PDA

View Full Version : So whos the King of CFW 03?

ps555
01-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Just wondering whos the king of cfw didnt get a chance to get out there.

Infomaniac
01-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Camp Far Weed?
Sorry I could not resist. LOL
Interesting topic in this forum while you folks were away.

T-Bag
01-01-2003, 05:47 PM
From what I hear the title match is set for fathers day weekend. Like I said just what I heard.

ACCEPTENCE
01-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Sounds like it may not have happened??? Any pics of hot passes show on the boards yet???, course there may not have been anything to take pictures of if no So.Cal. boats made it up there...

ACCEPTENCE
01-01-2003, 09:06 PM
It's 9:00p.m. and still no pics from (CFW). Kinda makes ya go Hummmmm???? :confused: eek!

Sangster
01-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Infomaniac:
Camp Far Weed?
Sorry I could not resist. LOL
Interesting topic in this forum while you folks were away. Right On, Info.....couldn't have said it better myself..... smile_sp

cal***boat
01-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Did not see anyone wearing the crown and the trophy in their hand.
The event had a good turn out of boats but only saw a few good passes by a select few boats.
The FEAR FACTOR boat sounded real healthy but never seen it get off the trailer along with a few other blown flats.
I guess we will see what happens on Fathers Day.

SUI-CY-COLE
01-01-2003, 09:17 PM
most stayed on the trailer due to the fact,,,there were 60 mph tahiti jet boats running all damm day messing up the water....who invites these clowns?????????????

TopCat
01-01-2003, 09:21 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
most stayed on the trailer due to the fact,,,there were 60 mph tahiti jet boats running all damm day messing up the water....who invites these clowns?????????????

ACCEPTENCE
01-01-2003, 09:28 PM
cal***boat:
Did not see anyone wearing the crown and the trophy in their hand.
The event had a good turn out of boats but only saw a few good passes by a select few boats.
The FEAR FACTOR boat sounded real healthy but never seen it get off the trailer along with a few other blown flats.
I guess we will see what happens on Fathers Day. So who were the select few makin passes??? Was the show of flats runnin??? Anybody have a GPS handy??? Come on now, give it up...

TopCat
01-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Thats the great thing about a day like today 60 mph or 160 out on the water is better than on the beach besides most of the so called big boys(and girls)weren't all that impressive...I guess what i'm trying to say its about having FUN!!!!!

cal***boat
01-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Very good point, But you had to have something to laugh at

TopCat
01-01-2003, 09:31 PM
True vary True

ACCEPTENCE
01-01-2003, 09:32 PM
TopCat:
Thats the great thing about a day like today 60 mph or 160 out on the water is better than on the beach besides most of the so called big boys(and girls)weren't all that impressive...I guess what i'm trying to say its about having FUN!!!!! Nothing impressive??? Really, there had to be someone or something makin passes better then 100mph???

cal***boat
01-01-2003, 09:38 PM
TopCat, Ya just got a #5 rating from me. I guess i missed seeing you there also. Did you leave when Jim left ??

TopCat
01-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Well i didn't say nothing impressive, there was a Sanger daycruiser and an outboard and there was some outstanding paint jobs, O'ya a plain jane white Curtis that looked like he could get out of his own way LOL

TopCat
01-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Cal***boat, I left about 4:30 Sorry I missed you, BBT had good things to say about you!

cal***boat
01-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks TopCat, Hope to hook up with you guys on fathers day
Your right that outboard did haul some ass along with that daycruiser.
I sure did want to see my old boat run against some of those hydros. Better luck next time.

BigBoyToys
01-02-2003, 03:47 AM
cal***boat:
Thanks TopCat, Hope to hook up with you guys on fathers day
Your right that outboard did haul some ass along with that daycruiser.
I sure did want to see my old boat run against some of those hydros. Better luck next time. We'll be there fathers day Cal***boat.

