PDA

View Full Version : Place diverter vs trim

ck7684
04-02-2007, 06:37 AM
I've seen some killer rooster tails, way larger than mine. I am wondering what the main differences are between a place diverter and my electric trim on my Berk. I'm not sure if it's the jet-o-vator type or what. Its a 12JF jet tho with the factory trim...

Dominator Scott
04-02-2007, 07:52 AM
God bless rooster tails.:D

patrolman808
04-02-2007, 08:41 AM
They've probably trimmed the diverter to allow it to point upwards more.

ck7684
04-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Is there really any difference or is my trim just a factory diverter?? Killer rooster pic BTW :D

LuckyDaze
04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't think Berk ever made a factory trim? I may be wrong however. Those guys with the big ole rooster tail have just adjusted it so it points higher.
~Brian

inwo
04-02-2007, 10:15 AM
I've had ever fifferent kind at one time or another. From a Jetovator, C bowl conversion, F gimbal type, to Place Diverter.
They all do basically the same thing except for the obvious design diferences.
The F type won't fit on a two piece bowl, so you can't use wedge, droop, or rooster booster. Mine is so old it doesn't have O ring. Don't know if the newer ones do. I still like the overall design with only one pivot point.
I've thought about sawing it off and welding in a wedge. :)
The same design was used on the C to I conversion. (which I have done)
My new beer can fishing boat has an AT. Now I have to find what works best with that!

Dominator Scott
04-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Is there really any difference or is my trim just a factory diverter?? Killer rooster pic BTW :D
Thanks. My wife took that pic last fall and I about fell over when I saw it. I never realized it was throwing a roost for that long of a distance.:jawdrop:

Jetaholic
04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I never realized it was throwing a roost for that long of a distance.:jawdrop:
That's what he said...

atxwrangler
04-02-2007, 08:10 PM
on a place diverter the back half of the unit moves up and down.on a berkley trim there is just a small ring inside the back half of the unit that moves up and down.the berkley trim units,don't shoot much of a rooster tail.do you have any pics of your trim nozzle?

4trax
04-03-2007, 03:48 AM
Does it look like this?
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r162/4trax67/Boat%20parts/Oldtonewparts34.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r162/4trax67/Boat%20parts/Oldtonewparts30.jpg

ck7684
04-03-2007, 06:51 AM
I will have to take a closer look, but I think it looks like that one...I get a fairly decent rooster but not nearly as outrageous as some of the pics I've seen here. I dont get any porpoising either though. I was mainly curious about the difference betweeb the two...

4trax
04-03-2007, 08:02 AM
I will have to take a closer look, but I think it looks like that one...I get a fairly decent rooster but not nearly as outrageous as some of the pics I've seen here. I dont get any porpoising either though. I was mainly curious about the difference betweeb the two...
See where the name Berkeley is? You can grind away, up to the bottom of the name for more throw but I would not go further. Or you would start blowing out your o-ring for the nozzle.