PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead

454h20
04-02-2007, 09:30 AM
I wanted to ask for some info on Lake Mead ...Were heading to Vegas next Wed 4/11/207 and talked the wife into brining the boat so the girls are flying up and my cousin and I will tow the boat to Vegas from the Delta here in Nor/Cal...
We picked Lake Mead since its the closest were gonna go out Fri/Sat/Mon..
I wanted to get any info available about good spots to hangout on Mead where to launch when coming from Vegas etc..... Will any HOT BOATERS be out on Mead APRIL 13/14/16...
Looken forward to meeting some folks out there if anyone's available to make out those days???

Racey
04-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Use lake mead marina to launch, it's the only one thats halfway decent at the moment, Little sandy is a nice beach just east of callville, but the best part of the lake is up through the narrows to the upper basin, there is a really cool cove, no beach, up inside the narrows on the south side with real tall rock formations called the 'wishing well' always sheltered and a good place to relax and float,
Lots of beaches in the upper basin, and less traffic.

OnlyMoney
04-02-2007, 09:55 AM
We'll be out and our friends with a 32 DCB are coming out for that weekend too. A lot of the locals hang out in "Swallow Cove"...don't ask. :) It's before Calville on the left, look for the floating toilet (might not be there anymore) and it's just past that in the wakeless zone...lots of nice sand areas with the water being so low. Maybe we'll see you out there!
Lake Mead Marina is the BEST place to launch overall especially if it's a bigger boat.

ANXIETY ATTACK
04-02-2007, 11:52 AM
we will be there 20th to 23rd then off to havasu

454h20
04-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks Fellas!!
I cant wait ...Were driven up Tues after work...Will anyone have Friday off to go out for awhile..I have a 23' so I shouldnt have any issues launching .....
Sat we'll be out early casue were doing the dinner and club thing Satuday night the wives got us booked at TAO for dinner then Pure ??? I dont know what Im in store for....
Has anyone checked out Scores or Seamless which one is the better of the 2 for the guys night out???:idea:

Racey
04-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks Fellas!!
Has anyone checked out Scores or Seamless which one is the better of the 2 for the guys night out???:idea:
Never been to scores or seamless, Spearmint Rhino has the hottest strippers by far though! Scores and Seamless are both nice newer clean places, been by them but never stopped inside.

burtandnancy2
04-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Pay attention to Racey. If he is who I think he is, he is the oldest living, highly skilled known boater of Lake Mead, me being the second in line...