FLYTE RISK
01-02-2003, 08:24 AM
TopCat:
Thats the great thing about a day like today 60 mph or 160 out on the water is better than on the beach besides most of the so called big boys(and girls)weren't all that impressive...I guess what i'm trying to say its about having FUN!!!!! Were'nt impressed :confused: guru doin burnouts ridin wheelies in every boat he drove.. What the hell were you expecting MADNESS makin passes.... I think you are refering to the jet boats runnin all day or were you in one of them.... wink

FLYTE RISK
01-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Sangster thanx for the present in the boat. I am glad we ran em when we did was lookin pretty nasty rest of the day.. Sure was cold though hell had smoke comin out of my mouth.. Maybe we can do it again fathers day when ya get the bottle. :)

dossangers
01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Well i hope sombodys going to do [jet] crowd control fathers day so we can race .I dont want to drag all the way up there to sit on the beach!!!

Hud
01-02-2003, 09:28 AM
A bull horn on the point should do the trick! argue :D

HCS
01-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Hud:
A bull horn on the point should do the trick! argue :D By the way, thanks for cooking the grub!. http://philtranfa.com/images/funny/smiles/thumbsup.gif

JEThro
01-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Wasn't that idiot out on the Wave-Runner who was picking driftwood out of the water a jet guy? I think he deserves a little thanks for trying to make the water a little safer! I know he almost tipped over trying to pull a water-logged stump onto his little "jet". I lauhged my as off on that one.

1st Timer
01-02-2003, 04:12 PM
dossangers:
Well i hope sombodys going to do [jet] crowd control fathers day so we can race .I dont want to drag all the way up there to sit on the beach!!! Tell you what Dossangers, put your boat in by 7:30 or so and you will be ok, if you wait any longer than that everybody and their brothers will be out there. They don't seem to ever go away, if it was anything like New Years.

BK
01-02-2003, 04:14 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
most stayed on the trailer due to the fact,,,there were 60 mph tahiti jet boats running all damm day messing up the water....who invites these clowns????????????? Didnt know an invite was needed? So I guess i'll be sitting on pins and needles waiting for your call before I load my family up to come out next year! I hope you see it in your hart to allow us to come out to YOUR event and enjoy ourselves as much as we did this year. frown
[ January 02, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: BK ]

Hud
01-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Hardcore, your most welcome! I'll talk to Gary who runs the lake. Maybe we can get this think under controll. He loves Hot Boats and would do just about anything for them.

FLYTE RISK
01-02-2003, 04:30 PM
BK, I think ya missed the point it's not a private lake obviously! But when there is a pair of hydro's sittin with 3 in. of freeboard waiting for the water to settle down and 5 60 m.p.h jet boats go right by them not once but several times the same ones C'MON GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I PERSONALLY HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH JET BOATS FAST BOATS OR ROW BOATS just have some respect for everyone with a boat..I saw 4 boats sittin for appx 5 mins and what happens 6 more fricken slow boats who already made several passes racin eachother take off, RIDICULOUS :( HOW ARE THERE GOIN TO BE BRACKET RACES IN THE COVE ??????????

Hud
01-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Those boats won't be in the water, just your class, just like they do it everywhere else.

Hud
01-02-2003, 04:43 PM
I know all you guy's and some gal's want to run your Bad Ass Iron just as bad as I do. I'm talking to Gary as I speak and were going to work it out for you. Trust me, just need a little time. Father's Day will be a different deal. Hell if I have to seat out there in a row boat with a bull horn, you guy's WILL have good water to run on!!!!!!!!!!! Amen :D

ACCEPTENCE
01-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Hud:
I know all you guy's and some gal's want to run your Bad Ass Iron just as bad as I do. I'm talking to Gary as I speak and were going to work it out for you. Trust me, just need a little time. Father's Day will be a different deal. Hell if I have to seat out there in a row boat with a bull horn, you guy's WILL have good water to run on!!!!!!!!!!! Amen :D Well now...somebody has grabbed the bull by the horns, you go man. A pretty bold statement you have made here but if you can somehow pull it off the tow up there will be well worth it!!! Good luck...

hulshot
01-02-2003, 07:26 PM
top cat the white Kurtis was Scott Cones boat. I beleive it runs in the 8's from what I remember.
I dont know if the RAT sanger was in the 7's. would have been a good race for the pro gas flats. I tried to talk to one of them at the ramp but they didn't have anything to say so I went on my way. good turn out for the day. Thank Gary and Brandy for opening the camp site for everyone.

