PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore today.

dmontzsta
04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Was anyone out there in a hydro? I noticed a classic looking hydro (brown metalflake).
Also, I didnt know the ski races were happening, half of the lake was closed. :)
I also picked up 6mph with my Dads cruiser. He was only able to pull down 52mph, then I took it down the no speed zone and worked the plate (electronically with the toggle switch) and was able to get it going. We put a new carb on it (thanks Travis) and he had his prop re-worked and cleaned up, the time previous to that was always STUCK at 50mph. New best mph is 56.1 mph with the bone stock BBF 460 which makes around 380-400hp! ;) With a manifold, cam and some DOVE heads I think it can go mid 60s, which is his goal.

Schiada Time
04-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I hope with some tweaking and just me in the boat she will hit 60. When I hit the lotto the big bad blown motor will go in.

GofastRacer
04-01-2007, 06:34 PM
When I hit the lotto the big bad blown motor will go in.
Oh well so much for the big bad blown motor!.. Sorry couldn't resist!..:D :D :D

Schiada Time
04-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Go Fast- As you know going fast costs lots of $$$. I'm thinking it would make more sense to build myself a flatty and leave the family boat alone.
ST

VDRIVERACING
04-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Go Fast- As you know going fast costs lots of $$$. I'm thinking it would make more sense to build myself a flatty and leave the family boat alone.
ST
You'll be able to save $$$ through volume buying power!:idea:

GofastRacer
04-01-2007, 07:57 PM
ST
Yeah tell me about it, LOL, You're right it would make a lot more sense!..

dmontzsta
04-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Elsinore seemed a bit cleaner on the cranes side of the lake.

dmontzsta
04-01-2007, 09:13 PM
ST
If you only put 40 gallons of fuel in, instead of 75! that would help too. :)
The trick is to not ride the plate all the way up, cause then these big berthas want take a hop over each wake, which seemed to slow it down. Once I found the compromise between hanging it out and keeping the bow down it picked up 4.1mph which is basically free mph that was undiscovered. :)

Schiada Time
04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Yep. I gotta learn the boat. Getting there. I need more seat time.
Trav

dmontzsta
04-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Yep. I gotta learn the boat. Getting there. I need more seat time.
Trav
Its all good, you said it best "seat time". :)
My Dad has had his cruiser for 2-3 years now and drives the piss out of it. I have probably driven it around 10-15x total and can pull 4-5mph faster on average than him, he is a little upset right now and probably reading this post! :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Also, I didnt know the ski races were happening, half of the lake was closed. :)
You should've jumped on your ski and merged into traffic.:devil:

dmontzsta
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
You should've jumped on your ski and merged into traffic.:devil:
lol, more like jump on my ski and fall on my face!