PDA

View Full Version : Who boats in Nevada?

Daytona100
03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
With all the Bitchen lakes in Nevada just wondering who else boats in Nevada? Thinking about moving up here we visited Pyramid today and it,s huge!!!!!! Gonna visit Lahotan tomorrow and check it out. No comparison to Elsinore .Pyramid is 300 feet deep no more repainting the skag. Looks like some great boating around here. Also no speed limit at Pyramid and cheap camping. Any input before I move up here would be appreciated. Thank you Mike:)

Riomouse911
03-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Lahontan is nice, gets a bit green, crowded and windy in the heat of summer. Pyramid truly is a huge lake on the reservation in the middle of nowhere. From what I remember the rules are kinda funny there on shore (tribal lands and all) so watch the P's and Q's. Walker is another desert lake with no one on it most of the time as well, on 95 near Hawthorne. Not close to a Havasu crowd, but fun water anyway.

SummerBreeze
04-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Lahontan sucks. Great beaches but the water is dirty. Don't eat the fish. Some kind of bad thing has been in the water system from the Virginia City mining days
Pyramid is a huge lake but watch the wind. The waterspots are as tough as nails to get off. I never have felt good on that lake all the stories of boats sinking and indian ju ju.
Walker is not the place to go boating.
Bolka above Reno can be fun.
Lake Topaz can be a fun litlle lake.
Lake Tahoe is by far the most Beautiful Lake anywhere in the world. The seasons are short if you catch it right some days on Tahoe are amazing.
Launching is a pain and can be expensive. Your boat will lack power at 6200ft
Watch the wind in the afternoon. Ankors don't work well in Tahoe
I head to Havasu in the spring and fall to get the most out of my boating

Daytona100
04-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Lahontan sucks. Great beaches but the water is dirty. Don't eat the fish. Some kind of bad thing has been in the water system from the Virginia City mining days
Pyramid is a huge lake but watch the wind. The waterspots are as tough as nails to get off. I never have felt good on that lake all the stories of boats sinking and indian ju ju.
Lake Tahoe is by far the most Beautiful Lake anywhere in the world. The seasons are short if you catch it right some days on Tahoe are amazing.
Thanks for the info. What about Lahotan I heard it,s a party lake kinda like a Havasu crowd.:D

burtandnancy2
04-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Pyramid is a puddle compared to Lake Mead, over 1000 miles of shoreline, no speed limit, 6 marina's, great climate almost year around and great exploring. If that isn't good enough, its only 4 hours from Lake Powell...

Daytona100
04-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Pyramid is a puddle compared to Lake Mead, over 1000 miles of shoreline, no speed limit, 6 marina's, great climate almost year around and great exploring. If that isn't good enough, its only 4 hours from Lake Powell...
Ya but it,s a huge puddle!!!!!!!! The only lakes close to now are Elsinore and lake perris and there pretty sad.

burtandnancy2
04-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Wasn't your question "who boats in Nevada?"

SummerBreeze
04-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the info. What about Lahotan I heard it,s a party lake kinda like a Havasu crowd.:D
No .... If you want a party type of lake there is no place like Havasu.
Lahonton just plane sucks. You might find a party camp fire Deal-O...
Wake board boats a few flat bottoms. The water is alot like Lake Elsonore.
It's a hour away from me and I don't go. The beaches are great the water sucks. Plug your body holes and go in the lake. Way to many stories about the water at that lake.

Dribble
04-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Lake Tahoe is by far the most Beautiful Lake anywhere in the world.
I'll second that.

blueman
04-01-2007, 06:32 PM
I'll third that !

spectratoad
04-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Yep, what he said. The wind is the kicker around here. Usually everyday around 3. Lahontan is a pretty dirty lake but fun once or twice a year. Wakeboard idiots are getting outta control out there. I just try to have fun wherever I go.
Shasta is only four hours, Frenchman lake is kinda small but kickback and about 30 minutes. SAc Delta is about two hours away.
If you get up here this summer look me up and we can bounce around some lakes.

ANXIETY ATTACK
04-02-2007, 09:15 AM
we boat and camp a lot at Topaz, small but fun, also do Tahoe, water is like 99.7 clean you can jump right in and drink the water, after 3 pm that lake can get scary big water.

dirty old man
04-03-2007, 10:35 AM
If you like hot summers, warm water, fairly good beaches, Lake Mead is the place. Although its now down 103 feet, there are new beaches every week and there are still hundreds of miles of shore and coves to explore. Better get here soon though, theres not much water coming in and a lot going south

GoCiggie31
04-03-2007, 10:52 AM
another boater that boats in Nevada, Lake Tahoe.
As stated above, very beautiful lake. Water temp not as warm (rather chilly) as other Nevada lakes. Nevada side of Lake Tahoe has (very)strict noise regs, so heads up.
cheers

spectratoad
04-03-2007, 02:35 PM
water is like 99.7 clean you can jump right in and drink the water
Not sure about that part though. :D But it does make all men equal.