!!... :D

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 08:04 PM
INEEDAV:
GoFastracer
Ken will be able to take me for a year or two to come. I still have to finish a motor up, long way from done. That's cool, he'll be there waitin!.. :D :D :D

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 08:05 PM
I was afraid of that.

Infomaniac
01-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Wow !!!

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 08:17 PM
INEEDAV:
I was afraid of that. Got an idea, get it done and come down to Red Rock with Ken this year and I'll race ya, I don't even have a blower, just a limp dick 468 with a cough,cough carb!(that may change though)!!.. wink :D :D :D
[ January 21, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Don't know about RedRock, Ken gets more time off than me. I will actually be taking my vacation close to Info. I am from NE Oklahoma.

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Well then, I think you have some serious competition!!... wink :D

Fiat48
01-21-2003, 08:46 PM
I've searched and finally come up with a "powerplant" for you.
I'm a little concerned about the dipstick tube hitting the wing, but other than that everything should fit with some "slight" modifications.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCF00022.JPG
Not sure of alcohol conversion yet, but conversion to vegetable oil I have down pat.
wink smile_sp

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 08:48 PM
That's too funny!.. :D :D :D

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 08:51 PM
hopefully next year I will have the vacation and experience to come run with you guys. If I am able to get a motor put together I may try to make a run west with Kenny later in the year. I really have a lot to learn though before I start lining up with other boats.
Does this mean I have to stop lurking and get to the garage (after I pick the boat up)? :) wink

GofastRacer
01-21-2003, 08:57 PM
INEEDAV:
hopefully next year I will have the vacation and experience to come run with you guys. If I am able to get a motor put together I may try to make a run west with Kenny later in the year. I really have a lot to learn though before I start lining up with other boats.
Does this mean I have to stop lurking and get to the garage (after I pick the boat up)? :) wink Be looking forward to it!. And yes, you will need to get your ass to the garage when you get the boat!!.. :D :D

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Bob
I am planning a trip out there anyway, I'll bring the shoehorn.

DaveA
01-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Fiat48:
I've searched and finally come up with a "powerplant" for you.
I'm a little concerned about the dipstick tube hitting the wing, but other than that everything should fit with some "slight" modifications.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCF00022.JPG
Not sure of alcohol conversion yet, but conversion to vegetable oil I have down pat.
wink smile_sp Install this, and you'll be able to out-smoke the weedwackas, if'n you wanna.
So that's a wing, huh? Thought it was some kind of special bimini top for flatties :D :D

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 09:48 PM
GofastRacer
Member # 2613 posted January 21, 2003 08:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well then, I think you have some serious competition!!...
GfR
Don't think I will be ready to run Info for awhile. Been watching his engine project on Havasu Barney, very nice. Hope I get an oppurtunity to see his boat next summer though. :) I don't see much racing at all for awhile. Maybe in a year or two.

BILLY.B
01-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Nice looking ride! should be alot of fun when you get it done, what kind of power plant are you planning on?, and are you using this for the drags or just a river deal? :cool:

INEEDAV
01-21-2003, 10:40 PM
BillyB
Thanks. Starting out I plan on just running on the lake here close. Hopefully I will get to race it in the future. Working towards building a 468. Have a good start on the short block. I have an excellent coach on engine building, so it should turn out pretty good.

BILLY.B
01-22-2003, 06:27 AM
INEEDAV:
BillyB
Thanks. Starting out I plan on just running on the lake here close. Hopefully I will get to race it in the future. Working towards building a 468. Have a good start on the short block. I have an excellent coach on engine building, so it should turn out pretty good. INEEDAV, when you get it finished and you feel comfortable you should try and make a needles or red rock v-drive trip. Your boat will fit right in!!. Good Luck,Be Safe, and have "FUN" :D :cool:

Snowboat
01-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Damn nice Billy G. Talk about starting at the top. Whatever happened to buying junk and fixing it up? If the rest of Fiat's advice is as good as telling you to buy that boat, I'll be in trouble this summer. Billy keeps telling me he won't be ready for an outing unless he finds some good heads. Anyone know where some are? As for having a few races----------only when the wind is a nice, steady, 20 mph with gusts to 35. I'm sure everyone knows that a Wyoming windsock is a piece of chain mounted at the top of a pole. To beat you on flat water, I'll need the prop six feet from the plates. She's a beauty.

Fiat48
01-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Geez, all I said was "If your not gonna buy it then I am on my way to buy it." :D :D :D

INEEDAV
01-22-2003, 04:06 PM
As for having a few races----------only when the wind is a nice, steady, 20 mph with gusts to 35. I'm sure everyone knows that a Wyoming windsock is a piece of chain mounted at the top of a pole. Thanks Kenny
Apparently you haven't looked outside in the last hour or so. The wind is calm. Of course its -2 degrees outside and falling, but its still calm. Guess if I can't run it much in Wyoming we will have to take a trip or two out west this summer.
wink :)

Cole Man II
01-24-2003, 01:21 PM
INEEDAV,
That is an awsome looking ride, congratulations. Do you plan to set is up just for lake use, larger gas tanks, and all the rest, or do you plan to keep it a thoroughbred?
Cole Man.

INEEDAV
01-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Cole Man
Really haven't decided how I will wind up setting it up. I imagine the first thing I will do is move the fuel tank to allow installation of the other seat. Other than that, it will remain as it is. Just starting to learn about v-drives, so it is going to be a lake boat for a year or two at least. Hopefully in a few years or so I will be ready to try my luck at racing.

CircleJerk
01-25-2003, 01:11 AM
Nice! JeRk here to say I think you need to get, amoung other things, a MATCHIN water sipper! That slim green top rips it! Then, take the wing off and install it over the kids sandbox and then,COME RACING WITH US! smile_sp

INEEDAV
01-25-2003, 08:46 AM
CJ
Well I will have to buy my own sipper, it stays with the alcohol injection system thats on that motor :( . Im kidless, so I don't think that the wing would get the use it deserves mounted over the sandbox. I will keep that in mind if we have kids in the future though.
If anyone knows where to get a blue water sipper, let me know. Thanks. wink

Sangster
01-25-2003, 09:18 AM
INEEDAV:
CJ
Well I will have to buy my own sipper, it stays with the alcohol injection system thats on that motor :( . Im kidless, so I don't think that the wing would get the use it deserves mounted over the sandbox. I will keep that in mind if we have kids in the future though.
If anyone knows where to get a blue water sipper, let me know. Thanks. wink www.bluwatersippers.com (http://www.bluwatersippers.com)

INEEDAV
01-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks Sangster, Didn't think i would ever find them. I ordered two so I would have a spare. :)