T-Bag
01-02-2003, 07:29 PM
hulshot:
top cat the white Kurtis was Scott Cones boat. I beleive it runs in the 8's from what I remember.
I dont know if the RAT sanger was in the 7's. would have been a good race for the pro gas flats. I tried to talk to one of them at the ramp but they didn't have anything to say so I went on my way. good turn out for the day. Thank Gary and Brandy for opening the camp site for everyone. The white kurtis was Bill Rivas' boat not cones. the Rat Attack has ran high 6s' at a little over 170 mph on njba clocks.

Jetboatguru
01-02-2003, 08:42 PM
hulshot:
I dont know if the RAT sanger was in the 7's. would have been a good race for the pro gas flats. I tried to talk to one of them at the ramp but they didn't have anything to say so I went on my way. good turn out for the day. Thank Gary and Brandy for opening the camp site for everyone. Hulshot, Were you referring to me not having anything to say at the ramp? If so, sorry. I get all spun out making sure everything is ready on the boat and sometimes I get in my own little world. No disrespect intended.
Tony

stix818
01-03-2003, 08:36 AM
After reading all the post it makes me wonder if anyone enjoyed themselves. I haven't heard to many positive things come from CFW (a few exceptions of course). What was the weather like?

Her454
01-03-2003, 08:56 AM
in my opinion, there were far more positives than negatives. However, it's ALWAYS a dissapointment when you travel any distance at all after putting so much time, $$$ and effort into a boat that ends up sitting on the trailer or not being able to run it to its full potential. The fact there were so many great people, Boats, Food and awsome weather made it worthwile for me, even tho my boat never even made the trip. Just being there and watching was worth it. But thats just my opinion... eek!

HCS
01-03-2003, 09:17 AM
I had a great time!, beer, food, great people, fast boats, sunshine. :cool: Not necessarily in that orded but what more could you ask for. :)
When ever an event gets that big you end up with lots of people that don't understand what the main agenda was or simply don't care. :rolleyes:

stix818
01-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Ya I saw some pics and it looks like there was a ton of people. Hopefully I can make the trip next year even if I don't bring the boat out.

Sangerboy
01-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Stix818:
After reading all the post it makes me wonder if anyone enjoyed themselves. I haven't heard to many positive things come from CFW (a few exceptions of course). What was the weather like? I personally had a great time. Even though I only ran my boat on Tuesday, I had a great time talking with and meeting people, eating and watching the occassional hot pass when water conditions allow. It was well worth the 71/2 hour(1 way) pull. :cool:

Her454
01-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Sangerboy:
It was well worth the 71/2 hour(1 way) pull. :cool: And were glad ya made the drive! :D

stix818
01-03-2003, 03:53 PM
I guess the trips always worth it when you have fun. You could be like me and be glad the boat is still together and basically ready to go for boating season!!!

BigBoyToys
01-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Stix818:
After reading all the post it makes me wonder if anyone enjoyed themselves. I haven't heard to many positive things come from CFW (a few exceptions of course). What was the weather like? We had an excellent time at CFW! One for the books! Next year, I'm gonna take off more time from work and stay for 7 or 8 days!

Sangster
01-05-2003, 07:46 AM
Well back to the Question at Hand..Who does THIS belong to.....
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Avatars/crownsml.JPG

O.B eddie
01-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Sangster I did not meet you but I saw your Hydro by the ramp.. Didnt you have a race with a flat.. who won?

