PDA

View Full Version : bigs carbs

tx-19
04-01-2007, 08:43 AM
has any body ever used them,and if so are they any good?

steelcomp
04-01-2007, 09:06 AM
has any body ever used them,and if so are they any good?Good for what? I don't think Bigs is any better or worse than any other. I've found over the years that the right Holley, out of the box, is usually a very good carb. I don't put a lot of weight in all the custom carb shops' products unless you want something to brag about, or just have that much extra money to spend. Most of what they offer for the average guy is just bling...billet this, anodized that...and a lot of good advertizing. If you're building some $30K exotic engine and looking for that last few perfect hp, then there might be an advantage, but other than that, I'd just stay with a good ol' stock Holley and go from there.
JMO

f_inscreenname
04-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Same as above except I would change Holly with Edelbrock because unlike Holly you can fix a Edelbrock.

QuickJet
04-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Same as above except I would change Holly with Edelbrock because unlike Holly you can fix a Edelbrock.
I had an Edelbrock carb once and it worked out pefect. I had a 68 Camaro and changed the Edelbrock out for a Holly and took it for a test drive. The thing ran AWESOME. When I got back home, for some reason the emergency brake wasn't working anymore. It was a 4-speed car and rather than let the car roll down the driveway, I shoved that pile of shitt Edelbrock carb under the tire. When it comes to tire chaulks, nothing beats an Edelbrock carb.

Rob Freeman
04-02-2007, 09:55 PM
ive got a bigs performance carb 1050 stage 7 tanl engine built my 598 and they couldnt say enough about the carb and how it performed . loyde at tan l builds cup engines and has dynoed thousands and told me never to change the carb it was simply outstanding , take it for what its worth .