PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the rant

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2007, 07:17 PM
dear??????
does anyone ever get tired of their sibblings. Well as most know my mother has been living with us for 2 years now. She has diabetes, she doesn't take care of herself very well. She eats too much sugar so her weight is very low. The sugar fights off the insulin. anyway. My mom went out to my brothers in Nuevo ( temecula area)Tuesday of last week. She went to help my sister in laws mother after a surgery she just had.
Plus to spend time with our new neice who is a few months old now.
I hadn't heard from my mom or anyone while she has been out there. Jamie and I have been working 7 days a week since August. Today I thought I would get the house cleaned a little since it is a big mess.
I get a call from my sister telling me my mom had a minor heart attack and her sugar level was over 700 :eek: So I say "well when did she have it.." She told me Thursday night she was very sick, stumbling, speaking funny, and vomiting.that is when brother called her. Well Friday morning, brother goes to work, Sister in law is at home with the kids. Mom is not feeling well at all so she drives herself..to Kaiser finds out the problem in a few hours..minor heart attack, And I get the fricken call a few hours ago.. today on fricken sat.
I asked my sister why she didn't call me Friday..or even thursday night when she was that sick.. Her excuse was.. Christine( sister in law) said.. Mom didn't want anyone to know.. :eek: WTF.. well you all knew thursday night and friday morning.she drives herself to the hospital. why didn't someone take her..well she said.. Christine had the kids.. :eek: so f ucking what.. :mad:
WTF is wrong with this picture.. Am I wrong to be pissed at her and the inlaw or am I over reacting.
sorry for the rant. Just pissed off.

Tom Brown
03-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Am I wrong to be pissed at her and the inlaw...
Inlaws exist for the purpose of providing a target for our anger. Right and wrong have nothing to do with it.
The main thing is, it sounds like your Mom is doing pretty well considering the circumstances. I hope she's OK.

photo chick
03-31-2007, 07:26 PM
No you're not wrong, I would kill my brother if he did that. Never could stand his ex so nothing she did ever surprised me!! Your brother should've called you and then you could've taken mom in since he had to work...
Glad she's ok though... Tell her next time she's not allowed to go over there & that she's grounded:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2007, 07:34 PM
No you're not wrong, I would kill my brother if he did that. Never could stand his ex so nothing she did ever surprised me!! Your brother should've called you and then you could've taken mom in since he had to work...
Glad she's ok though... Tell her next time she's not allowed to go over there & that she's grounded:D
LMAO!! Yeah Grounded.. It's pay back..:D
she is doing well.. she had an appointment today and they were suppose to call me and no call yet.
I guess meds and a few more tests.
I just can't believe they let her drive herself..:mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Inlaws exist for the purpose of providing a target for our anger. Right and wrong have nothing to do with it.
The main thing is, it sounds like your Mom is doing pretty well considering the circumstances. I hope she's OK.
LOL!! you are right.. I never really did care for any of her actions.

fatboy95
03-31-2007, 07:44 PM
How old is your mom? This is just the beginning. Diabetes will slowly break down her body with microvascular issues especially in the lower extremities, then the eyes. Get her to a Diabetes Educator and Dietician and have her get into a support group. Her private MD has probably given up and so has the Endocrinologist. Hopefully she doesn't drink or smoke.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2007, 07:47 PM
How old is your mom? This is just the beginning. Diabetes will slowly break down her body with microvascular issues especially in the lower extremities, then the eyes. Get her to a Diabetes Educator and Dietician and have her get into a support group. Her private MD has probably given up and so has the Endocrinologist. Hopefully she doesn't drink or smoke.
she is 58 years old.. her eyes are almost gone already, she does smoke and Yes, her DR. Has pretty much given up onher.. Gave her a dietician and she refused to go by it.. I tell her everyday and this is what happens when people are stubborn and think they can beat the odds at everything.. Not true in this case..:(

fatboy95
03-31-2007, 08:10 PM
she is 58 years old.. her eyes are almost gone already, she does smoke and Yes, her DR. Has pretty much given up onher.. Gave her a dietician and she refused to go by it.. I tell her everyday and this is what happens when people are stubborn and think they can beat the odds at everything.. Not true in this case..:(
Sounds like my brother. he's 58, 6' 6", 345 lbs. Thinks nothing can hurt him. He started smoking and drinking again about 4 years ago. Smokes 2 packs of cigs per day and I have seen him polish off a 1.5 of Captain Morgan in one night. Has a serious cough, elevated blood pressure and can't understand why he is short of breath. Won't listen to anyone. I stay out of any health discussions.

Windy
03-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Im sorry you are going through this Char...someone should have either called 911 or driven her.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Sounds like my brother. he's 58, 6' 6", 345 lbs. Thinks nothing can hurt him. He started smoking and drinking again about 4 years ago. Smokes 2 packs of cigs per day and I have seen him polish off a 1.5 of Captain Morgan in one night. Has a serious cough, elevated blood pressure and can't understand why he is short of breath. Won't listen to anyone. I stay out of any health discussions.
I really try to stay out of it.. But it is hard because she lives with us and it's even harder to watch her wither away slowly.:( :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Im sorry you are going through this Char...someone should have either called 911 or driven her.
Thank you Windy.. That is what I said. They should have called an ambulance.. It was not safe for her or anyone else for that matter that she was driving by.:)

Baja Big Dog
03-31-2007, 08:35 PM
You can pick your friends ...but you cant pick your relatives!!! Dam--it!:(
Ive got the greatest sister in the world, when I read this crap I call her and tell her I love her....she's gotten wise to me now and asks "who screwed up now!!"
Got too many friends that deal with this crap...its just wrong!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2007, 08:38 PM
You can pick your friends ...but you cant pick your relatives!!! Dam--it!:(
Ive got the greatest sister in the world, when I read this crap I call her and tell her I love her....she's gotten wise to me now and asks "who screwed up now!!"
Got too many friends that deal with this crap...its just wrong!!
I here ya.. I wish they were more like that.. But I am always the last one to know anything .. Unless their rent is due. :D