Sangster
01-05-2003, 02:19 PM
O.B eddie:
Sangster I did not meet you but I saw your Hydro by the ramp.. Didnt you have a race with a flat.. who won? Yep, my son ran Flyte Risk, Flyte pulled us off the line...But for some reason he "let off" on the Big End..Ha-ha...Maybe a question better asked Flyte Risk...... smile_sp smile_sp

FLYTE RISK
01-05-2003, 03:14 PM
O.B ed,Sangsters reference to the big end is the 1/2 mile mark. ha ha From the video I saw JR. wasnt closin either we'll see fathers day. The flood risk boat may just have to retire. wink

Sangster
01-05-2003, 03:22 PM
FLYTE RISK:
O.B ed,Sangsters reference to the big end is the 1/2 mile mark. ha ha From the video I saw JR. wasnt closin either we'll see fathers day. The flood risk boat may just have to retire. wink Damn Flyte, I thought You would be out Rubbin' the dirt off your spokes & I could slip a quick one in....Whats this retirement shit..New boat maybe..... smile_sp

FLYTE RISK
01-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Red dirt and lots of it motorhome and boat, no just retire her back to a trailer queen after gettin spanked by smallZZ and Mike l. at ming in sept. tired of licken wounds and spendin money.......... :D :D

O.B eddie
01-05-2003, 05:31 PM
So Sangster I saw both of BBt's boats up there the orange one real intimidating ha ha but the tunnell looked like it will run 11s you and he on for jun.?

Sangster
01-05-2003, 05:51 PM
O.B eddie:
So Sangster I saw both of BBt's boats up there the orange one real intimidating ha ha but the tunnell looked like it will run 11s you and he on for jun.? We run anyone & everybody...Yup, We should have somethin' for Ole' BBT's...And another boat he hasn't seen before that we will have ready by then.. smile_sp

BigBoyToys
01-05-2003, 05:51 PM
O.B eddie:
So Sangster I saw both of BBt's boats up there the orange one real intimidating ha ha but the tunnell looked like it will run 11s you and he on for jun.? The CP runs low 10's. The orange boat ain't that fast (although you haven't seen it run full throttle) but it is a family boat meant for hauling around the kids and family on the water safely. Don't never know what I'll have or where I'll be in June. Might even be running another flat again by June. :D 1 day at a time.....
As far as Sangster goes, hell, it don't matter to me one way or another. Sangster is a good fella with a nice boat. I'll race anyone that wants to race when I am in the mood to race. From a row boat all the way up to a TFH....Don't matter to me, win lose or draw it's all in fun and about having a good time doing it.
[ January 05, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Sangster
01-05-2003, 05:56 PM
That's what it's all about.......And all this time I thought it was all about the "Hokie Pokie".... :confused: :confused: :confused:

O.B eddie
01-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Sangster:
That's what it's all about.......And all this time I thought it was all about the "Hokie Pokie".... :confused: :confused: :confused: So Sangster have you ever ran your boat through lights that thing should run pretty good.

BigBoyToys
01-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Gotta run....Kings game is coming on.

Sangster
01-05-2003, 06:10 PM
O.B eddie:
Sangster:
That's what it's all about.......And all this time I thought it was all about the "Hokie Pokie".... :confused: :confused: :confused: So Sangster have you ever ran your boat through lights that thing should run pretty good. We will be runnin' both boats this year (hopefully)

O.B eddie
01-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Sangster:
O.B eddie:
Sangster:
That's what it's all about.......And all this time I thought it was all about the "Hokie Pokie".... :confused: :confused: :confused: So Sangster have you ever ran your boat through lights that thing should run pretty good. We will be runnin' both boats this year (hopefully) Well what class from what I saw 9.0- 9.50 that hydro al;umin heads 9.0 9.50 easy.

Sangster
01-05-2003, 06:27 PM
We would like to see both boats in the mid 9s...we'll see how it goes...